Dietetic Attendant Job Opening in Toronto, ON - North York General Hospital Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - North York General Hospital is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in August 2017 North York General Hospital is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. North York General Hospital opens job chance of Dietetic Attendant placed in Toronto, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Dietetic Attendant, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Dietetic Attendant August 2017North York General Hospital Toronto, ON
Position: Dietetic Attendant
Site : General
Unit/Department: Inpatient Food Services
Reports To : Director
Hours : 22.5 hours every two weeks - must be able to work weekends,days and evenings, 4 & 8 hour shifts, Primary hours between 11:45am-7:45pm, 2 out of 3 weekends
Status : Part Time Temporary
Base Pay: $19.8552
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital, we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centred care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you, too, can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Performs meal selection, meal assembly, meal delivery, collection and clean up for patient services.
This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
- Picks, portions and plates food items accurately according to tallies and/or menus
- Accurately records, documents temperatures and other required information
- Operates ware washing machines
- Strips, washes, and stores dishes and utensils
- Cleans work area and equipment
- Delivers food trucks to patient units, assemble, deliver and collect trays & delivers nourishments to patients
- Heats food items to required temperature
- Sort and wrap cutlery
- Stores food, paper and cleaning supplies
- Prepares cold food: sandwiches, salad, salad plates, tube feedings and nourishments; portions desserts
- Issues frozen, refrigerated and dry food supplies according to computer requisitions
- Visits patients for meal selection using a computerized device
- Minimum Education - Grade 12
- Public Health Food Handler’s Course, required
- Strong customer service background and prior work experience in institutional food service an asset
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation/institution kitchen equipment
- Works independently with minimal supervision within a time sensitive work environment
- Works safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Food Handler Certificate, Steamplicity program, etc.
- Demonstrates accuracy in filling requisitions and assembling trays
- Well organized, independent worker who is able to work cooperatively with others
- Comfortable with operation of computerized and/or electronic devices
- Patient focused, exercising excellent customer service skills
If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
HOW TO APPLY:
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
1. Please submit a covering letter and resume by visiting nygh.on.ca
2. Ensure your contact information and the title of the position to which you are applying is accurate.
3. Meet the deadline – only covering letters and resumes received on or before January 12, 2017 will be accepted.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Dietetic Attendant. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answer the telephone in a business-like manner. If you’re looking for a job where what you do has a positive impact on your community as well as our environment...
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co...
Must have and maintain a valid Ontario drivers licence G or G2. Woodbine Entertainment Group is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free...
You understand compliance programs to participate in the development and implementation of a risk based compliance program including standards and processes for...
This position will respond in order to serve customers by determining requirements, answering inquiries, resolving problems, fulfilling requests and maintaining...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes....
Required license or certification:. Drivers license is a must, experience in moving / delivery driving is preferred, but not a necessity....
Answering calls and assisting all stakeholders with their enquiries Processing of paperwork; Scanning, processing, invoicing Data Entry General filing and...
Collects, sorts, date stamps, distributes, prepares and processes forms and documents, including mail, fax, statements, invoices, reports, vouchers, cheque...