Bus Assistant Job Opening in Calgary, AB - DREAMS Transportation Ltd. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - DREAMS Transportation Ltd. is an evergrowing company in Calgary, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in October 2017 DREAMS Transportation Ltd. is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. DREAMS Transportation Ltd. opens job chance of Bus Assistant put in Calgary, AB. This chance has been opened at the start of October 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Bus Assistant, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Bus Assistant October 2017DREAMS Transportation Ltd. Calgary, AB
Part Time Mobility Assistant – Bus Monitor
Dreams provides efficient, courteous and compassionate transportation service that recognizes the value of those with special needs in our community. Our Mobility Assistants primarily co-captain a fleet vehicle in the noble service of getting students with special needs to and from school, on a dedicated route.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Mobility Specialist – Bus Driver with the safety, movement, management and care of the passengers/students being transported
- Maintain a high standard of student conduct, always
- Provide exceptional customer service, always
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner
- Effectively monitor and solve minor behavior issues on the vehicle
- Assists the school bus driver in reporting infractions of bus safety
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside of your designated vehicle
- Operate hand held radios, GPS and other electronic devices in a professional manner.
- When working on a bus equipped with a wheelchair lift, assists the driver who operates the lift for loading and unloading of wheelchairs and ensures that that the wheelchair is properly secured on the school bus.
- Various other duties as requested
- The successful completion of a Police background check and a child intervention record check are a condition of employment, at the applicant’s expense
- Have at least 2 years’ experience successfully working in a customer service environment
- Enjoy working with children
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and patience
- Able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Strong oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Formal training in the operation of a school bus, commercial bus, similar vehicle and related equipment will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with people with special needs will be considered an asset.
Hours of Work: Approximately 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 2:30PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days, only (exact times vary depending on school hours and individual routes). Approximately 3-4 hours daily.
Transporting, interacting and supporting passengers with special needs is a very rewarding experience. There may be times however, where challenging situations occur and it is your responsibility to deal with these in a compassionate, professional manner.
The role of Mobility Assistant requires moderate physical activity when manipulating wheelchairs, or wheelchair harnesses and straps, daily. You must also be able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch.
You will be exposed to seasonal weather conditions, both inside and outside of the vehicle
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $48.00 to $72.00 /day
- Calgary, AB
- Student Care: 1 year
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Bus Assistant. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Receive and redirect incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner. Reporting to a Finance Manager, the incumbent will backfill our Chief of First...
Use tactful communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive interaction with professionals, team leaders, staff and senior staff within...
Cleaning and sanitizing all beer lines and filler, safe and efficient operation of filling machine, accurate record keeping and basic mechanical preventative...
Experience with understanding retail operation concepts such as maintaining to store standards, cash handling, and merchandise presentation....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)....
Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control. Experience and ability with general administrative...
No degree, certificate or diploma Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills. Electronic cash register Experience. Take customers' orders;...
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader....