Production Scheduler Job Opening in Toronto, ON - A1 Label Inc. Recruitment 2017
If you want to be an integral part of a dynamic organization where teamwork is more than just a catch phrase, you owe it to yourself to consider a career with us!
We are A1 Label, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels located in North York, Ontario. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety, customer service and providing our employees with a drug-free work environment. Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partner with our customers to address their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application.
Currently we are seeking candidates to join our operations team as a Production Scheduler
The candidate we are looking for will need to possess the following Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Assign and Schedules jobs to achieve maximum efficiency at press while meeting delivery dates to the customer.
- Prepare Schedule for Conventional and digital presses, finishing presses, rewinding machines, and other production equipment
- Maintain efficiency by minimizing scheduling set-ups at each operation
- Check and validate supplies to minimize disruption in supplier departments before moving a job’s press date and production schedules
- Advise and collaborate with Shift Supervisors regarding staffing requirements
- Coordinate work orders in scheduling bins, ensuring logical and organized queue
- Distribute master press schedules for all business units reference at daily Production Planning meeting
- Examine and validate results of previous afternoon’s shifts
- Set up production targets at morning planning meeting with Production Manager and internal supplier departments; discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
- Establish status of press production achieved during Day Shift
- Monitor and Set-up production targets for afternoon/weekend shift with Shift Supervisor and internal supplier departments, discuss any supply changes, tests, mechanical issues that may impact the press schedule
Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Assist in purchasing supplies or tooling as requested by Materials Manager.
- Participate in inventory counts as required.
Essential Requirements of the Position:
- Technical, Trade School or College Diploma and a minimum of three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industrial Engineering or Printing industry knowledge is considered a asset.
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Intermediate math skills are required (i.e. convert jobs from 3-across to 2-across)
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to look at the “big picture” in addition to paying attention to detail
- Drive and dedication to see tasks through to completion.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferably in the label industry
- Experience with computerized scheduling database preferred
- Health and Safety attitude and mindset
We offer a competitive salary based on prior experience and skill set. Other benefits include:
- Extended Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- scheduling: 2 years
- production: 5 years
- Production Scheduling: 1 year
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Degree or Certificate from a recognized Journalism Program. Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all...
The Financial Associate Analyst program is a full-time permanent position, with lots of great learning and development opportunities including exposure to...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes....
The Unit operates a service desk to handle Toronto Community Housing employees’ (our clients) requests for service during regular office hours spanning a 9-hour...
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request...
Prepare Lesson Plans and Curriculum as per Ministry Guidelines. Prepare developmentally appropriate teaching and learning resources....
Required license or certification:. Submit resume, cover letter and three current references by email using subject line 'Classroom Teacher'....
Perform monthly analysis on cash outflows and period over period activity. Perform monthly rent payment runs and payments for Kilometer allowances....
Answering incoming phone calls. We will be conducting a 2 stage interview process - the first round interview for the position will be a brief 30 minute...