Admission Assistant Job Opening in Victoria, BC - University of Victoria Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - University of Victoria is an evergrowing company in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in December 2017 University of Victoria is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. University of Victoria opens job chance of Admission Assistant placed in Victoria, BC. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Admission Assistant, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Admission Assistant December 2017University of Victoria Victoria, BC
Student Affairs at the University of Victoria helps to transforms students’ lives by supporting and inspiring the highest standards of student learning and success, community engagement and staff development. The Division is comprised of over 30 reporting units in six departments: Athletics and Recreation, Campus Services, Indigenous Affairs, Office of the Registrar, Student Recruitment and Global Engagement, and Student Services. The comprehensive and integrated range of services we provide make Student Affairs one of the most dynamic and diverse divisions on campus. Together, we support UVic’s vision “to be a university of choice for outstanding students, faculty, and staff from BC, Canada, and around the world.
As part of the larger Division of Student Affairs at the University of Victoria, the Office of the Registrar (OREG) places students at the centre of its operations in the provision of core institutional services and systems. The services offered by OREG include undergraduate and graduate admission, registration, course/exam scheduling, academic records management, curriculum/calendar, scholarships/financial aid and graduation. The Office of the Registrar collaborates closely with academic and administrative partners as well as external stakeholders to provide outstanding service and support to students, parents, faculty and staff.
Undergraduate Admissions processes, evaluates and conveys admission decisions to approximately 18,000 applicants annually in an effort to achieve university enrollment targets and support Objective #2 of the University’s strategic plan to ‘recruit and retain outstanding students’ to the University of Victoria.
Reporting to an admission officer, the Admission Assistant is an important member of the Undergraduate Admissions team and often the first point of contact for new applicants to the University of Victoria throughout the annual admission cycle. Each admission assistant works within a sub-team, consisting of one or two admission assistants and an admission officer that manage a portfolio of new applicants to the university.
Responsibilities include examining and editing applications; monitoring applicant documents and pre-screening files; determining transfer credit; maintaining student record data in the student information system; as well as monitoring and responding to enquiries from applicants, parents, counsellors, agents and on-campus departments.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of technical proficiency in working with computer systems, programs and data files such as SharePoint, and Adobe Pro
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, quality control and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to function in a highly demanding, multi-tasking environment.
- Highly organized and able to manage high volumes of time-sensitive information accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex admission requirements
- Ability to maintain confidential, highly-sensitive and private information.
- Team-oriented and student-centred, with a genuine interest in the student experience.
- Commitment to UVic's strategic goals regarding student recruitment and retention.
- High school graduation; one or more years of post-secondary education preferred.
- Familiarity with complex information systems such as such as financial, customer accounts or student records systems (e.g. Banner, FAST, TCS(Transfer Credit Sytem), and BRM (or other CRM product).
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic calendar including admission requirements would be an asset.
- Understanding of the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy (FOIP) as it relates to student records, as well as the ethical and confidentiality guidelines of the institution.
- 3 or more years working in an administrative or clerical position in a high-volume, customer-oriented organization, including experience with large and complex databases such as financial, customer accounts or student records systems
- Experience gained in a post-secondary (preferably a registrar’s/admission office) is preferred.
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact Kam Cheema, HR Programs and Project Manager, at [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
Additional Information 997889-OREG-2017- UPD FOR JD-Admission Assistant PB8
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Admission Assistant. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
We are recruiting for the following position: SERVER - 10 Acres Commons - highly personable / sales oriented / opening & closing responsibilities / reliable ...
The resort and community are known for their adventurous coastal lifestyle, friendly hospitality, and world-class natural landscapes....
Under direction of the departmental secretary, acts as receptionist and resource person, answering enquiries from students, faculty and general public....
Being the liaison for volunteers (both merchandise and program distribution volunteers) at the concerts. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Box Office...
Assist UPS Drivers in delivering packages and providing customer service near or around their local areas....
Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email [email protected] ....
High school Diploma or equivalent Minimum 19 years of age 2 Years customer service experience Basic First Aid (or higher) CPR Level C certificate 40 wpm typing...
Based in the Faculties of Fine Arts and Humanities at the University of Victoria, the Research, Creative Activity, and Scholarship Coordinator will have an...