Concierge Job Opening in Edmonton, AB - Christenson Communities Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Christenson Communities is an evergrowing company in Edmonton, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in February 2017 Christenson Communities is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Christenson Communities opens job chance of Concierge positioned in Edmonton, AB. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of February 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering Concierge, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Concierge February 2017Christenson Communities Edmonton, AB
Christenson Communities is dedicated to providing engaging lifestyles in the "Age in Place" seniors campus and has been redefining what it means to age in today's society. With eight luxury facilities in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert and Lacombe with over 1,000 suites, including the award winning Devonshire Village, Citadel Village, Glastonbury Village, and Royal Oak Village, Christenson Communities is the leader in Assisted Living.
It takes a special kind of person to work with Christenson Communities. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time concierge to join our team. This is a permanent position based out of our downtown Edmonton location, Our Parents' Home.
The Concierge provides front line customer service to residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, investors, corporate office and other service providers at Our Parents' Home. This position has a large public relations focus with both residents and visitors, and has strong customer satisfaction accountability to the Our Parents' Home residents.
This position ensures the promotion and provision of the highest quality of service to residents and ensures compliance with established standards. The Concierge is also responsible for coordination of refurbished suites and managing supplier relations and maintenance of the establishment. This position will address and deal with resident complaints and ensure that all staff are maintaining a level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
The Concierge runs the site office and reception area, and performs a wide variety of administrative duties, including unit rentals and life lease (re-leases only), collecting arrears and general office tasks.
Areas of Accountability
Reception, Communications & Public Relations
- Welcome and greet residents and visitors, answer questions and direct people to the appropriate locations
- Answer telephones, take messages and provide information
- Provide information about services and amenities available in the building, the neighborhood, and community
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all Christenson Communities campuses (i.e., locations, types, building information, etc.)
- Inform public, residents, their families, prospective residents, and employees of the Urban Village and Aging in Place Campus concepts, community locations, services available, policies and procedures, and strategic corporate alliances and government programs (e.g. Alberta Health Services).
- Assist with sales, as required
- Tour prospective residents, as necessary, and provide applicable support and information
- Ensure residents receive clear, regular and effective communications
- Welcome packages
- Family Liaison
- Daily living assistance & inform residents
Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Handle emergencies
- Respond to emergency calls from residents, as required:
- Property related emergencies
- Health related emergencies – phone 911 * Provide support to family, as required
- Complete detailed Incident Report and forward to head office
- Respond to alarms, call and update external security company when alarm panel goes off, meet with Fire Department regarding alarm status, silence alarm and reset panel
- Stay with resident until ambulance arrives, assist emergency medical technicians, as required
- Keep current regarding construction scheduling in order to provide information to residents Move Coordination
- Complete move in/out inspection reports
- Answer all questions regarding moves
- Assess cleanliness and/or damage of suite upon receipt of move out notice and advise head office
- Post notices on all levels regarding day & time of moves
- Reserve elevator & install elevator pads
- POS: invoice management
- Coordinate and book Housekeeping
- Coordinate work for refurbishment of suite
- Coordinate maintenance repairs; sign off on completed suite
- Release keys, when necessary
- Move Outs
- Provide resident with move out suite cleaning list
- Arrange for cleaner and carpet cleaning, if requested * Move Ins
- Visit new resident with information package and answer any questions/concerns
- Review Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Ensure new resident completes Emergency Access Form & Emergency Medical Information sheet
General Administration & Reporting
- Follow-up and collect arrears from residents on a monthly basis
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database &/or presentation software to prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents. Send & receive faxes, emails, couriers, etc.
- Maintain & update:
- Comprehensive resident files (per unit), including maintenance history
- Parking stall record, communicate to concierge
- Resident names in front entrances, communicate to concierge
- Research information on the Internet, prepare Intranet documents and assist in the maintenance of company websites
- Perform other clerical duties such as compiling and recording data, maintaining files and inventories, operating office equipment, sorting, opening & distributing mail
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment
- Customer Statements – accept payments, review statements with residents (when needed), make corrections/adjustments when necessary, forward to head office
- Recordkeeping & File Maintenance
- Develop & maintain a records management system, including classifying and coding electronic and hardcopy files
- Create, organize, and update all files, tally records, etc.
- Booking, tracking & reporting (site-related)
- Guest Suite rentals, games room, boardroom & pub reservations, etc.
- Daily meal tally (forward monthly to head office for billing)
- Meal package purchases, forward monthly to head office with payment
- Meal service &/or operating cost P.A.P.’s applications
- Time sheets
The core competencies of the Concierge role consist of the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of office administration
Including minimum 5 years experience in:
- Resident management
Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a supervisory/management capacity
Including practical application/experience with the following:
- Public relations / relationship management
- Supervising the work of others
Proficiency in the following:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and internet
- Outstanding customer service focus
- Pleasant, friendly, approachable and patient
- Genuine interest in people and in helping others
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Able to communicate well with a wide variety of people, including good listening skills
- Organizational skills (ability to multi-task & prioritize)
- Positive attitude
- Tact and diplomacy
- Hospitality Industry (hotel)
- Geriatric experience
- Property management
- Life lease rentals
- Consultative sales
* Christenson Communities offers a comprehensive compensation program
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Concierge: 1 year
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Concierge. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract. Performs airline ticketing counter and gate service functions for airline customers...
Valid driver’s license, ability and willingness to travel if required. Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities....
No telephone calls please. High School certificate or completion of GED. Horizon North provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from...
Must have a full class 5 drivers license- clean drivers abstract required. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License....
Our Pages are versatile, flexible people who want to make a difference in the community. They ensure that our materials are on the shelves for customers and...
Valid Driver's License and Clean Driver's Abstract Required. Required license or certification:. No phone calls or faxes please.*....
Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record. Ensure the accurate and valid receipt of materials physically received during delivery....
The position of Junior Wireline Technician includes, but is not limited to the assembly and function testing of finished product and repair of used equipment....