Research Engineer Job Opening in London, ON - BIOLINE CORPORATION Recruitment 2017
Bioline Corporation is a privately owned Canadian technology development company. The company has established a prototype processing facility in Alvinston, ON as part of our plans to commercialize the Bioline process. The BioLiNE process produces high value plant and soil health products from low‐cost, readily available agricultural residues. We are seeking a highly motivated Researcher to join and strengthen our research team as we commercialize the BioLiNE process.
The Research Engineer will work in tandem with the management team and other researchers to start operation of the prototype processing facility. The Research Engineer will have the primary responsibility of transferring/translating lab results and research findings to the scaled-up prototype. The Research Engineer will be responsible for the operation of the prototype facility, and together with the other researchers and plant operators on the team will conduct all related R&D and analysis work. The team will aims to improve the performance of the process, and validate various technological, and product quality performance metrics. The Research Engineer will be responsible for the development of various operating documents, procedures, and reports.
In addition to the technical work it is expected that the candidate would make significant contribution to the development of marketing content, web content, technical communications, data sheets, bulletins, and help in the development of presentations.
- Completion of the construction of the prototype per design criteria, and input on improvement to design, process flow, and other technological attributes of the process based on operational data collected from operating the prototype processing facility;
- Supervise a team of operators to run the prototype processing facility;
- Collection of data, samples and observations on various aspects of operation;
- Modify and experiment with varying processing conditions and configurations to improve product quality, yield, and/or other processing improvements;
- Engineering design research, calculations and modifications to overcome issues/challenges with operation of prototype or sample properties;
- Help other researchers in planning and carrying out lab experiments, and analyzing results;
- Development and refinement of quality control systems and protocols;
- Update and maintain documentation for prototype plant operations;
- Contributions to direction and improvement of targets for the R&D team;
- Provide technical sales support, and help develop promotional content; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Minimum);
- Minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in a processing plant environment;
- Fundamental understanding of various unit operations, process engineering, and chemistry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated high degree of computer literacy and proficiency;
- Strong leadership skills developed through previous experience in leadership positions;
- Self‐motivated individual with critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Highly organized individual with great planning and time management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team; and
- Capable of handling the pressures of a fast‐paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License G
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Processing of accounts payable, the collection and processing of deposits, the maintenance of accounts receivable, generating invoices, the review and...
Our customers can be male, female, straight, gay, trans, disabled, come from various religious backgrounds and ethnicities, etc. We are a store for everyone and...
Process invoices, including receipt of invoices via mail, email, inter-office mail and payment via credit card or cheque and processing in our accounting...
Store set up, customer service, cash handling, general cleaning and sanitation. The successful applicant must be outgoing and friendly, able to....
The Assistant, Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education provided administrative and clerical support for the programs and staff in the Adult and Continuing...
No degree, certificate or diploma Experience. Compile worksheets and specifications of orders; Create, investigate, track and complete work orders Security and...
Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person...
_*The London Public Library will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes upon request consistent with the Ontario...
Desire more hours? Safety first approach to work. A GREAT attendance record and glowing references. Part time employees are eligible to apply for full time...