Research Assistant Job Opening in Ladysmith, BC - Stz'uminus First Nation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stz'uminus First Nation is a growing company in Ladysmith, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in November 2017 Stz'uminus First Nation is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Stz'uminus First Nation opens job chance of Research Assistant put in Ladysmith, BC. This chance has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering Research Assistant, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Research Assistant November 2017Stz'uminus First Nation Ladysmith, BC
The Stz’uminus First Nation (SFN) is seeking two Research Assistants (RA’s) to work with the Researcher: Title & Rights in the ongoing development of the SFN’s archive and Geographic Information System (GIS).
In this full-time temporary position, the RA’s will gain valuable hands-on experience in research and archival methods as well as several weeks of training in GIS and Traditional Use Study (TUS) methodologies.
If you are organized and detail-oriented, with good writing skills, and have an interest in history and culture, please do not hesitate to apply for this excellent opportunity. The Stz’uminus First Nation looks forward to hearing from you!
- Scan, review, and summarize various types of documents; catalogue items using Excel spreadsheets.
- Transcribe, map, and code knowledge-holder interviews on an ongoing basis (training provided).
- Maintain consistent file-naming and file-folder structure for both hardcopy and computer files.
- Operate audio and video recording equipment during interviews with Elders and knowledge holders; upload, organize, and file the recordings following consistent file-naming and file-folder structure.
- Assist as requested with various administration departments’ research and archive tasks.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently for long periods.
- Good reading, writing, and typing skills, with attention to punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Experience working with computers and within a Microsoft Windows operating system environment.
- Experience entering information into spreadsheet or data-entry programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning and applying new computer programs, technology, and skills.
- Experience in an administrative, office, research, or archival setting.
- Experience with GIS database systems, such as Google Earth, QGIS, and ArcGIS.
- Hul’q’umi’num language knowledge and training.
- Experience with video and photo editing software (e.g., Premiere Pro, iMovie, MovieMaker Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, or Inkscape.)
- Experience with basic coding languages such as HTML and CSS and Content Management Systems such as Wordpress and Drupal.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 4:00 pm on September 29, 2017 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Stz’uminus First Nation
12611A Trans Canada Hwy.
Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1M5
No phone inquiries please.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Ladysmith, BC
- High school or equivalent
- administrative, office or research: 1 year
- basic coding languages: 1 year
- GIS database: 1 year
- video and photo editing: 1 year
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Research Assistant. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Post Office Specialists will assist customers in all areas of the Post Office including but not limited to mailing letters and parcels, providing assistance...
8 weeks, though future ongoing employment could be available.Work day starts at 8am weekdays with weekends off, though workload may dictate extra weekend work...
Broken Coast is a federally licensed producer of cannabis under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), located in Duncan, BC....
This position provides administrative and coordination support for the development department and the volunteer program....
An ability to develop great working relationships with others and a dedication to providing exceptional service is essential....
Our global network of sales agents assist customers around the world in such industries as aquaculture, search and rescue, security/law enforcement and hydro...
Dishwashing Kitchen clean up Janitor's assistant Job Type: Part...
MSP, Dental, Prescription, Eye care, Emergency Medical incidents, short-term/long-term disabilities, and more....
A valid driver's license, preferred. Uniform garments, carpeted floor mats, heavy duty rubber floor mats, dust mops, shop towels, aprons, hand soap products,...