Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Federation of Canadian Municipalities Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Federation of Canadian Municipalities is an evergrowing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in February 2017 Federation of Canadian Municipalities is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Federation of Canadian Municipalities opens job chance of Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds placed in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of February 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds February 2017Federation of Canadian Municipalities Ottawa, ON
$42,000 - $53,000
FCM Innovation Funds
Bilingualism (English and French)
Background: The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. FCM is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal government. FCM also assumes a lead role representing Canadian municipal interests at the international level by establishing links with municipal associations in other countries. FCM is also involved in protecting the environment through pollution prevention and sustainable community development. The Federation serves constituents in both official languages.
Major Purpose: Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Director's Office, the Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds provides general reception support to all FCM departments and units located at 10 Rideau. S/he also provides organizational support to the Program Services Unit, including planning, implementing and executing a broad range of administrative services.
Key Responsibilities: Reception
- Receives and distributes all incoming mail and shipments, including opening and date stamping all general correspondence for all FCM departments located at 10 Rideau
- Handles both incoming and outgoing couriers, including contacting couriers for outgoing mail requests and maintaining way bills and log book
- Answers incoming telephone calls and email messages in the general mailbox; responds to FCM Innovation Funds general inquiries; directs and/or transfers incoming calls or email messages to appropriate parties
- Greets all visitors entering FCM's Rideau Street offices, determines the nature and purpose of their visit, and directs them to meet appropriate staff members
- Set up all meeting rooms and reception area by ensuring that proper supplies are available (flipcharts, markers, etc) and ensuring they are clean and tidy on an ongoing basis
- Maintains the kitchen area, including cleaning dishes after meetings with external clients
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies for the department
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment (external technicians)
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Manager, Program Services Unit which includes: calendar management, coordinating meetings, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, tracking documents and deadlines, and providing follow up as needed
- Completes standard contract templates according to approved Terms of Reference, as needed
- Coordinates, processes (codes, validates, verifies) and tracks contracts, purchase orders, travel requests, invoices, expense claims and credit card reconciliations
- Reviews monthly financial reports and follows-up on any discrepancies
- Creates and maintains overall electronic and hard copy filing for the Unit for effective and efficient retrieval of information, which may include database updates
- Types, formats and proofreads correspondence and reports, including taking minutes for department and cross-functional team meetings and preparing draft e-mails and letters for internal and external correspondence and mail-outs
- Coordinates translation and production of documents, including liaising with external service providers, communicating timelines and following-up as required
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members, and may be required to schedule and organize logistics for external meetings and events (e.g. conferences and workshops) or internal meetings with external participants
- Provides back-up support to other Administrative Assistants within FCM Innovation Fund
- A minimum of two years' work experience in the provision of administrative support with a strong focus on the coordination of events, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools and computer business applications (Microsoft Office suite); familiarity with databases considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees; experience in dealing with external stakeholders at a senior level with excellent client service skills and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs in a fast paced environment with some tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Excellent problem analysis, assessment and resolution/decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and French is required
For additional information on this posting, or for further information on FCM, access our website at www.fcm.ca . Visit the careers section of our website to apply. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.
Please apply by Sunday, January 15, 2017
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answer telephones and assist students. Access to our generous employee benefits program. Typing of documents....
Answer enquiries received by the HR Contact Centre through all communication channels, evaluate the problem, exercise discretion and judgement when selecting...
If you’re looking for a job where what you do has a positive impact on your community as well as our environment, you will love working at Value Village!...
The Central Receptionist also provides a broad range of clerical/reception support to all components of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre....
Ensure shipping orders are processed properly through shipping product examination, packaging and assembly operations....
Le/la commis d’étage à la responsabilité de la gestion des dossiers cliniques des patients, de la réservation au préalable des procédures chirurgicales et...
Proposes program ideas, suggests and lines up guests or interviewees, prepares background notes and questions, interviews on or off air, and provides narration...
Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices associated with human resources, finance and administration....
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:....