Payroll Scheduler Job Opening in Red Deer, AB - Christenson Communities Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Christenson Communities is an evergrowing company in Red Deer, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in December 2017 Christenson Communities is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Christenson Communities opens job chance of Payroll Scheduler placed in Red Deer, AB. This option has been opened at the start of December 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Payroll Scheduler, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Payroll Scheduler December 2017Christenson Communities Red Deer, AB
Timberstone Mews provides Independent & Supportive Living options for seniors in a diverse, active, vibrant and premier community in Red Deer, Alberta.
It takes a special kind of person to work at Timberstone Mews. We look for people who are Passionate to be THE difference in Seniors Living. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently recruiting for a Part-Time (six (6) days in a fourteen (14) day period) Payroll Scheduler to join our Central Zone. This position is based out of our Red Deer community, Timberstone Mews.
The Payroll Scheduler is responsible for ensuring all sites have adequate and appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, AHS Accountabilities and as directed by the facility.
This position is responsible for generating, managing and updating master schedules while making adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints, AHS Accountabilities, call-ins and pre-planned leaves of absences.
- Reviewing requests for paid time off (PTO), vacation, paid leaves of absences and unpaid leave of absences.
- Fulfilling staffing vacancies in advance to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts.
- Keeping meticulous attendance records and assisting in the progressive disciplinary process if staff members accrue excessive absences and/or lateness.
- Monitor Overtime and AHS Accountabilities and notify Wellness Manager as needed.
- Communicating with Wellness Managers regarding new hire orientation scheduling.
- Checking time clock records against master schedules and noting the appropriate changes.
- Utilizing Time & Attendance system to prepare, change and update master schedule.
- Contact staff members or post open shift notices to arrange for coverage for sick calls, scheduled time-off, open shifts or leave of absence time off.
- Timely communicate any changes to schedules to staff members, Wellness Managers of any other staff.
- Track and report status of open positions.
- Review resumes, identify qualified candidates, schedule interviews and any other required support in the hiring process.
- Work with Payroll Department to verify payroll accuracy.
- Maintain a current listing of all staff members’ phone numbers.
- Assist employees with accurate completion of forms pertinent to scheduling and staffing.
- Consult with Wellness Manager and Community Administrator concerning staffing/scheduling needs to reduce/eliminate problems.
- Answer staff member calls regarding staffing/scheduling functions. Prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all staff members and departments.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent employee information.
- Supports staff member terminations as needed.
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follow all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
At an organizational level we have Five Core Competencies that are already included in all positions:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team Work
- Relationship building
- Cultural Awareness
Position based Competencies are:
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Management
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have post-secondary education.
- Related experience in a medical atmosphere and a background in scheduling is a must.
- Experience working in a retirement or assisted living community is an asset.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of the Employment Standards and other related legislation to employment.
- Knowledge of staffing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Reliable with a respect to confidentiality.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when the circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff members, residents, family members and visitors.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other staff members.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult staff members.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of Advantage Assist Group Inc. is essential
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check is required for all new site-based employees.
Timberstone Mews offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package, opportunity for career growth and exceptional health benefits.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Scheduling: 2 years
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Payroll Scheduler. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Please include a valid e-mail address on your resume as interview invitations will be sent out via e-mail. Provide administrative support to various committees ...
Valid Class 5 driver's license required. The Operations Coordinator position is responsible for the overall physical operation of the GH Dawe Centre, Recreation...
We are very happily settling into our brand new office here at Eagle Builders...
No field work involved, however a valid class 5 license is still preferred. Competitive wages, quarterly bonus program, RRSP contributions, full benefits and...
Two (2) years of post-secondary training, completion of a community college certificate including trades apprenticeships or equivalent....
Woody's RV World Red Deer has an opening for a ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK - Full Time. Organizing, posting & balancing accounts payable invoices....
Job Description • Greet guests upon interaction with a warm and friendly greeting • Provide information regarding the hotel, local businesses and activities....
Valid driver’s license. Required license or certification:. Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive...