Dietetic Attendant Job Opening in Toronto, ON - North York General Hospital Recruitment 2017Union : SEIU
Position: Dietetic Attendant
Site : General
Unit/Department: Inpatient Food Services
Reports To : Director
Hours : 22.5 hours every two weeks - must be able to work weekends,days and evenings, 4 & 8 hour shifts, Primary hours between 11:45am-7:45pm, 2 out of 3 weekends
Status : Part Time Temporary
Base Pay: $19.8552
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital, we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centred care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you, too, can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Performs meal selection, meal assembly, meal delivery, collection and clean up for patient services.
This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
- Picks, portions and plates food items accurately according to tallies and/or menus
- Accurately records, documents temperatures and other required information
- Operates ware washing machines
- Strips, washes, and stores dishes and utensils
- Cleans work area and equipment
- Delivers food trucks to patient units, assemble, deliver and collect trays & delivers nourishments to patients
- Heats food items to required temperature
- Sort and wrap cutlery
- Stores food, paper and cleaning supplies
- Prepares cold food: sandwiches, salad, salad plates, tube feedings and nourishments; portions desserts
- Issues frozen, refrigerated and dry food supplies according to computer requisitions
- Visits patients for meal selection using a computerized device
- Minimum Education - Grade 12
- Public Health Food Handler’s Course, required
- Strong customer service background and prior work experience in institutional food service an asset
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation/institution kitchen equipment
- Works independently with minimal supervision within a time sensitive work environment
- Works safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Food Handler Certificate, Steamplicity program, etc.
- Demonstrates accuracy in filling requisitions and assembling trays
- Well organized, independent worker who is able to work cooperatively with others
- Comfortable with operation of computerized and/or electronic devices
- Patient focused, exercising excellent customer service skills
If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
HOW TO APPLY:
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
1. Please submit a covering letter and resume by visiting nygh.on.ca
2. Ensure your contact information and the title of the position to which you are applying is accurate.
3. Meet the deadline – only covering letters and resumes received on or before January 12, 2017 will be accepted.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provides customer service by answering telephone and responding to inquiries, documenting all call information and completing call logs according to standard...
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt...
Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest....
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class G Driver's License and have daily use of a personal vehicle....
School of Community and Engagement (This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the College) Reporting to the Manager of Finance...
Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to...
Basic to the success of the Neuroscience Program is the animal research technician's care and observation of research animals with respect to their health and...