Engineering Technologist Job Opening in Greenview, AB - Municipal District of Greenview Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Municipal District of Greenview is a rapidly growing provider in Greenview, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in May 2017 Municipal District of Greenview is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Municipal District of Greenview opens job chance for Engineering Technologist positioned in Greenview, AB. This option has been opened at the beginning of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering Engineering Technologist, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Engineering Technologist May 2017Municipal District of Greenview Greenview, AB
Municipal District of Greenview
Municipal District of Greenview
Engineering Technologist Department: Infrastructure & Planning
Location: Administration Offices - Valleyview, Alberta
Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Construction and Maintenance, the Engineering Technologist provides technical assistance for Greenview Municipality District relating to road design & construction, infrastructure and bridge construction projects and related activities in a typical rural setting within the Municipal District. This position provides a broad range of engineering functions related to maintenance, design and construction of municipal infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Major
- Provide technical review of engineering studies, design submissions, and drawings as related to municipality infrastructure.
- Provide construction survey layout with use of GPS and Survey Equipment
- Provide minor civil design and drafting service support
- Perform municipality infrastructure field inspections and verify adherence to design and construction specifications
- Review environmental assessment, studies, design briefs, reports and approvals for municipal infrastructure and servicing projects.
- Prepare construction costs and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with contract administration, tender review and vendor liaison.
- Conduct reviews of various engineering/construction design drawings submissions to ensure accuracy with field conditions
- Review design plans to ensure compliance with municipality standards
- Responsible for the design reviews and assisting with project management of municipal and transportation projects.
- Prepare technical reports for General Manager/ Council
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Review policies as required.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of professionalism.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in road construction and bridge file (culverts) projects.
- Knowledge of municipal engineering, planning, development and construction
- C.E.T or PMP designation will be considered an assert
- Previous construction experience related to Alberta Transportation or other rural municipal projects will be considered an asset.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Computer software applications (MS Office, MS Word and Excel and AutoCAD)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from all levels of employees, including Management, Council and Ratepayers.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand survey information and to read engineering plans.
- Ability to carry out field inspections.
- Familiarity with applicable construction standards.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Substantial use of computer and telephone.
- May involve long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Minimal light physical lifting may be occasionally required.
- Subject to working in an outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dust and / or wet conditions as well as exposure to insects, bees and wildlife.
- Use and operation of a vehicle.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume in one of the following ways:
By Mail or Drop off:
Human Resources Department, Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
[email protected] This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:07:
29 AM (PST) Posting Expires: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:30:00 PM (PST)
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Engineering Technologist. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The Harmony Beef plant is a very modern facility with brand new production equipment and beautiful employee welfare areas....
Have a valid driver licence; The employee will be working alone and dealing with customers directly. Local candidates only....
As a Telephone Service and Dispatch Operator you will respond to service requests from business units and provides 24/7 monitoring and support to City personnel...
In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies,...
Vehicle registration, driver licences, corporate registries, vital statistics, Alberta Health Care and personal property searches....
Magazine orders and Vacation magazine program. Assist in monitoring of the Potable Water Program including updating of spreadsheet weekly....
Answer and direct phone calls. Assist with incoming and outgoing inventory and merchandise sales. Data Entry and Daily Sales Reporting....
Answer telephone/web inquiries from prospective students in a timely manner. Provide information regarding and assistance with financial aid....
Entry level position. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers....