STUDENT - ASSISTANT VICTIM SERVICES AIDE (3) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a growing company in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in October 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance of STUDENT - ASSISTANT VICTIM SERVICES AIDE (3) located in Brampton, ON. This option has been opened at the start of October 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering STUDENT - ASSISTANT VICTIM SERVICES AIDE (3), please read about the conditions and terms below.
STUDENT - ASSISTANT VICTIM SERVICES AIDE (3) October 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
The Summer Employment Opportunities program provides students with opportunities to obtain valuable work experience, gain transferable skills, and build professional networks.
- LEARN: Jump start your career, whether you want to learn business skills, use your French language skills, help out in a lab, or work outdoors. Put the knowledge you’ve acquired at school into action.
- GROW: Enhance your skills and expand your network by working on projects, leading initiatives and sharing your ideas. Transfer the skills you learn to your future school and work experiences.
- CONTRIBUTE: In addition to advancing your professional and personal skills, you will also give back to your community. Spend your summer working to support the interests of Ontarians!
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and at various locations across Ontario. Certain cities may be located in distant or remote areas in Ontario and may not be accessible by public transit. Carefully review locations through Google Maps and select ONLY those cities that you are able to travel to and work in.
Note: Relocation expenses and/or accommodations are not covered by ministries.
What can I expect to do in this role? Work Description:
As an Assistant Victim Services Aide, you may have the opportunity to work on some or all of the following activities:
- Assist program staff with providing information and support to victims and witnesses of crime, both in person and over the phone.
- Explain court processes and roles of key players in the criminal justice system, and accompany the client to court.
- Provide administrative support to the program (e.g. assist with receiving, sorting, and sending mail, typing letters and reports, answering telephones, arranging appointments, filing documents, opening and closing client files, inputting data, etc.).
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage daily assigned work.
How do I qualify? Mandatory You must meet all eligibility criteria on the first day of employment to be eligible for these positions.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You apply your customer service and verbal, written, and active listening communication skills to provide information and support to victims and witnesses of crime, both in person and over the phone.
- You apply your verbal communication skills to liaise with crown prosecutors and defense attorneys, court staff, and members of the public.
- You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- You have knowledge of and an interest in the criminal justice system.
- You apply your knowledge of community agencies and resources to support victims and witnesses of crime.
- You apply your experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word (word processing) and Excel (spreadsheets), as well as databases, email, and the internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents (e.g. client files, reports).
Analytical and Organizational Skills
- You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize, and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines.
- You apply your analytical and evaluative skills to assess/analyze requests from clients and provide available options of support while also keeping program staff informed.
- You apply your discretion and sensitivity skills when working with confidential information and vulnerable clients.
- You have the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- You have the ability to attend meetings at a courthouse and in the community, as required.
Questions Personal Information
How did you learn about the Summer Employment Opportunities (SEO)?
Why are you interested in this position?
Will you be at least 15 years of age or older on May 1st of this year?
Will you be between the ages of 15-24 years (or between 15-29 in case of a person with a disability) on May 1st of this year?
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
Select your student status:
Will you be living in Ontario from May to August this year?
Identify which of the following working conditions you are comfortable working in (Select any that apply) Please note: Not all of these working conditions may be applicable for this position.
Which cities are you willing to travel to and work in?
Please indicate the first date you are available to start work
Identify up to three current or past fields of study.
Will you be at least 18 years of age or older on May 1st of this year? (Please note: this is a mandatory requirement for some positions)
Identify which of the following certifications or licenses you possess: (Please note: Not all these certifications or licenses may be required for this position)
Are you bilingual in English and French? (Please note: this is a mandatory requirement for some positions)
Skills and Qualifications
Identify which of the following general skills you have gained through your school, volunteer and work activities? (Please note: Not all these skills may be required for this position)
Identify which of the following specialized skills/knowledge you have gained through your school, volunteer and work activities? (Please note: Not all these skills may be required for this position)
Identify which of the following computer applications you have used or have an understanding of (Select all that apply):
Additional Information: Address:
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, certain positions may require the top candidate(s) to undergo a security screening check based on the nature of the work being performed. Please refer to the information below to determine the type of screening checks that may be required for this position, if applicable.
You will be responsible for obtaining the required criminal record check at your own expense. If applicable, the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD), Ministry of Government and Consumer Service (MGCS), with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must be obtained in person at your local police service.) A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- All positions advertised on this job ad are represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) and successful candidates will be required to pay monthly union dues, which are automatically deducted from your pay.
You will receive a confirmation splash page verifying receipt of your application when your application has been successfully received. If you do not receive a confirmation splash page, it is likely that your application was not successfully received and it is recommended that you resubmit your application. If that still does not result in a confirmation, please contact [email protected] during the posting period. We cannot provide assistance with submitting your application after the job ad deadline date.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply STUDENT - ASSISTANT VICTIM SERVICES AIDE (3). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Glass machinery,drowing works. Job Type: Full...
Neovia Logistics welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, aboriginal people...
Bring your client-focused attitude and excellent organizational skills to this dynamic supporting role with the Ministry of Community and Social Services, where...
Persuade customers to pay amounts due on their program accounts Determine appropriate plan of action for each delinquent account, i.e., email, telephone calls,...
You're a fun and friendly person who values customers and takes absolute pride in everything you do. We are looking for mature individuals with a passion for...
As a part-time seasonal role you can expect approximately 20 hours a week with opportunity for more based on performance and sales....
Current Standard First Aid / CPR / AED from an accredited organization. Answer telephone calls and respond to customer concerns/ inquiries in a professional...
Golf course - Smart Serve certification and valid “G2” Ontario driver’s licence and ability to obtain City of Brampton Off Road Vehicle Operator’s Permit....
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, in this newly-created position, the General Manager, Strategic Initiatives will provide corporate leadership and...