Senior Accountant Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Global Relay Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Global Relay is a swiftly growing firm in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in January 2017 Global Relay is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Global Relay opens job opportunity for Senior Accountant positioned in Vancouver, BC. This prospect has been opened at the start of January 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Senior Accountant, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Senior Accountant January 2017Global Relay Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com ).
We are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our growing Accounting Team. This is a great opportunity for a person with experience in financial and tax reporting, high analytical abilities, a willingness to learn, and great interpersonal skills to work in a team that is supporting a fast growing business combined with relevant experience in an accounting role.
- Assisting the Corporate Controller with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and reporting packages for key stakeholders
- Preparing monthly budget-to-actual variance analyses, including liaising with various internal departments to obtain information as needed
- Assisting in the maintenance of the general ledger, including preparing and/or reviewing monthly reconciliations and performing month-end closing procedures
- Preparing working papers required for the annual financial statement audit
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Accounting for revenue transactions, foreign exchange translation, and reporting
- Ownership of analysis and accounting for debt and financial and operating lease transactions
- Preparing and maintaining fixed asset sub-ledgers and capital asset tracking for accounting and tax purposes
- Assisting in the preparation of SR&ED filing schedules, Canadian and US tax working papers and returns, and other reports
- Preparing and filing GST/HST, value added tax, and various US sales and use tax returns
- Participate in ad hoc tax, accounting and finance projects, analyses and initiatives as and when required
- Coaching and sharing of best practices with junior team members
- Administrative tasks and other duties, as needed
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) with a strong work ethic and integrity
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an accounting department; experience in the software/tech industry in a subscription billing environment is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities with experience in researching and preparing technical accounting and tax memos
- Expert level Excel proficiency, with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and time-manage
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to write clear, concise and formal business communications
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing accounting process improvements is an asset
- Experience in preparing and filing Canadian, US, and UK income tax returns, US state sales tax returns, and other statutory reporting is an asset
- Familiarity with the Salesforce CRM system and cloud-based accounting applications is an asset
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Senior Accountant. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Curious researcher, you are comfortable accessing multiple open source social media sites. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse...
Responsible for receiving, sorting, opening and distributing incoming mail and will be required to categorize and prepare outgoing....
Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and...
The Part-time Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative and clerical support to the team including preparing...
Human Resources, Emily Carr University of Art + Design. 1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9, Fax:. Shelving and filing returned or used material;...
The Admissions Assistant is a member of the International Admissions team and works to provide assistance and information to applicants, the Langara community...
Valid driver’s license and vehicle an asset. A love of children is essential as you'll be working with groups of children;...
Parks - Sports field & turf grass maintenance management equipment operations - Trail & related structure construction & maintenance - Horticulture & landscape...
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community....