Concierge Job Opening in Edmonton, AB - Christenson Communities Recruitment 2017
Christenson Communities is dedicated to providing engaging lifestyles in the "Age in Place" seniors campus and has been redefining what it means to age in today's society. With eight luxury facilities in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert and Lacombe with over 1,000 suites, including the award winning Devonshire Village, Citadel Village, Glastonbury Village, and Royal Oak Village, Christenson Communities is the leader in Assisted Living.
It takes a special kind of person to work with Christenson Communities. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time concierge to join our team. This is a permanent position based out of our downtown Edmonton location, Our Parents' Home.
The Concierge provides front line customer service to residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, investors, corporate office and other service providers at Our Parents' Home. This position has a large public relations focus with both residents and visitors, and has strong customer satisfaction accountability to the Our Parents' Home residents.
This position ensures the promotion and provision of the highest quality of service to residents and ensures compliance with established standards. The Concierge is also responsible for coordination of refurbished suites and managing supplier relations and maintenance of the establishment. This position will address and deal with resident complaints and ensure that all staff are maintaining a level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
The Concierge runs the site office and reception area, and performs a wide variety of administrative duties, including unit rentals and life lease (re-leases only), collecting arrears and general office tasks.
Areas of Accountability
Reception, Communications & Public Relations
- Welcome and greet residents and visitors, answer questions and direct people to the appropriate locations
- Answer telephones, take messages and provide information
- Provide information about services and amenities available in the building, the neighborhood, and community
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all Christenson Communities campuses (i.e., locations, types, building information, etc.)
- Inform public, residents, their families, prospective residents, and employees of the Urban Village and Aging in Place Campus concepts, community locations, services available, policies and procedures, and strategic corporate alliances and government programs (e.g. Alberta Health Services).
- Assist with sales, as required
- Tour prospective residents, as necessary, and provide applicable support and information
- Ensure residents receive clear, regular and effective communications
- Welcome packages
- Family Liaison
- Daily living assistance & inform residents
Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Handle emergencies
- Respond to emergency calls from residents, as required:
- Property related emergencies
- Health related emergencies – phone 911 * Provide support to family, as required
- Complete detailed Incident Report and forward to head office
- Respond to alarms, call and update external security company when alarm panel goes off, meet with Fire Department regarding alarm status, silence alarm and reset panel
- Stay with resident until ambulance arrives, assist emergency medical technicians, as required
- Keep current regarding construction scheduling in order to provide information to residents Move Coordination
- Complete move in/out inspection reports
- Answer all questions regarding moves
- Assess cleanliness and/or damage of suite upon receipt of move out notice and advise head office
- Post notices on all levels regarding day & time of moves
- Reserve elevator & install elevator pads
- POS: invoice management
- Coordinate and book Housekeeping
- Coordinate work for refurbishment of suite
- Coordinate maintenance repairs; sign off on completed suite
- Release keys, when necessary
- Move Outs
- Provide resident with move out suite cleaning list
- Arrange for cleaner and carpet cleaning, if requested * Move Ins
- Visit new resident with information package and answer any questions/concerns
- Review Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Ensure new resident completes Emergency Access Form & Emergency Medical Information sheet
General Administration & Reporting
- Follow-up and collect arrears from residents on a monthly basis
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database &/or presentation software to prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents. Send & receive faxes, emails, couriers, etc.
- Maintain & update:
- Comprehensive resident files (per unit), including maintenance history
- Parking stall record, communicate to concierge
- Resident names in front entrances, communicate to concierge
- Research information on the Internet, prepare Intranet documents and assist in the maintenance of company websites
- Perform other clerical duties such as compiling and recording data, maintaining files and inventories, operating office equipment, sorting, opening & distributing mail
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment
- Customer Statements – accept payments, review statements with residents (when needed), make corrections/adjustments when necessary, forward to head office
- Recordkeeping & File Maintenance
- Develop & maintain a records management system, including classifying and coding electronic and hardcopy files
- Create, organize, and update all files, tally records, etc.
- Booking, tracking & reporting (site-related)
- Guest Suite rentals, games room, boardroom & pub reservations, etc.
- Daily meal tally (forward monthly to head office for billing)
- Meal package purchases, forward monthly to head office with payment
- Meal service &/or operating cost P.A.P.’s applications
- Time sheets
The core competencies of the Concierge role consist of the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of office administration
Including minimum 5 years experience in:
- Resident management
Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a supervisory/management capacity
Including practical application/experience with the following:
- Public relations / relationship management
- Supervising the work of others
Proficiency in the following:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and internet
- Outstanding customer service focus
- Pleasant, friendly, approachable and patient
- Genuine interest in people and in helping others
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Able to communicate well with a wide variety of people, including good listening skills
- Organizational skills (ability to multi-task & prioritize)
- Positive attitude
- Tact and diplomacy
- Hospitality Industry (hotel)
- Geriatric experience
- Property management
- Life lease rentals
- Consultative sales
* Christenson Communities offers a comprehensive compensation program
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Concierge: 1 year
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
As the successful candidate, you have demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining internal and external customer relationships as well as creating and...
Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent). Must be eligible to be recognized as a Certified Engineering Technologist with ASET....
Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C is a requirement of this position. Assist in the maintenance of artifacts and program supplies....
The Porter is responsible for the movement of patients, supplies and materials & waste throughout the hospital and/or maintaining a clean, safe and stocked...
On-the-job-training is provided for this position, including warehouse material handling equipment certification....
This downtime can be spent watching TV, making calls, or browsing the internet. Personal hygiene, bowel and shower routines, dressing and undressing, meal prep,...
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed....
(EBFA) is the non-profit organization that administers the Pension, Health and Welfare, and Education benefits on behalf of the International Brotherhood of...
Perform administrative duties, including, but not limited to, filing, mailing, and scanning. Research and investigate issues related to Pension applications and...