Occupational Health & Safety Technician Job Job Opening in Calgary, AB - Golder Associates Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Golder Associates is a growing company in Calgary, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in November 2017 Golder Associates is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Golder Associates opens job opportunity for Occupational Health & Safety Technician Job put in Calgary, AB. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Occupational Health & Safety Technician Job, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Occupational Health & Safety Technician Job November 2017Golder Associates Calgary, AB
Location: CA-AB-Edmonton | CA-AB-Calgary
Posted Date: 5 months ago
Job ID: 2017-13098
Area of Interest: EN - EHS, H&S, and Industrial Hygiene (HS)
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 5
Education (Minimum): Diploma
Experience (Years): 2
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC
Selected candidate will become a member of our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) group in either our Calgary or Edmonton office, which consists of occupational hygienists, hazardous materials professionals, safety professionals and technologists. This is a consulting position that involves providing hazardous materials management and occupational hygiene support to a variety of client types. Activities include occupational exposure assessments, hazardous materials surveying, asbestos abatement monitoring, indoor air quality and mould investigations and other related occupational hygiene activities as required. Job-specific training will be provided.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- preparing and calibrating sampling equipment for field use
- sample collection in the field, data interpretation and preparation of reports
- interpret and/or analyze sample/data results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines and criteria
- supervising asbestos abatement activities
- identifying site issues or project concerns and recommending corrective actions
- basic client liaison to ensure health, safety and hygiene needs are addressed and met
- participate in the Health and Safety program
- participate in the Quality Control program
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills
- possess a reliable vehicle, with appropriate registration and insurance for use as a work vehicle
- requirement to wear personal protective equipment – including but not limited to respiratory protection, hard hat and safety glasses
- flexibility in meeting client schedules – evening and weekend work is required
- willingness to travel throughout Alberta and potentially other provinces
- Adesire to broaden range of professional skills
- Able to adapt quickly, while managing a busy workload
- Have proven problem-solving skills
- Very good computer skills in Microsoft Office Software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Enthusiastic and versatile, willing to take on responsibility
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
Apply Online - Golder's Canadian Job Opportunities
Refer this job to a friendRefer
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Occupational Health & Safety Technician Job. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
A degree in Computer science, Commerce, Business or related discipline. A two year Technical Diploma in a related discipline will be considered with more than...
Clean drivers abstract and valid drivers license required. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License....
Located in Lower Mount Royal, this boutique commercial development group requires a full time Administrative Assistant to work in an exciting and dynamic...
Two new suits (dry-cleaning included), Dress Shirts (cleaned and pressed daily), shoes, RSP plan with additional loyalty deposits, Quarterly BONUS program,...
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, Southern Alberta, the Customer Services Representative is required to deal directly with the public, is responsible...
Must take pride in your work, with a ‘get it done right’ attitude.Your own vehicle, tools, and the ability to travel to various retail locations both in and...
Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required while on-call. This position reports to the Provincial Immunization Program Team Leads for day-to-day...
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities,...
WHMIS, Fall Arrest, First Aid considered benefits but not requirements. Employee must have a valid S.I.N number or work visa....