SOCIAL WORKER (7) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in August 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for SOCIAL WORKER (7) put in Toronto, ON. This option has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in SOCIAL WORKER (7), please read about the terms and conditions below.
SOCIAL WORKER (7) August 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking:
• 1 Social Worker at the Maplehurst Correctional Complex (Milton)
• 5 Social Workers at the Toronto East Detention Centre (Scarborough)
• 1 Social Workers at the Toronto South Detention Centre (Etobicoke)
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit package plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? As a Social Worker, you will:
• Formulate discharge plans in full collaboration with professionals and inmates
• Provide crisis intervention services
• Prepare and maintain assessments and statistical reports
• Develop and operate in-house rehabilitative programs and Accredited Core Rehabilitative Programs
• Participate in social work research activities and evaluate treatment programs and services
• Provide social work consultation and training to staff
How do I qualify? Mandatory Requirement • You are currently registered as a Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
Specialized Knowledge and Experience • You have in-depth knowledge of and experience with theories, principles and practices of social work normally acquired through a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Master of Social Work (MSW)
• You are able to develop rehabilitative program/treatment plans as well as conduct individual/group therapy and crisis intervention
• You have knowledge of risk assessment tools and rehabilitative/treatment placement options in order to recommend appropriate inmate classification placement
• You have knowledge of community support services to assist inmates in formulating reintegration plans
• You are able to understand and apply relevant legislation (such as the Ministry of Correctional Services Act and Social Work and Social Service Work Act, etc.) as well as operational policies and procedures
Communication and Interpersonal Skills • You can liaise with clients, correctional staff, and community support services
• You are able to engage, motivate, counsel and advocate on behalf of inmates within the institution or community
• You have advanced written communication skills to prepare case notes, assessments, progress and statistical reports
• You can work effectively within a multi-disciplinary setting, including outside agencies
• You have demonstrated tact, discretion and sensitivity
Analytical, Assessment, and Problem-Solving Skills • You are able to gather and compile data from multiple sources to identify inmate needs as well as develop/modify rehabilitative, treatment, and case management plans
• You can assess inmates in crisis and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention
Other Essential Skills • You have organizational skills to manage conflicting priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain adequate records
• You are proficient with computers and related software and database systems to input and retrieve inmate data, prepare reports, and maintain case documentation and statistics
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 661 Martin St, Milton, Central Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
- 5 Permanent, 55 Civic Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
- 1 Permanent, 160 Horner Ave, Etobicoke, Toronto Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Health and Social Services
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply SOCIAL WORKER (7). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The incumbent will be responsible of FIT reservation requests for our customers, requests for information on products, passenger support, and treatment of some...
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and....
The junior business analyst uses specific methods and techniques for drawing forth requirements from stakeholders, for analyzing and refining requirements, and...
You need to be able to work cheerfully with a team, sit or stand to do your assembly tasks for extended periods, occasionally lift 50lbs, and of course work in...
Giving feedback for the orders. Zara Home is an international brand present in 45 countries with over 400 stores around the world....
Under the direction of the Manager, Studio & Group Learning, the Children & Youth Course Instructor will conduct art courses while demonstrating and discussing...
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the...
Making smoothies, juices, wraps, and Paninis - providing excellent and efficient customer service - receiving and fulfilling customer orders - POS and cash...
Un excellent service à la clientèle consiste selon vous à accueillir chaleureusement les gens, à répondre à leurs besoins avec empressement, efficacité et en...