Admission Assistant Job Opening in Victoria, BC - University of Victoria Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - University of Victoria is a swiftly growing business in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in November 2017 University of Victoria is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. University of Victoria opens job chance for Admission Assistant placed in Victoria, BC. This chance has been opened at the start of November 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Admission Assistant, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Admission Assistant November 2017University of Victoria Victoria, BC
Student Affairs at the University of Victoria helps to transforms students’ lives by supporting and inspiring the highest standards of student learning and success, community engagement and staff development. The Division is comprised of over 30 reporting units in six departments: Athletics and Recreation, Campus Services, Indigenous Affairs, Office of the Registrar, Student Recruitment and Global Engagement, and Student Services. The comprehensive and integrated range of services we provide make Student Affairs one of the most dynamic and diverse divisions on campus. Together, we support UVic’s vision “to be a university of choice for outstanding students, faculty, and staff from BC, Canada, and around the world.
As part of the larger Division of Student Affairs at the University of Victoria, the Office of the Registrar (OREG) places students at the centre of its operations in the provision of core institutional services and systems. The services offered by OREG include undergraduate and graduate admission, registration, course/exam scheduling, academic records management, curriculum/calendar, scholarships/financial aid and graduation. The Office of the Registrar collaborates closely with academic and administrative partners as well as external stakeholders to provide outstanding service and support to students, parents, faculty and staff.
Undergraduate Admissions processes, evaluates and conveys admission decisions to approximately 18,000 applicants annually in an effort to achieve university enrollment targets and support Objective #2 of the University’s strategic plan to ‘recruit and retain outstanding students’ to the University of Victoria.
Reporting to an admission officer, the Admission Assistant is an important member of the Undergraduate Admissions team and often the first point of contact for new applicants to the University of Victoria throughout the annual admission cycle. Each admission assistant works within a sub-team, consisting of one or two admission assistants and an admission officer that manage a portfolio of new applicants to the university.
Responsibilities include examining and editing applications; monitoring applicant documents and pre-screening files; determining transfer credit; maintaining student record data in the student information system; as well as monitoring and responding to enquiries from applicants, parents, counsellors, agents and on-campus departments.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of technical proficiency in working with computer systems, programs and data files such as SharePoint, and Adobe Pro
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, quality control and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to function in a highly demanding, multi-tasking environment.
- Highly organized and able to manage high volumes of time-sensitive information accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex admission requirements
- Ability to maintain confidential, highly-sensitive and private information.
- Team-oriented and student-centred, with a genuine interest in the student experience.
- Commitment to UVic's strategic goals regarding student recruitment and retention.
- High school graduation; one or more years of post-secondary education preferred.
- Familiarity with complex information systems such as such as financial, customer accounts or student records systems (e.g. Banner, FAST, TCS(Transfer Credit Sytem), and BRM (or other CRM product).
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic calendar including admission requirements would be an asset.
- Understanding of the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy (FOIP) as it relates to student records, as well as the ethical and confidentiality guidelines of the institution.
- 3 or more years working in an administrative or clerical position in a high-volume, customer-oriented organization, including experience with large and complex databases such as financial, customer accounts or student records systems
- Experience gained in a post-secondary (preferably a registrar’s/admission office) is preferred.
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact Kam Cheema, HR Programs and Project Manager, at [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
Additional Information 997889-OREG-2017- UPD FOR JD-Admission Assistant PB8
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Admission Assistant. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Occupational First Aid Level 3 certification and related first aid experience in an industrial and. Instructor certification for Occupational First Aid...
Current Standard First Aid and CPR – C. Ensuring effective program instruction in a fun and safe manner for participants....
Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls....
Applicants should have a driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Applicants should have experience in construction with consideration given to...
Located downtown, the stylish and relaxed atmosphere mixed with friendly and outgoing staff make it a perfect place to have business meetings or visit with...
This position sets up cash register with cash float and current date; Receives cash payment and makes change for food and drink purchases by customers;...
The accurate picking and preparation for outgoing orders. Maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment. Process all required paperwork and maintain accurate...
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Facilities, the Coordinator, Facilities is responsible for the administration and delivery of library facility...