Sub Foreman (Supervisor), Precast Concrete Job Opening in Nanaimo, BC - Armtec LP Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec LP is a rapidly growing company in Nanaimo, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in October 2017 Armtec LP is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Armtec LP opens job opportunity for Sub Foreman (Supervisor), Precast Concrete placed in Nanaimo, BC. This prospect has been opened at the start of October 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Sub Foreman (Supervisor), Precast Concrete, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Sub Foreman (Supervisor), Precast Concrete October 2017Armtec LP Nanaimo, BC
Armtec is a leading global infrastructure and construction materials company that combines creative engineered solutions, relevant advice, dedicated people, proven products and a national presence with a local focus on exceptional customer service. We have approximately 1,700 employees within our 43 locations in Canada, including production facilities and offices in every region. We have a global customer base with projects around the world.
About the Job:
Armtec has an immediate and exciting, opportunity for a regular full-time, unionized, Chargehand in our Structural Bay at our Richmond, BC pre-cast facility. Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor you will work, in collaboration, with Plant Manager, Production Manager, Supervisors and Managers, plant employees, and other supporting departments as well as outside contractors. You must be able to effectively work independently and be a highly motivated, hardworking individual who has a passion for leading a team. In this position you will be promoting a safety culture, leading by example, with integrity, while demonstrating good work ethics and complying with all safety regulations, 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
Major responsibilities and challenges:
- Safety is our main priority; with that in mind, it is your responsibility to foster and promote a safety culture within your department
- Responsible for promoting and supporting a work environment where people are respected and treated with dignity and provide opportunities for learning and advancement
- Assist Structural Bay Production Supervisor with work plans, SWP development, time cards and training
- Oversee all activities related to form set up, changes to concrete ordering and coordination among different crews
- In collaboration with Production Supervisor assist with determining the required crew size and timing of/for required shifts
- Ensures crews and timelines are set up in a manner to which conflicts or potential conflicts in scheduling, staffing, equipment, materials and facility use are avoided. Takes initiative to prevent and or resolve any issues in these areas that may arise
- Actively participates in plant and regional process improvements and standardizations
- Lead and train Leadhands and their crews and be involved in creating or revising standards and procedures
- Communicates directly with Leadhands to coordinate work; including assisting Leadhands in task analysis, planning and scheduling
- Provide work performance feedback directly to the workers on the crew and act as a communication liaison between the individuals and Foreman/Supervisor responsible
- Provide objective work performance feedback as required as well as be an active participant in completing employee evaluations
- Perform quality inspections including but not limited to: re-pour and post-pour inspection as well as completing of all required documentation
- Completes other related duties and/or projects as assigned
- Work closely with production teams and crews to ensure a high level of safety, teamwork, process improvement, quality and timelines are adhered to
- Collaborates with the Production Supervisor and multiple different departments within the plant
Work Site Environment:
- Safety is highest priority: steel toed boots and other PPE mandatory
- Fast paced, high productivity
- Hazards include noise, dust, and heavy equipment
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role leading teams of individuals
- Approximately 5 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of success
- Must have a secondary school diploma, or GED equivalent (post-secondary preferred)
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment and experience providing direct supervision to staff
- Technical experience in pre-stressed/precast architectural concrete is a strong and desired asset
- Ability to read blueprints
- Computer familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite; uses appropriate software and intranet/internet applications and systems to manage work and increase productivity and efficiency
- Strong communicator who possesses well rounded listening, verbal and written abilities
- Uses sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions that consider both short and long term risks, impacts and outcomes
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Ability to maintain positive approach to problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to lead and manage a crew
- Must lead by example in all aspects of the job with a focus on Safety, Quality & time-management
- Must be willing to work all shifts required
- Must be committed to growth and continuous improvement
Physical Effort – Time is spent in a plant atmosphere and outdoors, depending upon priorities of the day. Requires frequent periods of bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Attention – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required at all times. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present. Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the plant and shipping yard.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results. Occasional extra pressure can be experienced as a result of unforeseen events and decisions creating conflict.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and training opportunities. Compensation is based on the collective agreement, qualifications and experience; benefits are provided through the Union.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence with your resume. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. For more information about Armtec, please visit our website at www.armtec.com .
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Supervising: 2 years
- Manufacturing: 5 years
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Sub Foreman (Supervisor), Precast Concrete. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
On behalf of our client, Cinnabar Valley Farms Ltd, located in Nanaimo, BC, we are searching for an Inventory Control Manager to join their island proud and 2nd...
The position will also coordinate with the Manager, Training and Development on stakeholder engagement, focus groups, and client outreach in the development of...
No Phone Calls please. Budget Self Storage, a leader in the self storage industry, is looking for an individual with a “Can Do” attitude along with good...
Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services (YFPS) is mandated to provide inpatient and outpatient Court-ordered and Court-related assessment and treatment services to...
The Office Clerk would be responsible for a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to, answering incoming phone calls, handling customer inquiries,...
This is a casual position (union) but can lead into a line quickly for the right person. We are looking for good people....
Typing skills of at least 40 wpm. Very close community. Outbound calls to patients who have not made contact for over 60 days....
Must have a valid BC Driver’s license with clean driving abstract (proof required). Promptly answer and make phone calls interacting with the public,...
Certification as a Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist is an asset; Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, and working collaboratively...