Business Support Technician Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Rogers Communications Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Rogers Communications is a growing company in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in March 2017 Rogers Communications is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Rogers Communications opens job chance for Business Support Technician located in Brampton, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of March 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're interested in Business Support Technician, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Business Support Technician March 2017Rogers Communications Brampton, ON
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal –serve our customers better.
Rogers Brampton Call Center is looking for Business Technical Support Agents to start on February 6, 2017. Do you have experience with Internet and telephony services? Are you looking for a technical career path with one of Canada’s top 100 employers? Join the Rogers Business Technical Support team today.
The Business Technical Support organization provides technical support to Rogers small and medium business customers for all Rogers Wireline products and services. We act as a single point of contact for service assurance, manage customer relations & SLA commitments, and act as an advocate on behalf of the customer for all of their technology issues.
As a Business Support Technician, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly motivated and collaborative team environment, enabling you to enhance your technical knowledge, troubleshooting, and communication skills to a level where you can apply them in the development of world-class customer solutions.
- You will receive fully paid training (mandatory full time attendance during the session)
- You will have access to a wide range of benefits (medical and dental) and the opportunity to participate in a pension plan, a group RRSP and a stock ownership program
- We believe in developing our employees – you will have line of sight to a rewarding career with growth opportunities in the areas of Chat Support, Problem Coordinator, M2M and Network support.
- Effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously while meeting expected deadlines
- Provide technical support for resolution including, equipment functionality, configuration and repair, account provisioning, application support, and network connectivity
- Educate customers on new releases and/or possible updates on their products
- Establish a strong partnership with our business customers and act as the customer’s advocate during outages, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction through a strong communication process
- Ensure that all customer interactions are thoroughly documented within the ICM system
- Take accountability to effectively solve issues from beginning to end
- Take the initiative to identify opportunities or problems and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Receive and incorporate feedback to improve personal and business performance
- Actively contribute and promote departmental business deliverables both current and future
- Contribute to Rogers’ knowledge assets
- RF and PC connectivity for dynamic and static IP customers
- End User Agreement violation support on behalf of Network Security
- Creating service calls for field technicians to resolve RF and equipment issues
- Liaising with field operations to identify single and multiple-fault issues
- Supporting technicians in the field to ensure successful installs/upgrades
- DHCP and DNS troubleshooting
- Reverse DNS configuration for static IP customers
- Degraded performance analysis
- Escalations to Service, Maintenance and other support groups for ongoing issues
- Network analysis to identify customer-impacting events and call drivers
- Wi-Fi troubleshooting and configuration for Rogers gateways
- Rogers Yahoo Webmail features and POP client configuration
- Working closely with Business Service Delivery, Small Business Premium Support and sales teams
Web Hosting support including:
- Web hosting including DNS management and full dashboard support
- Support for hosted email accounts for issues related to spam and security
- Domain registration and renewal
- DNS records and zone file updates
- FTP(via web/client/dashboard)
- Announcer Pro
- Easy Mail setup for managing of email IDs
- POP/IMAP/SMTP configuration and troubleshooting
- IBLC/SOHO digital phone services including all features and multiline hunt group configuration
- Configuration and instruction on all DPS features offered by Rogers
- Provide assistance in using Business Message Centre
- RF connectivity troubleshooting and escalation
- Escalations for provisioning and ported numbers issues
- IPFax end-to-end support including use of web fax service and troubleshooting as well as report generation
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of IP technology and networking
- Experience with web and mail client configuration and requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of DNS and domain hosting
- Understanding of Wi-Fi technology and standards
- Experience with basic network security and best practices
- Familiarity with telephony standards and features
- Strong analytical skills and ability to design and present solutions
- Agility and adaptability to change management
- Proven diplomacy and soft skills to manage internal and customer relationships
- Effective communications skills both written and oral
- Demonstrated positive attitude and facility with self-directed learning
- Post-Secondary education in a related technology or telecommunications field
- Possess A+, Network+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) and Cisco certification: CCENT/CCT/CCNA is an asset
- Expertise in Microsoft and Apple computing platforms (Windows and MOC OS X)
- Knowledge of Wireline network topology
- Availability to work flexible shifts (including evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays) in an environment operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Team player coupled with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Excellent Keyboarding skills
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task (type and talk, type and listen)
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Call Centre Operations & Technical Support
Requisition ID: 95361
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
Why Rogers? Because we believe the best is yet to come.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Call Centre || Canada (CA) || ON || Brampton || None ||
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use Business Support Technician. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job