Research Assistant Job Opening in Ladysmith, BC - Stz'uminus First Nation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stz'uminus First Nation is a speedily growing business in Ladysmith, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in December 2017 Stz'uminus First Nation is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Stz'uminus First Nation opens job chance for Research Assistant located in Ladysmith, BC. This chance has been opened at the start of December 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Research Assistant, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Research Assistant December 2017Stz'uminus First Nation Ladysmith, BC
The Stz’uminus First Nation (SFN) is seeking two Research Assistants (RA’s) to work with the Researcher: Title & Rights in the ongoing development of the SFN’s archive and Geographic Information System (GIS).
In this full-time temporary position, the RA’s will gain valuable hands-on experience in research and archival methods as well as several weeks of training in GIS and Traditional Use Study (TUS) methodologies.
If you are organized and detail-oriented, with good writing skills, and have an interest in history and culture, please do not hesitate to apply for this excellent opportunity. The Stz’uminus First Nation looks forward to hearing from you!
- Scan, review, and summarize various types of documents; catalogue items using Excel spreadsheets.
- Transcribe, map, and code knowledge-holder interviews on an ongoing basis (training provided).
- Maintain consistent file-naming and file-folder structure for both hardcopy and computer files.
- Operate audio and video recording equipment during interviews with Elders and knowledge holders; upload, organize, and file the recordings following consistent file-naming and file-folder structure.
- Assist as requested with various administration departments’ research and archive tasks.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently for long periods.
- Good reading, writing, and typing skills, with attention to punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Experience working with computers and within a Microsoft Windows operating system environment.
- Experience entering information into spreadsheet or data-entry programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning and applying new computer programs, technology, and skills.
- Experience in an administrative, office, research, or archival setting.
- Experience with GIS database systems, such as Google Earth, QGIS, and ArcGIS.
- Hul’q’umi’num language knowledge and training.
- Experience with video and photo editing software (e.g., Premiere Pro, iMovie, MovieMaker Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, or Inkscape.)
- Experience with basic coding languages such as HTML and CSS and Content Management Systems such as Wordpress and Drupal.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 4:00 pm on September 29, 2017 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Stz’uminus First Nation
12611A Trans Canada Hwy.
Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1M5
No phone inquiries please.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Ladysmith, BC
- High school or equivalent
- administrative, office or research: 1 year
- basic coding languages: 1 year
- GIS database: 1 year
- video and photo editing: 1 year
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Research Assistant. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license. Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and the appropriate class of...
Handles cash and receipts for the sale of merchandise by performing duties such as counting the float, balancing cash, providing change, sorting and securing...
Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Required license or certification:. Vetting phone calls and answer inquiries as and when appropriate and...
Applicants will have completed Grade 12, plus a minimum 6 month Applied Business Technology or Administrative Assistant training program at an accredited...
1 warehouse worker two days a week or more with a class 5 license. Required license or certification:. Class 5 Operators License....
As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative...
Valid BC Driver’s License. As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of...
Shift times will vary from store to store but can include starting as early as 5 am and possible overnight shifts based on store needs and time of year....
The provincial Aquaculture program within the West Coast region of the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is...