RECREATION OFFICER (8) Job Opening in Ottawa East, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a growing company in Ottawa East, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in March 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job chance for RECREATION OFFICER (8) placed in Ottawa East, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of March 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering RECREATION OFFICER (8), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
RECREATION OFFICER (8) March 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Ottawa East, ON
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? • Participate in the planning, design, implementation and facilitation of institutional recreation programs and special events
• Recommend changes to improve existing programs and events
• Provide instruction including lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in recreational activities
• Arrange for facilities, equipment, and materials required for recreational activities
• Ensure security, control, and safety standards are maintained while organizing, coordinating, leading and implementing individual or group recreational activities
• Provide for the care, custody and control of inmates including responding to emergency situations
• Prepare incident/occurrence, accident and injury, and any other applicable reports
How do I qualify? Mandatory • You currently possess (or able to obtain) First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Heartsaver Certificates
Specialized Knowledge and Experience • You have knowledge of theories, principles and rules of recreation activities such as physical education, kinesiology, or recreation leadership in order to instruct and guide participants in physical, social, cultural and/or educational recreation activities
• You have experience designing, planning, evaluating, and recommending changes to recreation programs and special events
• You have knowledge of practical correctional techniques to perform supervision during recreation activities
• You are able to understand, apply, and comply with policies and procedures related to institution security in order to ensure custody, control, and safety of participating inmates during recreation activities and special events
• You have understanding of relevant legislation such as Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
Excellent Communication Skills • You can provide clear instruction to inmates and convey information
• You have writing skills to complete routine reports
• You have experience in using counseling and influencing skills as well as verbal defusing techniques in conflict situations and altercations
Analytical and Evaluation Skills • You are able to handle disruptive inmate behaviour as well as safety and security issues
• You can participate in the planning and design of recreational programs, implementation, and selection of required equipment/material
• You have mathematical and grammatical fluency to complete required reports and maintain accurate inmate counts and equipment inventory
Other Essential Skills • You have organizational skills to plan own activities and the activities of inmates engaged in recreational activities
• You can ensure resources and facilities are available both inside and outside the Institution
• You have basic proficiency with computer software and keyboarding in order to prepare schedules, reports, and email correspondence
Additional Information: Address:
- 8 Permanent, 2244 Innes Rd, Ottawa, East Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply RECREATION OFFICER (8). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Typing skills, speed of 45 words per minute with high accuracy. To get more people living with mental illness into recovery faster....
The incumbent is the subject matter expert for admissions and registration to the College Community which aids in the ongoing success of the College....
You greet guests, answer telephone calls, and provide general administrative support to the EVP Office. Maintain and manage the electronic filing system....
The Social Justice Tribunals Ontario (SJTO) is a cluster of eight adjudicative tribunals with a mandate to resolve applications and appeals brought under nine...
We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services....
The successful candidate must commit to work within NROCRC’s model of Community Development. Answer phone calls and direct to appropriate personnel and/or...
Creating student hanging folders for incoming students. Filing tests/exams into locked cabinet. Assist with meetings/special events after 4pm (PAC, mentorship,...
Possess a valid driver’s license. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a...
If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online. Under the supervisor of the Program Manager, Parking...