Production Scheduler Job Opening in Toronto, ON - A1 Label Inc. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - A1 Label Inc. is a rapidly growing provider in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in May 2017 A1 Label Inc. is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. A1 Label Inc. opens job opportunity for Production Scheduler located in Toronto, ON. This option has been opened at the start of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Production Scheduler, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Production Scheduler May 2017A1 Label Inc. Toronto, ON
If you want to be an integral part of a dynamic organization where teamwork is more than just a catch phrase, you owe it to yourself to consider a career with us!
We are A1 Label, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels located in North York, Ontario. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety, customer service and providing our employees with a drug-free work environment. Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partner with our customers to address their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application.
Currently we are seeking candidates to join our operations team as a Production Scheduler
The candidate we are looking for will need to possess the following Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Assign and Schedules jobs to achieve maximum efficiency at press while meeting delivery dates to the customer.
- Prepare Schedule for Conventional and digital presses, finishing presses, rewinding machines, and other production equipment
- Maintain efficiency by minimizing scheduling set-ups at each operation
- Check and validate supplies to minimize disruption in supplier departments before moving a job’s press date and production schedules
- Advise and collaborate with Shift Supervisors regarding staffing requirements
- Coordinate work orders in scheduling bins, ensuring logical and organized queue
- Distribute master press schedules for all business units reference at daily Production Planning meeting
- Examine and validate results of previous afternoon’s shifts
- Set up production targets at morning planning meeting with Production Manager and internal supplier departments; discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
- Establish status of press production achieved during Day Shift
- Monitor and Set-up production targets for afternoon/weekend shift with Shift Supervisor and internal supplier departments, discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Assist in purchasing supplies or tooling as requested by Materials Manager.
- Participate in inventory counts as required.
Essential Requirements of the Position:
- Technical, Trade School or College Diploma and a minimum of three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industrial Engineering or Printing industry knowledge is considered a asset.
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Intermediate math skills are required (i.e. convert jobs from 3-across to 2-across)
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to look at the “big picture” in addition to paying attention to detail
- Drive and dedication to see tasks through to completion.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferably in the label industry
- Experience with computerized scheduling database preferred
- Health and Safety attitude and mindset
We offer a competitive salary based on prior experience and skill set. Other benefits include:
- Extended Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- scheduling: 2 years
- production: 5 years
- Production Scheduling: 1 year
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Production Scheduler. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.Develop & Optimize...
Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated...
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part...
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class G Driver's License and have daily use of a personal vehicle....
Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to...
Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest....
The successful candidates will have a Grade 12 education or equivalent and will possess CPR Certification and a Personal Care Worker Certificate, or possess or...