Production Scheduler Job Opening in Toronto, ON - A1 Label Inc. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - A1 Label Inc. is an evergrowing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in January 2017 A1 Label Inc. is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. A1 Label Inc. opens job opportunity for Production Scheduler positioned in Toronto, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of January 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Production Scheduler, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Production Scheduler January 2017A1 Label Inc. Toronto, ON
If you want to be an integral part of a dynamic organization where teamwork is more than just a catch phrase, you owe it to yourself to consider a career with us!
We are A1 Label, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels located in North York, Ontario. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety, customer service and providing our employees with a drug-free work environment. Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partner with our customers to address their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application.
Currently we are seeking candidates to join our operations team as a Production Scheduler
The candidate we are looking for will need to possess the following Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Assign and Schedules jobs to achieve maximum efficiency at press while meeting delivery dates to the customer.
- Prepare Schedule for Conventional and digital presses, finishing presses, rewinding machines, and other production equipment
- Maintain efficiency by minimizing scheduling set-ups at each operation
- Check and validate supplies to minimize disruption in supplier departments before moving a job’s press date and production schedules
- Advise and collaborate with Shift Supervisors regarding staffing requirements
- Coordinate work orders in scheduling bins, ensuring logical and organized queue
- Distribute master press schedules for all business units reference at daily Production Planning meeting
- Examine and validate results of previous afternoon’s shifts
- Set up production targets at morning planning meeting with Production Manager and internal supplier departments; discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
- Establish status of press production achieved during Day Shift
- Monitor and Set-up production targets for afternoon/weekend shift with Shift Supervisor and internal supplier departments, discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Assist in purchasing supplies or tooling as requested by Materials Manager.
- Participate in inventory counts as required.
Essential Requirements of the Position:
- Technical, Trade School or College Diploma and a minimum of three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industrial Engineering or Printing industry knowledge is considered a asset.
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Intermediate math skills are required (i.e. convert jobs from 3-across to 2-across)
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to look at the “big picture” in addition to paying attention to detail
- Drive and dedication to see tasks through to completion.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferably in the label industry
- Experience with computerized scheduling database preferred
- Health and Safety attitude and mindset
We offer a competitive salary based on prior experience and skill set. Other benefits include:
- Extended Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- scheduling: 2 years
- production: 5 years
- Production Scheduling: 1 year
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Production Scheduler. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answering telephone enquiries from the public, lawyers, police, immigration, courts, and institutional staff. Maintain adult inmate files and filing system....
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Provides senior level administrative support to the...
Respond and follow-up on telephone and e-mail inquiries, and redirect calls and messages as appropriate;...
This job is first come first serve. Once selected, we will provide more details on location. These will be 1 day or 2 day sessions in which you write different...
Stage customer orders onto pallets to prepare for shipping. Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs....
We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient- and family-centred care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we...
Continually assess registration data and processes to ensure that patients are registered according to registration data entry standards and following correct...
Awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communication requirement of customers, and understanding the special needs of international students....
We offer our colleagues with opportunities for growth, part-time health and dental benefits, 10% colleague discount program, employee share ownership program,...