IT Support/Help Desk Technician Job Opening in Toronto, ON - ELTE Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - ELTE is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in August 2017 ELTE is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. ELTE opens job opportunity for IT Support/Help Desk Technician positioned in Toronto, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering IT Support/Help Desk Technician, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
IT Support/Help Desk Technician August 2017ELTE Toronto, ON
at Luxury Retailer!
WHO WE ARE…
Elte, Ginger’s & Elte MKT are 3 premium luxury home furnishing destinations in Toronto. We provide our clients with a complete home décor experience by offering fine products from around the world that are well made and beautiful to look at. Our showrooms house a large and diverse selection of furniture, bedding, lighting, accessories, rugs and broadloom as well as decorative plumbing, hardware and boutique items. Elte’s family tradition began over 95 years ago and we continue into our fourth generation with the same excitement and passion for our clients and products.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
We are searching for a reliableand dependablepart time I.T Support/Help Desk Technician to cover ourweekend shifts (Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm & Sunday 12pm to 5pm) and possibly one shift during the week. This position will be the first point of contact for approximately 240 users, across our main office and retail locations in a Windows (XP and 7) corporate network environment. This is not just another “help desk” position; it will provide the opportunity to get “hands-on” experience in configuring and deploying new workstations and network devices, working with new technologies and being an integral part of our I.T team. As part of the Elte team, you must be driven, flexible and motivated to help others. You are self-motivated and reliable rain or shine
WHAT YOU DO (among other things):
- Communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with both technical and non-technical users experiencing difficulties in order to determine, resolve and document problems experienced. This could mean prioritizing and managing several open cases at once.
- Field incoming help requests from end users.
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other I.T. team members.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation
- Perform hands on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring system and applications.
- Manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extremely reliable and punctual with commitment to weekend shifts
- Must be able to work independently and know when to escalate issues upon determining cause
- Excellent customer service skills
- Responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his/her own work
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal are required for this position
- 1-2 years of phone support in a small-medium corporate environment is beneficial
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Laser Printer set up, administration and Cloud based email support, various browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla), Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issues
- Solid understanding and strong proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware, Note: Applicants may be quizzed during interview process
- Strong Windows and Software Application and hardware support (Work/Excel/Outlook)
ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply IT Support/Help Desk Technician. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The person in this position must be capable of handling various administrative tasks in a fast, accurate and efficient manner ensuring a positive experience for...
Post-secondary diploma or degree in office administration, business administration or related field is required. Distribute incoming and outgoing mail....
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT - FESTIVAL TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox....
As an ambassador of the Drake Hotel, you are expected to greet all guests with enthusiasm, be well informed in all aspects of our offerings, and provide our...
The incumbent will be responsible of FIT reservation requests for our customers, requests for information on products, passenger support, and treatment of some...
Under the direction of the Manager, FRANK Restaurant, the Restaurant Host will greet guests and show them to the dining room promptly in order to provide...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code,...
Tours potential volunteers through the Home, providing information regarding the philosophy of the Home and Volunteer Program....
You are the first person customers see when entering the store and the last person customers will remember when exiting....