Grower Job Opening in Duncan, BC - United Greeneries Recruitment 2018The Grower will report to the Production Manager/Head Grower and will assist the Production Manager in managing facility environmental conditions, plant health, yields, propagation, production scheduling, watering, plant maintenance, scouting, harvesting, drying, curing, sanitization, packaging, and inventory. He/she will work together with the Production Manager and Production Team to ensure that all ACMPR guidelines and company's Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to by all production staff.
Job outline and responsibilities:
- Assist in production scheduling
- Track genetics of plant material
- Help to manage all phases of plant growth
- Selecting and apply appropriate plant nutrients
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting nutrient deficiencies or toxicities in plants
- Monitoring Nutrient levels for all irrigations
- Scouting plants for signs pests and disease
- Apply biological controls for plant pests
- Ordering Production Supplies
- Assist in monitoring of environmental conditions for optimal plant growth
- Participate in harvest and post-harvest production (trimming, drying, curing, and packaging)
- Participate as needed, in meetings with Senior Management Team
- Ensure cleanliness of facility at all times
- Keep daily records for production accuracy
- Help to ensure that the security measures are maintained
- Comply with all Health Canada regulations, audits, and inspections of grow facility
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- A strong agricultural background with minimum of 2 years commercial grow experience with experience in commercial plant cultivation environment
- Knowledge of commercial plant cultivation with understanding in nutrients/ grow mediums/ light requirements and environmental controls etc
- Proficient understanding of plant products and related test methodology. Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options
- Knowledge of grow processes, including : cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, and inventory management
- Familiar with preventative maintenance and elimination of types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, etc
- Ability to work with a team and work independently with great care
- Show a high degree of flexibility and outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. Height, heat, high intensity lighting.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, ability to stand for long durations and physically fit enough to do labor for full shifts.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background check with the RCMP.
- Valid Food-safe Certification Preferred.
United Greeneries Benefits Plan
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Post Office Specialists will assist customers in all areas of the Post Office including but not limited to mailing letters and parcels, providing assistance...
Assists in the development of complex return to work plans based on medical information and/or functional restrictions....
Providing desk reception, including handling telephone inquiries, scheduling appointments, arranging for patient referral to specialists, special tests, and...
A valid BC Driver's License is required. With 47 ports of call, 35 vessels, and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned...
Must have Canadian citizenship, landed immigrant status or valid work visa to be considered for this position....
Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence. Works closely with the communications and engagement team and project staff to develop, prepare and/or update project...
We are looking for event support staff for activation set up on Thursday January 17th and tear down on Sunday January 21st....
No phone calls please. Present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanour. Attending to guests' requests for extra supplies....
Maintains financial records including deposits, cheque preparation, all Quick Book entries, payroll and Receiver General, reconcile bank statements, balance...