Production Scheduler Job Opening in Toronto, ON - A1 Label Inc. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - A1 Label Inc. is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in December 2017 A1 Label Inc. is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. A1 Label Inc. opens job opportunity for Production Scheduler placed in Toronto, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Production Scheduler, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Production Scheduler December 2017A1 Label Inc. Toronto, ON
If you want to be an integral part of a dynamic organization where teamwork is more than just a catch phrase, you owe it to yourself to consider a career with us!
We are A1 Label, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels located in North York, Ontario. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety, customer service and providing our employees with a drug-free work environment. Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partner with our customers to address their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application.
Currently we are seeking candidates to join our operations team as a Production Scheduler
The candidate we are looking for will need to possess the following Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Assign and Schedules jobs to achieve maximum efficiency at press while meeting delivery dates to the customer.
- Prepare Schedule for Conventional and digital presses, finishing presses, rewinding machines, and other production equipment
- Maintain efficiency by minimizing scheduling set-ups at each operation
- Check and validate supplies to minimize disruption in supplier departments before moving a job’s press date and production schedules
- Advise and collaborate with Shift Supervisors regarding staffing requirements
- Coordinate work orders in scheduling bins, ensuring logical and organized queue
- Distribute master press schedules for all business units reference at daily Production Planning meeting
- Examine and validate results of previous afternoon’s shifts
- Set up production targets at morning planning meeting with Production Manager and internal supplier departments; discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
- Establish status of press production achieved during Day Shift
- Monitor and Set-up production targets for afternoon/weekend shift with Shift Supervisor and internal supplier departments, discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Assist in purchasing supplies or tooling as requested by Materials Manager.
- Participate in inventory counts as required.
Essential Requirements of the Position:
- Technical, Trade School or College Diploma and a minimum of three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industrial Engineering or Printing industry knowledge is considered a asset.
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Intermediate math skills are required (i.e. convert jobs from 3-across to 2-across)
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to look at the “big picture” in addition to paying attention to detail
- Drive and dedication to see tasks through to completion.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferably in the label industry
- Experience with computerized scheduling database preferred
- Health and Safety attitude and mindset
We offer a competitive salary based on prior experience and skill set. Other benefits include:
- Extended Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- scheduling: 2 years
- production: 5 years
- Production Scheduling: 1 year
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Production Scheduler. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Knowledge of general office procedures, instructions, and relevant reference materials, e.g., telephone directories or lists, staff lists and locations, mailing...
Zara Canada provides equal access to employment and will offer reasonable accommodations upon request, for job applicants with disabilities during its...
Operating a point-of-sale (POS) terminal, confidently handling cash and other forms of payment. Answering questions, ensuring customers have the information...
The three plants employ more than 8,000 workers and produce more than 579,000 vehicles each year. Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
The applicant will assist the Office Manager in the preparation of invoicing as well as with related accounts receivable duties and assisting the Finance...
Answer telephone calls and respond to customers' requests (daily average of 100 incoming and/or email inquiries)....
They also support the sales floor from time to time offering garment options to our customers, locating a sizes or helping our customers navigate the store....
Processing cash, debit and credit card transactions and balancing deposits. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s...