COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) Job Opening in Ottawa East, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a swiftly growing firm in Ottawa East, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in July 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance for COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) placed in Ottawa East, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of July 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) July 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Ottawa East, ON
Please Note: you will work zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours.
• 5 Irregular On-Call unilingual positions
• 1 Irregular On-Call bilingual position
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• ensure the effective operation of ministry approved court-recording devices
• make annotations to the court record in accordance with Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings
• ensure the security of the court recordings, safeguarding against unauthorized access or copying
• ensure quality of audio recording to ascertain and verify all contents of recordings
• speak publically during court proceedings to seek clarification and to ensure audio is being recorded clearly
• process documentation filed in court (example: Factums, copies of exhibits)
• prepare and maintain courtroom for proceedings (example: posting dockets, providing court dates, opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• respond to inquires and provide instruction to clients via telephone, in person or via correspondence (example: email) relating to the recording of proceedings
How do I qualify? Mandatory You have:
• proficiency in English and French, at the advanced oral and advanced-minus written levels
Technical Knowledge You have:
• an understanding of courtroom decorum and protocol as well as court practices, procedures and directives to prepare and maintain the courtroom for proceedings
• the ability to acquire knowledge of legal terminology
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant sections of federal and provincial legislation defining the recording of court proceedings and the types of proceedings (example: Criminal Code of Canada and Provincial Offences Act)
• the ability to acquire knowledge and apply understanding of program services, manuals, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards pertaining court practices areas (example: criminal, civil, family and small claims court) and the recording of proceedings (example: Courtroom Procedures Manual, Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings)
Communication, Interpersonal and Client Service Skills: • you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you can work effectively in a team environment and exhibit professional and respectful behaviour and ensure the workplace is free from bias, harassment and discrimination
• you can provide professional, responsive and accessible customer and client service
• you can remain composed and provide information/instruction to a variety of stakeholders (example: judiciary, counsel, police, court staff and the general public) in a courteous and respectful manner
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• you can prepare a variety of written documents (example: routine correspondence to clients, forms and orders)
Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail: You have:
• accurate keyboarding skills to annotate court proceedings
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
Problem Solving and Judgment Skills: • you have demonstrated problem solving skills in order to work independently to identify, address, resolve or refer clients' problems and concerns
• you can maintain confidentiality and security for all recordings
• you can use tact to interrupt and clarify court proceedings and to ensure an accurate and complete recording
Computer and Digital Recording Skills: You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording equipment and related software (example: Liberty Court Recorder, Liberty Court Player) to ensure the proper recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court and resolve operational and technical issues
• proficiency with word processing and email software (example: MS Word, Outlook) to prepare correspondence and court papers as well as input and access information
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 161 Elgin St, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- 5 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 161 Elgin St, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Customer and Client Services
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Opportunities for professional and personal development and growth. Knowledge of Oracle Financial Modules as it pertains to payment processing and invoice...
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel....
The incumbent performs a variety of responsible clerical services related to admission and registration for programs and courses, student financial assistance,...
Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learing program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational institution...
We are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act....
No telephone calls please.*. Responding promptly to all requests by guests and employees and informing managers of maintenance deficiencies, low supply levels...
The House of Commons is committed to an inclusive workplace that ensures full and equal access to employment, development and advancement opportunities for...
Currently looking for full time sales associates for GUESS? Applicants must be over 18 years of age. At Ottawa Trainyards....
Applicants selected from the initial application pool will be invited to participate in a panel interview conducted by an MSC representative, a healthcare-site...