Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Federation of Canadian Municipalities Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Federation of Canadian Municipalities is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in March 2017 Federation of Canadian Municipalities is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Federation of Canadian Municipalities opens job chance for Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds located in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of March 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds March 2017Federation of Canadian Municipalities Ottawa, ON
$42,000 - $53,000
FCM Innovation Funds
Bilingualism (English and French)
Background: The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. FCM is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal government. FCM also assumes a lead role representing Canadian municipal interests at the international level by establishing links with municipal associations in other countries. FCM is also involved in protecting the environment through pollution prevention and sustainable community development. The Federation serves constituents in both official languages.
Major Purpose: Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Director's Office, the Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds provides general reception support to all FCM departments and units located at 10 Rideau. S/he also provides organizational support to the Program Services Unit, including planning, implementing and executing a broad range of administrative services.
Key Responsibilities: Reception
- Receives and distributes all incoming mail and shipments, including opening and date stamping all general correspondence for all FCM departments located at 10 Rideau
- Handles both incoming and outgoing couriers, including contacting couriers for outgoing mail requests and maintaining way bills and log book
- Answers incoming telephone calls and email messages in the general mailbox; responds to FCM Innovation Funds general inquiries; directs and/or transfers incoming calls or email messages to appropriate parties
- Greets all visitors entering FCM's Rideau Street offices, determines the nature and purpose of their visit, and directs them to meet appropriate staff members
- Set up all meeting rooms and reception area by ensuring that proper supplies are available (flipcharts, markers, etc) and ensuring they are clean and tidy on an ongoing basis
- Maintains the kitchen area, including cleaning dishes after meetings with external clients
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies for the department
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment (external technicians)
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Manager, Program Services Unit which includes: calendar management, coordinating meetings, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, tracking documents and deadlines, and providing follow up as needed
- Completes standard contract templates according to approved Terms of Reference, as needed
- Coordinates, processes (codes, validates, verifies) and tracks contracts, purchase orders, travel requests, invoices, expense claims and credit card reconciliations
- Reviews monthly financial reports and follows-up on any discrepancies
- Creates and maintains overall electronic and hard copy filing for the Unit for effective and efficient retrieval of information, which may include database updates
- Types, formats and proofreads correspondence and reports, including taking minutes for department and cross-functional team meetings and preparing draft e-mails and letters for internal and external correspondence and mail-outs
- Coordinates translation and production of documents, including liaising with external service providers, communicating timelines and following-up as required
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members, and may be required to schedule and organize logistics for external meetings and events (e.g. conferences and workshops) or internal meetings with external participants
- Provides back-up support to other Administrative Assistants within FCM Innovation Fund
- A minimum of two years' work experience in the provision of administrative support with a strong focus on the coordination of events, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools and computer business applications (Microsoft Office suite); familiarity with databases considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees; experience in dealing with external stakeholders at a senior level with excellent client service skills and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs in a fast paced environment with some tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Excellent problem analysis, assessment and resolution/decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and French is required
For additional information on this posting, or for further information on FCM, access our website at www.fcm.ca . Visit the careers section of our website to apply. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.
Please apply by Sunday, January 15, 2017
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Creating student hanging folders for incoming students. Filing tests/exams into locked cabinet. Assist with meetings/special events after 4pm (PAC, mentorship,...
The successful candidate must commit to work within NROCRC’s model of Community Development. Answer phone calls and direct to appropriate personnel and/or...
We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services....
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Trends and techniques for developing effective library programming for children. Children Program & Public Service Assistant....
The Administrative Assistant has broad administrative responsibilities including, iProcurement, facility maintenance, staff scheduling, chart management,...
Answer questions regarding our client's programs and services. Polite and friendly demeanorNo experience required....
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit....
Administrative duties such as filing, scanning, etc. Receptionist duties such as answering the door (it is always locked)....