Process Safety Engineer Job Opening in Christina Lake, AB - Cenovus Energy Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Cenovus Energy is an evergrowing company in Christina Lake, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in January 2017 Cenovus Energy is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Cenovus Energy opens job opportunity for Process Safety Engineer positioned in Christina Lake, AB. This chance has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Process Safety Engineer, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Process Safety Engineer January 2017Cenovus Energy Christina Lake, AB
Reporting to Process Safety Senior Staff, you will be instrumental in ensuring safe operations at the Christina Lake asset. This role requires mentoring engineering, maintenance and operations decision makers as well as advocating for Process Safety practices and the Cenovus Operating Management System. The successful candidate will be approachable, composed, and recognized as having technical and personal integrity. He or she will have a strong desire to develop others and influence the continuing drive toward business excellence.
Work Environment: This is a full time employee position that is camp based, supporting our operations at Christina Lake and working a shift of 7 days on 7 days off. Christina Lake site have full service camp facilities. Depending on your place of residence and your shift rotation, bus and/or air transportation to/from site is offered from designated departure points in select locations. Christina Lake is serviced by flight Hubs in Calgary and Edmonton as well as bus transportation to the sites from La Corey, Lac La Biche, Bonnyville, and Cold Lake, AB. Modes of transportation and/or schedules may change from time to time in accordance with changing operating needs and transportation availability.
- Improve operational risk assessment and management competencies
- Participate in operational risk assessment as a method for improving quality and effectiveness of the operational risk process
- Participate in process safety incident investigations and other significant incidents involving drilling and processing facilities
- Support site execution PSSR process for capital project execution at site
- Support site execution of MOC processes and identify improvement opportunities and efficiencies
- Liaise with site and Calgary based H&S team
- Liaise with Facility Integrity, Maintenance & Reliability & Process Engineering teams
- Steward to closure all site COMS & PSM audit findings
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- APEGGA Professional Engineer (process or chemical) with 8 or more years of related experience
- Thermal heavy oil experience
- Familiar with the Alberta OH&S Cod and Safety Codes Act, Alberta pressure equipment and piping codes, and Cenovus PEIMS commitments
- Able to interpret and apply Cenovus Process Safety Management elements
- Able to interpret and apply process safety and other technical regulations, codes and standards
- Able to lead Process Hazard Analysis studies (risk assessment, what-ifs), previous participation experience in HAZOP
- Able to lead and/or facilitate incident investigations teams
- Able to produce and summarize an event chart, identify root causes of incidents and develop corrective action plans
- Familiar with PSSR and MOC processes, and able to apply Cenovus requirements
- Well developed organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with plant operations, experience with commissioning and start-ups an asset
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply Process Safety Engineer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
First aid, H2S Alive, TDG, CSTS, PCST, and Ground Disturbance Level 2 are required tickets - Valid Driver's license and clean driver’s abstract is required -...
Assist in the development and implementation of new strategies for overall warehouse process improvements ensuring consistency and overall business improvement....
Valid Driver's license and clean driver’s abstract is required. First aid, H2S Alive, TDG, CSTS w/ WHMIS , PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), Ground...
Class 1 license with a clean driver’s abstract (no more than 4 demerits). Valid CSTS, TDG, H2S Alive and fall arrest ticket....
Ensures adherence to all company health, safety, environmental standards, policies and procedures and maintains on-going knowledge of local, provincial and...
A valid driver’s license and 3 year driver’s abstract. Journeyman PipefitterTicket, CSTS, H2S Alive, Standard 1st Aid, Gas Testing....
A valid driver’s license and 3 year driver’s abstract. Journeyman Millwright Ticket, CSTS, H2S Alive, Standard 1st Aid. Living Out Allowance Amount:....
Must have valid tickets TDG, FIRST AID, CSTS, H2S. Required license or certification:. Class 1 Drivers License....
A valid Class 1 Driver's License,. Required license or certification:. Class 1Driver's License. H2S Alive, First Aid, OSSA, PST or CSTS....