Administrative Assistant Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Canadian Security Intelligence Service Recruitment 2017The incumbent is accountable for providing a range of administrative support services to management.
- Assist the unit Head/DG by examining, analysing, coordinating and organizing the administrative support work for the Branch.
- Prepare and process various administration requests such as training, human resources, accommodation, office equipment, information and technology, security and strategic planning.
- Liaise with managers/employees on expenditures by ensuring that they comply with policies and regulations and that funds are available. In the case of AR, the administrative support officer will be required to liaise on occasion with external partners, including other government departments, police forces and security departments.
- Research information and analyse situation to identify trends, causes, interrelations and anticipate problems.
- Act as a resource person by providing advice and policy interpretation to managers, employees and external candidates.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of experience*
- College diploma and two (2) years of experience *
- High school diploma and ten (10) years of experience *
Experience *Experience in providing administrative support such as:
- Plan and organize the administrative work by maintaining controlling and logging of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Organize and maintain a tracking system for diary dates;
- Organize appointments and meetings according to priorities by arranging and scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and/or gathering appropriate documentation.
- One (1) year of experience in dealing with managers and employees at all levels.
- Two (2) years of experience in providing client services.
Competencies Adaptability/Flexibility, Client Service, Initiative, Organizational Skills/Multitasking, Professionalism and Communication Skills.
Who Can Apply Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Security Requirements Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to a zero tolerance illegal drug use from the time you submit your application.
Language Requirements Bilingual imperative (BBB, CBC)
Salary Range $51,930 - $63,180 (under review). Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We Also Offer Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
Location Ottawa (Ontario)
Employment Conditions Term position with the possibility of an extension or an indeterminate offer after one (1) year.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Draft memorandums, letters, correspondence and reports, ensuring internal and external meeting requests are met, as well as receiving and distributing incoming...
The Central Receptionist also provides a broad range of clerical/reception support to all components of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre....
Required license or certification:. We want to increase our contributions to the community and do good to make everyone’s quality of life the best that it can...
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups._. The Ottawa Marriott is also committed to selection based on merit...
First Aid and CPR certification an asset. Provide friendly and attentive service demonstrating Porter values....
We also run important community services processing benefits, taxes, assist low income people to process forms, and connect with additional community...
West end busy Pediatric office seeking an energetic and professional team member to welcome all of our patients and their families....