Engineering Technologist Job Opening in Greenview, AB - Municipal District of Greenview Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Municipal District of Greenview is a rapidly growing enterprise in Greenview, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in January 2017 Municipal District of Greenview is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Municipal District of Greenview opens job opportunity for Engineering Technologist placed in Greenview, AB. This option has been opened at the start of January 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Engineering Technologist, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Engineering Technologist January 2017Municipal District of Greenview Greenview, AB
Municipal District of Greenview
Municipal District of Greenview
Engineering Technologist Department: Infrastructure & Planning
Location: Administration Offices - Valleyview, Alberta
Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Construction and Maintenance, the Engineering Technologist provides technical assistance for Greenview Municipality District relating to road design & construction, infrastructure and bridge construction projects and related activities in a typical rural setting within the Municipal District. This position provides a broad range of engineering functions related to maintenance, design and construction of municipal infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Major
- Provide technical review of engineering studies, design submissions, and drawings as related to municipality infrastructure.
- Provide construction survey layout with use of GPS and Survey Equipment
- Provide minor civil design and drafting service support
- Perform municipality infrastructure field inspections and verify adherence to design and construction specifications
- Review environmental assessment, studies, design briefs, reports and approvals for municipal infrastructure and servicing projects.
- Prepare construction costs and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with contract administration, tender review and vendor liaison.
- Conduct reviews of various engineering/construction design drawings submissions to ensure accuracy with field conditions
- Review design plans to ensure compliance with municipality standards
- Responsible for the design reviews and assisting with project management of municipal and transportation projects.
- Prepare technical reports for General Manager/ Council
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Review policies as required.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of professionalism.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in road construction and bridge file (culverts) projects.
- Knowledge of municipal engineering, planning, development and construction
- C.E.T or PMP designation will be considered an assert
- Previous construction experience related to Alberta Transportation or other rural municipal projects will be considered an asset.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Computer software applications (MS Office, MS Word and Excel and AutoCAD)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from all levels of employees, including Management, Council and Ratepayers.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand survey information and to read engineering plans.
- Ability to carry out field inspections.
- Familiarity with applicable construction standards.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Substantial use of computer and telephone.
- May involve long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Minimal light physical lifting may be occasionally required.
- Subject to working in an outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dust and / or wet conditions as well as exposure to insects, bees and wildlife.
- Use and operation of a vehicle.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume in one of the following ways:
By Mail or Drop off:
Human Resources Department, Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
firstname.lastname@example.org This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:07:
29 AM (PST) Posting Expires: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:30:00 PM (PST)
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Engineering Technologist. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Must have own vehicle to get to work and a valid driver's license*. Required license or certification:. Outbound shipments will require pulling orders from...
Answer the phone promptly demonstrating an ability to listen and empathize with crew members while ensuring a high level of internal guest satisfaction....
While adhering to the College target numbers set for each program per semester, Admissions Officers strive to effectively advise students about their program of...
Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you. Join our Talent Community....
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader....
A valid Alberta driver's license obtained for a minimum of 2 years is required. Please include a valid email address if possible, as booking interviews via...
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our...
Valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle. Answer and direct phone calls from the public and volunteers....
Flexible benefits program including health, medical, dental and life. Access to personal development and technical training programs....