Bus Assistant Job Opening in Calgary, AB - DREAMS Transportation Ltd. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - DREAMS Transportation Ltd. is a speedily growing firm in Calgary, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in December 2017 DREAMS Transportation Ltd. is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. DREAMS Transportation Ltd. opens job chance for Bus Assistant put in Calgary, AB. This chance has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering Bus Assistant, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Bus Assistant December 2017DREAMS Transportation Ltd. Calgary, AB
Part Time Mobility Assistant – Bus Monitor
Dreams provides efficient, courteous and compassionate transportation service that recognizes the value of those with special needs in our community. Our Mobility Assistants primarily co-captain a fleet vehicle in the noble service of getting students with special needs to and from school, on a dedicated route.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Mobility Specialist – Bus Driver with the safety, movement, management and care of the passengers/students being transported
- Maintain a high standard of student conduct, always
- Provide exceptional customer service, always
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner
- Effectively monitor and solve minor behavior issues on the vehicle
- Assists the school bus driver in reporting infractions of bus safety
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside of your designated vehicle
- Operate hand held radios, GPS and other electronic devices in a professional manner.
- When working on a bus equipped with a wheelchair lift, assists the driver who operates the lift for loading and unloading of wheelchairs and ensures that that the wheelchair is properly secured on the school bus.
- Various other duties as requested
- The successful completion of a Police background check and a child intervention record check are a condition of employment, at the applicant’s expense
- Have at least 2 years’ experience successfully working in a customer service environment
- Enjoy working with children
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and patience
- Able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Strong oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Formal training in the operation of a school bus, commercial bus, similar vehicle and related equipment will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with people with special needs will be considered an asset.
Hours of Work: Approximately 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 2:30PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days, only (exact times vary depending on school hours and individual routes). Approximately 3-4 hours daily.
Transporting, interacting and supporting passengers with special needs is a very rewarding experience. There may be times however, where challenging situations occur and it is your responsibility to deal with these in a compassionate, professional manner.
The role of Mobility Assistant requires moderate physical activity when manipulating wheelchairs, or wheelchair harnesses and straps, daily. You must also be able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch.
You will be exposed to seasonal weather conditions, both inside and outside of the vehicle
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $48.00 to $72.00 /day
- Calgary, AB
- Student Care: 1 year
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Bus Assistant. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible...
Photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing. Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing,...
Valid class 5 driver’s license • Vehicle to get to work. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Drivers License....
Investigate and answer inquiries in an accurate, timely and courteous manner. We’re invested in transparency being a key part of our recruitment process, so we...
Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required while on-call. This position reports to the Provincial Immunization Program Team Leads for day-to-day...
Expérience auprès des adultes et du PFL2. Enseignement à temps plein à un individu. Enseignement du français :. 22,00$ à 28,00$ /heure....
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, Southern Alberta, the Customer Services Representative is required to deal directly with the public, is responsible...
A degree in Computer science, Commerce, Business or related discipline. A two year Technical Diploma in a related discipline will be considered with more than...
We offer a very attractive compensation package, benefits and bonus program as well as extensive perks and incentives....