COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) Job Opening in Ottawa East, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a growing company in Ottawa East, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in December 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job opportunity for COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) placed in Ottawa East, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of December 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're interested in COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6) December 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Ottawa East, ON
Please Note: you will work zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours.
• 5 Irregular On-Call unilingual positions
• 1 Irregular On-Call bilingual position
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• ensure the effective operation of ministry approved court-recording devices
• make annotations to the court record in accordance with Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings
• ensure the security of the court recordings, safeguarding against unauthorized access or copying
• ensure quality of audio recording to ascertain and verify all contents of recordings
• speak publically during court proceedings to seek clarification and to ensure audio is being recorded clearly
• process documentation filed in court (example: Factums, copies of exhibits)
• prepare and maintain courtroom for proceedings (example: posting dockets, providing court dates, opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• respond to inquires and provide instruction to clients via telephone, in person or via correspondence (example: email) relating to the recording of proceedings
How do I qualify? Mandatory You have:
• proficiency in English and French, at the advanced oral and advanced-minus written levels
Technical Knowledge You have:
• an understanding of courtroom decorum and protocol as well as court practices, procedures and directives to prepare and maintain the courtroom for proceedings
• the ability to acquire knowledge of legal terminology
• the ability to interpret and apply relevant sections of federal and provincial legislation defining the recording of court proceedings and the types of proceedings (example: Criminal Code of Canada and Provincial Offences Act)
• the ability to acquire knowledge and apply understanding of program services, manuals, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards pertaining court practices areas (example: criminal, civil, family and small claims court) and the recording of proceedings (example: Courtroom Procedures Manual, Ministry Annotation Standards for Digital Recordings)
Communication, Interpersonal and Client Service Skills: • you have listening and comprehension skills to ensure an accurate and complete recording of proceedings
• you can work effectively in a team environment and exhibit professional and respectful behaviour and ensure the workplace is free from bias, harassment and discrimination
• you can provide professional, responsive and accessible customer and client service
• you can remain composed and provide information/instruction to a variety of stakeholders (example: judiciary, counsel, police, court staff and the general public) in a courteous and respectful manner
• you can address small to large groups of individuals in a public setting (example: opening and closing court, administering oaths)
• you can prepare a variety of written documents (example: routine correspondence to clients, forms and orders)
Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail: You have:
• accurate keyboarding skills to annotate court proceedings
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload and to respond to unforeseen demands
Problem Solving and Judgment Skills: • you have demonstrated problem solving skills in order to work independently to identify, address, resolve or refer clients' problems and concerns
• you can maintain confidentiality and security for all recordings
• you can use tact to interrupt and clarify court proceedings and to ensure an accurate and complete recording
Computer and Digital Recording Skills: You have:
• the ability to operate and troubleshoot digital recording equipment and related software (example: Liberty Court Recorder, Liberty Court Player) to ensure the proper recording and annotation of court proceedings, provide playback upon request of the court and resolve operational and technical issues
• proficiency with word processing and email software (example: MS Word, Outlook) to prepare correspondence and court papers as well as input and access information
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 161 Elgin St, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- 5 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 161 Elgin St, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Customer and Client Services
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply COURT REPORTER (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (6). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Possess and maintain valid Ontario or Quebec Provincial Driver’s License. Graduation from a relevant two (2) year College program (Police Foundations, Business...
Community & Social Services Department, Housing Services, Social Housing Branch. Social housing and other social support programs including Rent Supplement...
Plan and organize the clerical work by monitoring and prioritizing incoming messages and reports, maintaining a log of incoming/outgoing electronic files, and...
As a member of the Cultural Development and Initiatives team, the Cultural Industry Development Officer is. Positive, inclusive approach to project development...
If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online. 1 or more Casual Positions....
Le ou la commis au comptoir-postal doit assurer le service postal aux clients tout en offrant un service à la clientèle de grande qualité et en étant attentif...
Manage social media, website and IT. _The Carleton Place & District Chamber of Commerce is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the role as a permanent...
Valid driver’s license and ability to travel (up to 80% of time). Required license or certification:. Develop annual sales strategies and track industry...
Second Cup is looking for a part time energetic, responsible, dedicated individual to join our dynamic team of Baristas.The job duties would include working...