Work Center Coordinator (Manufacturing Scheduler) Job Opening in Mississauga, ON - MHI Canada Aerospace Recruitment 2017
Scope of Position
Schedules and coordinates flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production. Review the master production schedule and support daily priorities for specific areas. Manufacturing Scheduler)
- The successful candidate will be given the autonomy to adjust any procedures or equipment they can improve upon, within reason, in order to optimize the company’s work schedule with the goal of meeting and exceeding all shipping deadlines.
- Coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules.
- Duties include reviewing and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, and solving production problems.
- Develop contingency plans for any orders tracking behind to production schedule.
- Act as a liaison between departments.
- Along with Methods and quality manages I-tags, squawks and rework requirements. To ensure production continues to meet schedule without impeding costs.
- Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing and Customer Service.
- Provides continuous communication, and makes recommendations, on progress and foreseeable issues to all involved.
- Coordinates with Operations on any critical schedules and/or priorities.
- Ability and willingness to learn all facets of the organization
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Effectively communicate with associates and customers in person and via telephone, verbally and non-verbally to accomplish necessary objectives
- Facilitate daily boardwalk along with production Manager / Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Manage daily KPI’s.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree or equivalent experience in Operations Management.
- Ability to learn technical material to accomplish necessary objectives
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the production functions within an organization.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task several priorities and possess solid time management skills.
- MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as master schedules, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Strong ability to organize, handle, and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with internal and external customer to understand needs and concerns.
- Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area.
- Must be a team player and have sound judgment.
- Able to bring organization out of chaos
- Able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments and represent different points of view.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 1 year
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
We are committed to hiring staff who not only reflect the diversity of Peel Region, but who will also foster the success of our student population by...
The Call Taker is responsible for taking and responding to telephone calls for police assistance. Requires education/knowledge reflecting a greater degree of...
David Roberts Food 4 Positions available for Panned Candy Operator that coats nuts Day Shift 7am - 4pm Afternoon Shift 4pm - 1 am Operating our copper...
Initiate and encourage partnerships with various agencies such as social service agencies, community organizations, volunteer groups, and community based...
Ability to serve customers with a welcoming attitude. Take down orders correctly. Searching (full or part time) for a willing and eager person to control...
Our guest service agents register clients into the computer system, verify reservation requests, address, and credit information and ensure that the foundation...
Basic understanding of shipping/receiving including experience working in a warehouse. Working in a clean warehouse environment....
If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in...
We offer medical and dental benefits, profit sharing, employee discount for products and vehicle repair, plus a great working environment!...
Air Traffic Operations Specialists review and disseminate flight data that is required by air traffic controllers to ensure the safe, orderly, and expeditious...