Data Migration Specialist Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Global Relay Recruitment 2017Job ID: GRED176
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com ).
Are you curious in nature, love problem-solving, and have excellent attention to detail? Do you have superb customer service skills, self-motivated, and take pride in your work? Join the Data Services team and be a Data Migration Specialist!
The Data Migration Specialist is responsible for completing client requests for services relating to the data within their archive, while ensuring a top level of customer service. We are subject matter experts in importing, exporting, and retaining data, and we specialize in regulatory audit and eDiscovery litigation support requests. We are currently looking for analytical candidates with excellent customer service and project coordination experience to join our bright, diligent and dynamic team.
- Provide exceptional first-class assistance to clients needing Data Migration or eDiscovery services
- Perform customer service and administrative duties such as answering phone and email requests, CRM data entry, and billing
- Organize, coordinate, analyze and validate data, reports and agreements
- Facilitate inter-company communication for escalated inquires (analyzing, summarizing, and proposing plan of action)
- Present solutions to our clients' needs based on Global Relay’s policies, procedures and technologies
- Must be available for the occasional evening shift to ensure 7x24x365 department coverage
- Post-secondary education; undergraduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in a dynamic office environment
- Previous customer service experience with friendly, patient, “can-do” attitude
- Previous legal, technical, and/or business communication required
- Previous administration experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to write and speak English fluently, with strong editing skills
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to exercise strong judgment, tact, and discretion, and can be entrusted with confidential information
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and able to work well in a team and with minimal supervision
- Strong technical aptitude and an appetite for continuous learning and self-improvement
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate technical/desktop trouble-shooting skills and computer proficiency
- Proven ability to self-manage and prioritize, while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in supporting software for Fortune 500 or other large companies is desirable
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
A current and valid BC Driver’s License is a requirement of this position. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to...
Pay is above average.You can work at home, while shopping, while in the mall or while in the park as long you can take calls & reply to messages....
Bachelor’s degree in business, urban studies or economics. AACI P.App designation is preferred or working towards such designation....
A high level of competency in word processing with a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm; A safe, friendly, welcoming, supportive work environment;...
From time to time and as needed provides switchboard reception coverage - opening, closing and break relief for switchboard, greeting & welcoming clients and...
Access to reliable transportation & Class 5 driver’s license. We are looking for a patient, nurturing, and supportive individual who can challenge our children...
Performs clerical and reception duties such as typing, answering the telephones, filing and receiving and distributing mail and materials....
Alternatively you can reply to this ad by telling us a bit about yourself – we enjoy a joke now and then, if you include one, your application is more likely to...
We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package, participation in annual bonus program, career and personal development opportunities,...
Have a valid Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle; Our program will assist unemployed youth who are attending, have attended or completed post...