Process Safety Engineer Job Opening in Christina Lake, AB - Cenovus Energy Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Cenovus Energy is a quickly growing business in Christina Lake, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Cenovus Energy is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Cenovus Energy opens job chance for Process Safety Engineer positioned in Christina Lake, AB. This opportunity has been opened at the start of December 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Process Safety Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Process Safety Engineer December 2017Cenovus Energy Christina Lake, AB
Reporting to Process Safety Senior Staff, you will be instrumental in ensuring safe operations at the Christina Lake asset. This role requires mentoring engineering, maintenance and operations decision makers as well as advocating for Process Safety practices and the Cenovus Operating Management System. The successful candidate will be approachable, composed, and recognized as having technical and personal integrity. He or she will have a strong desire to develop others and influence the continuing drive toward business excellence.
Work Environment: This is a full time employee position that is camp based, supporting our operations at Christina Lake and working a shift of 7 days on 7 days off. Christina Lake site have full service camp facilities. Depending on your place of residence and your shift rotation, bus and/or air transportation to/from site is offered from designated departure points in select locations. Christina Lake is serviced by flight Hubs in Calgary and Edmonton as well as bus transportation to the sites from La Corey, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, and Cold Lake, AB. Modes of transportation and/or schedules may change from time to time in accordance with changing operating needs and transportation availability.
- Improve operational risk assessment and management competencies
- Participate in operational risk assessment as a method for improving quality and effectiveness of the operational risk process
- Participate in process safety incident investigations and other significant incidents involving drilling and processing facilities
- Support site execution PSSR process for capital project execution at site
- Support site execution of MOC processes and identify improvement opportunities and efficiencies
- Liaise with site and Calgary based H&S team
- Liaise with Facility Integrity, Maintenance & Reliability & Process Engineering teams
- Steward to closure all site COMS & PSM audit findings
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- APEGGA Professional Engineer (process or chemical) with 8 or more years of related experience
- Thermal heavy oil experience
- Familiar with the Alberta OH&S Cod and Safety Codes Act, Alberta pressure equipment and piping codes, and Cenovus PEIMS commitments
- Able to interpret and apply Cenovus Process Safety Management elements
- Able to interpret and apply process safety and other technical regulations, codes and standards
- Able to lead Process Hazard Analysis studies (risk assessment, what-ifs), previous participation experience in HAZOP
- Able to lead and/or facilitate incident investigations teams
- Able to produce and summarize an event chart, identify root causes of incidents and develop corrective action plans
- Familiar with PSSR and MOC processes, and able to apply Cenovus requirements
- Well developed organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with plant operations, experience with commissioning and start-ups an asset
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Process Safety Engineer. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Valid Driver's license and clean driver’s abstract is required. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License....
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience. 5 years or more. How to apply....
Clear understanding of Commercial Steel Stud and Drywall Installation. Kelco Drywall is seeking motivated commercial Steel Stud Framing and Drywall Crews for a...
Required license or certification:. No Phone calls please. Must be able to work with our Rope Rescue Teams and be a valued asset to complement our Teams....
A high school diploma and valid driver's license are required. Responsibilities will include the maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical,...
A valid Class 1 Driver's License with Air Brakes. Class 1 Drivers License. H2S Alive, First Aid, PST or CSTS. Current Commercial Driver's abstract (within last...
Valid driver’s license is an asset. Our team is seeking Journeyman & Apprentices Insulators for our Project at Meg Energy, Conklin area with the following:....
Valid drivers licence and clean abstract. Class 5 Drivers License. Ability to utilize Word processing and Spreadsheet software....
Class 1 Drivers License. H2S, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance Level 2, Fall Protection, First Aid and Elevated Work Platform, zoom boom and fork lift...
Valid government issued photo ID and CSTS-09, Fall Protection, and H2S Alive tickets. Northern's goal is to provide customers with quality products and...