Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Federation of Canadian Municipalities Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Federation of Canadian Municipalities is a rapidly growing firm in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in July 2017 Federation of Canadian Municipalities is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Federation of Canadian Municipalities opens job opportunity for Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds placed in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of July 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're interested in Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds July 2017Federation of Canadian Municipalities Ottawa, ON
$42,000 - $53,000
FCM Innovation Funds
Bilingualism (English and French)
Background: The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. FCM is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal government. FCM also assumes a lead role representing Canadian municipal interests at the international level by establishing links with municipal associations in other countries. FCM is also involved in protecting the environment through pollution prevention and sustainable community development. The Federation serves constituents in both official languages.
Major Purpose: Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Director's Office, the Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds provides general reception support to all FCM departments and units located at 10 Rideau. S/he also provides organizational support to the Program Services Unit, including planning, implementing and executing a broad range of administrative services.
Key Responsibilities: Reception
- Receives and distributes all incoming mail and shipments, including opening and date stamping all general correspondence for all FCM departments located at 10 Rideau
- Handles both incoming and outgoing couriers, including contacting couriers for outgoing mail requests and maintaining way bills and log book
- Answers incoming telephone calls and email messages in the general mailbox; responds to FCM Innovation Funds general inquiries; directs and/or transfers incoming calls or email messages to appropriate parties
- Greets all visitors entering FCM's Rideau Street offices, determines the nature and purpose of their visit, and directs them to meet appropriate staff members
- Set up all meeting rooms and reception area by ensuring that proper supplies are available (flipcharts, markers, etc) and ensuring they are clean and tidy on an ongoing basis
- Maintains the kitchen area, including cleaning dishes after meetings with external clients
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies for the department
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment (external technicians)
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Manager, Program Services Unit which includes: calendar management, coordinating meetings, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, tracking documents and deadlines, and providing follow up as needed
- Completes standard contract templates according to approved Terms of Reference, as needed
- Coordinates, processes (codes, validates, verifies) and tracks contracts, purchase orders, travel requests, invoices, expense claims and credit card reconciliations
- Reviews monthly financial reports and follows-up on any discrepancies
- Creates and maintains overall electronic and hard copy filing for the Unit for effective and efficient retrieval of information, which may include database updates
- Types, formats and proofreads correspondence and reports, including taking minutes for department and cross-functional team meetings and preparing draft e-mails and letters for internal and external correspondence and mail-outs
- Coordinates translation and production of documents, including liaising with external service providers, communicating timelines and following-up as required
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members, and may be required to schedule and organize logistics for external meetings and events (e.g. conferences and workshops) or internal meetings with external participants
- Provides back-up support to other Administrative Assistants within FCM Innovation Fund
- A minimum of two years' work experience in the provision of administrative support with a strong focus on the coordination of events, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools and computer business applications (Microsoft Office suite); familiarity with databases considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees; experience in dealing with external stakeholders at a senior level with excellent client service skills and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs in a fast paced environment with some tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Excellent problem analysis, assessment and resolution/decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and French is required
For additional information on this posting, or for further information on FCM, access our website at www.fcm.ca . Visit the careers section of our website to apply. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.
Please apply by Sunday, January 15, 2017
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Receptionist / Assistant, Innovation Funds. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting to the Manager, Career Services and Welcome Centre, Student Support Services, the incumbent is responsible for providing comprehensive clerical and...
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Applicants must have a valid license, and access to a vehicle full-time. Required license or certification:. Luxus Auto Care hosts a friendly environment with...
Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge,...
Please be aware that the time to procure a criminal record check varies by location and you should contact your local police service to determine the processing...
\*To verify and confirm the daily cash, and credit card deposits, reconciling deposits against the Front Office system and bank records....
Oral communication skills to provide detailed explanations, accurate interpretations of policies and procedures to customers and provide advice to customers...
Typing skills, speed of 45 words per minute with high accuracy. To get more people living with mental illness into recovery faster....
Typing skills, speed of 45 words per minute with high accuracy. Prepare Admission and Discharge Forms for the clinical record....