Intermediate Electrical Engineer Job Opening in Toronto, ON - Stantec Recruitment 2017We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our downtown Toronto, ON office is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities will include design of electrical systems and controls of various building types and process and municipal systems, preparing proposals and working closely with clients, contractors and suppliers. If you are an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong attention to detail, then we have a dynamic work environment where you can play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects.
Your Duties: Responsibilities include the design of electrical systems for commercial, healthcare, industrial, institutional, public and private facilities including power distribution, essential and life safety systems; Lighting, Lighting Controls and Roadway Lighting.
Specific duties include:
- Liaison and coordinating with external and internal clients to obtain and develop engineering projects
- Preparing proposals and engineering estimates
- Developing schedules, work breakdown, project tasks and project execution
- Prepare project documents, equipment specifications and capital cost estimate
- Project Management to control design budgets and cost control monitoring
- Prepare engineering reports, tender and construction drawings and documents
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or eligible for certification
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related electrical engineering design. Experience in healthcare and /or airport projects would be beneficial
- Electrical design experience in low, medium and high voltage, systems lighting, power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, communications and security systems, control/signal systems
- Familiarity with security and auxiliary systems
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Canadian electrical standards and codes
- Good interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills required
- Experience using Revit, as well as CAD Green technology interest; LEED ® Accredited Professional designation a bonus.
- Eligible for Security clearance
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.Develop & Optimize...
Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated...
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part...
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class G Driver's License and have daily use of a personal vehicle....
Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to...
Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest....
The successful candidates will have a Grade 12 education or equivalent and will possess CPR Certification and a Personal Care Worker Certificate, or possess or...