IT Support/Help Desk Technician Job Opening in Toronto, ON - ELTE Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - ELTE is a quickly growing provider in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in July 2017 ELTE is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. ELTE opens job chance of IT Support/Help Desk Technician located in Toronto, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of July 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're interested in IT Support/Help Desk Technician, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
IT Support/Help Desk Technician July 2017ELTE Toronto, ON
at Luxury Retailer!
WHO WE ARE…
Elte, Ginger’s & Elte MKT are 3 premium luxury home furnishing destinations in Toronto. We provide our clients with a complete home décor experience by offering fine products from around the world that are well made and beautiful to look at. Our showrooms house a large and diverse selection of furniture, bedding, lighting, accessories, rugs and broadloom as well as decorative plumbing, hardware and boutique items. Elte’s family tradition began over 95 years ago and we continue into our fourth generation with the same excitement and passion for our clients and products.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
We are searching for a reliableand dependablepart time I.T Support/Help Desk Technician to cover ourweekend shifts (Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm & Sunday 12pm to 5pm) and possibly one shift during the week. This position will be the first point of contact for approximately 240 users, across our main office and retail locations in a Windows (XP and 7) corporate network environment. This is not just another “help desk” position; it will provide the opportunity to get “hands-on” experience in configuring and deploying new workstations and network devices, working with new technologies and being an integral part of our I.T team. As part of the Elte team, you must be driven, flexible and motivated to help others. You are self-motivated and reliable rain or shine
WHAT YOU DO (among other things):
- Communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with both technical and non-technical users experiencing difficulties in order to determine, resolve and document problems experienced. This could mean prioritizing and managing several open cases at once.
- Field incoming help requests from end users.
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other I.T. team members.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation
- Perform hands on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring system and applications.
- Manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extremely reliable and punctual with commitment to weekend shifts
- Must be able to work independently and know when to escalate issues upon determining cause
- Excellent customer service skills
- Responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his/her own work
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal are required for this position
- 1-2 years of phone support in a small-medium corporate environment is beneficial
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Laser Printer set up, administration and Cloud based email support, various browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla), Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issues
- Solid understanding and strong proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware, Note: Applicants may be quizzed during interview process
- Strong Windows and Software Application and hardware support (Work/Excel/Outlook)
ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply IT Support/Help Desk Technician. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The Unit operates a service desk to handle Toronto Community Housing employees’ (our clients) requests for service during regular office hours spanning a 9-hour...
As an Activity Leader, you will be expected to run a very introductory sports skills program with children ages 3-7. CPR/First Aid Training an asset....
Prepare Lesson Plans and Curriculum as per Ministry Guidelines. Prepare developmentally appropriate teaching and learning resources....
Required license or certification:. Submit resume, cover letter and three current references by email using subject line 'Classroom Teacher'....
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes....
University Degree or Community College Diploma on related field or equivalent minimum 1 year training/work experience....
The responsibilities and duties of this role involve providing timely and accurate mail services to the Commission by processing incoming and outgoing...
Answer incoming calls in an efficient and timely manner. Conduct outbound calls to confirm appointments....
Works with Records Office, Student Finance, Student Advisor, TFS and Program Coordinators to ensure that student issues are resolved within established...