REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) Job Opening in London, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a growing company in London, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in June 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) positioned in London, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of June 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're interested in REHABILITATION OFFICER (1), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) June 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services London, ON
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? In this position, you will:
• Provide classification, rehabilitation programs, temporary absence coordination and discharge planning services to inmates
• Seek pertinent information for the classification, temporary absence and discharge planning processes by interviewing inmates, liaising with other sources and reviewing relevant documents
• Coordinate and confirm the participation of intermittent sentenced inmates in the Intermittent Community Work Program (ICWP) as available
• Facilitate the discharge planning and community reintegration process for inmates requiring assistance
• Obtain and assess information about an inmate's return to the community by assessing the risks associated with releasing an inmate
• Determine the current requirements and discharge needs of inmates by reviewing information from all clinical and correctional sources
• Facilitate inmate orientation programs and provide advice, counselling and information pertaining to institutional adjustment and program availability
• Complete internal classification reports to determine suitable unit placement of newly admitted inmates
How do I qualify? Specialized Knowledge and Skills • You have understanding of risk and needs assessment tools, such as the Level of Service Inventory - Ontario Revision (LSI-OR) as well as temporary absence programing in order to assess an inmate's application to the program against established criteria'
• You have knowledge of community agencies and resources to assist in the rehabilitation of inmates
• You have knowledge of the justice system, court processes, and court documentation
• You are able to understand, apply, and comply with relevant legislation, regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures
Analytical, Investigative, Evaluative and Problem-Solving Skills • You are able to obtain information and determine suitability of an inmate for participation in programs based on the established criteria and make recommendations to senior administrators
• You can resolve issues and matters pertaining to inmate program participation
Communication, Interpersonal and Computer Skills • You can clearly convey information to inmates, Probation Officers, police officers, lawyers, and other correctional staff
• You can manage requests or complaints
• You are able to interpret and clarify information as well as encourage compliance and cooperation
• You are able to communicate with community agencies and provide counselling to inmates
• You can interview inmates and community contacts to obtain information and assess inmate motivation and suitability for placement in the program
Other Essential Skills • You can understand and interpret CPIC data
• Proficiency with a variety of computer software packages and database systems in order to input and retrieve inmate data as well as prepare and maintain reports/statistics
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 711 Exeter Rd, London, West Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use REHABILITATION OFFICER (1). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Required license or certification:. Looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, self-motivated person to act as primary retail sales staff and manage the daily...
Conduct inventory cycle counts, replenish stock, manage product returns, shelve products, and receive and process incoming store merchandise....
Also assists with the administration of the attendance management program, in conjunction with the departmental supervisors and Human Resources....
Engage and inspire our customers on the floor. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. Accommodations are available upon request for all...
Required license or certification:. With our own custom app, clients can book directly online and have their vehicle serviced at home or work....
Valid G license required. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for...
Answer and direct incoming phone calls as necessary. Welcome, greet customers and offer assistance as needed. The Cashier is responsible for contributing to the...
Reporting to the CHIRPP Director, the Data Clerk is responsible for the collection, verification, coding and entering of accurate and complete data into the...
No phone calls please. We are an established, private allied health & trade school with a proven history of helping graduates attain successful career positions...