QA/QC Job Opening in Scarborough, ON - Powerline Group Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Powerline Group is a rapidly growing business in Scarborough, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in November 2017 Powerline Group is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Powerline Group opens job chance for QA/QC put in Scarborough, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about QA/QC, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
QA/QC November 2017Powerline Group Scarborough, ON
Powerline Group Ltd. is a privately owned infrastructure company with a proud history established in 1990. We focus on three main operations, Electrical, Civil and Engineering & Design. Powerline Group Ltd. provides quality solutions to public utilities, municipalities and developers, as well as to industrial, national and international manufacturing companies across the GTA.
Department: Engineering & Design
Reports to: Engineering & Design Manager
Location: Toronto (Scarborough), ON, Canada
Job Type: Full-Time, Days
Start Date: Immediately
The QA/QC & Design Support Function at Powerline Group Ltd. oversees the work processes in the Engineering department for civil and electrical designs. This role involves a high level of supervision, facilitation and coordination responsibilities, managing and guiding the designers, providing ongoing support to these individuals and reviewing design plans to ensure accuracy and thoroughness. The QA/QC & Design Support Function participates actively and maintains ongoing relations with designers, clients and management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A College Diploma ( minimum ) or University Degree in civil, industrial or electrical engineering or any other related discipline is required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience QA/QC, Design Engineer or other related role in a similar industry ( construction/utilities ) required
- Preference will be given to those candidates’ with the Professional Engineers Ontario (P.Eng.) designation
- Intermediate knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Electrical Utility Safety Association rules (EUSR) required
- Experience working in ISO and COR certified environments is considered an asset
- Plan and design layouts and facilities
- Supervise, coach and mentor civil and electrical designers
- Responsible for review of designs in order to ensure accuracy and thoroughness and appropriate Quality Control and Quality Assurance levels prior to release
- Provide guidance & recommendations to designers on specific design challenges
- Interact with internal / external contacts as necessary for design details
- Contribute to site investigation for data gathering to complete designs – mainly data related to civil parts of design
- Ensure all construction design plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Superior leadership
- Coaching and developing staff
- Conflict resolution
- Evaluation and analysis
- Goal oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Prioritizes and meets deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Takes Initiative
- Problem solving and decision making
- Crisis Management and contingency strategies
Powerline Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely appreciate all responses and thank you in advance for applying. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scarborough, ON
- Design Engineering: 5 years
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply QA/QC. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The three plants employ more than 8,000 workers and produce more than 579,000 vehicles each year. Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s...
We are hiring part-time Driver Helpers to work out of the *Scarborough*. You will be working around your home. No Driving Necessary!*....
Answer the phone and restart incoming calls to the appropriate person. Processing and shipping of online orders. Open and sort incoming mail and mail;...
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. At Scotiabank, we offer a world class culture based on recognition, development...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code,...
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt...
Stocking & Replenishing customer orders in the Order Assembly area. Warehouse experience (Asset). Read and interpret numbers and instructions....
You will be providing great customer service to our clients from the comforts of your home. We are looking for a Customer Service Rep....
A minimum of an undergraduate degree is required, while a post-graduate degree or certificate is preferred. The Administrative, Communications and Constituency...