Grower Job Opening in Duncan, BC - United Greeneries Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - United Greeneries is a rapidly growing firm in Duncan, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in November 2017 United Greeneries is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. United Greeneries opens job opportunity for Grower placed in Duncan, BC. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Grower, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Grower November 2017United Greeneries Duncan, BC
Job outline and responsibilities:
- Assist in production scheduling
- Track genetics of plant material
- Help to manage all phases of plant growth
- Selecting and apply appropriate plant nutrients
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting nutrient deficiencies or toxicities in plants
- Monitoring Nutrient levels for all irrigations
- Scouting plants for signs pests and disease
- Apply biological controls for plant pests
- Ordering Production Supplies
- Assist in monitoring of environmental conditions for optimal plant growth
- Participate in harvest and post-harvest production (trimming, drying, curing, and packaging)
- Participate as needed, in meetings with Senior Management Team
- Ensure cleanliness of facility at all times
- Keep daily records for production accuracy
- Help to ensure that the security measures are maintained
- Comply with all Health Canada regulations, audits, and inspections of grow facility
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- A strong agricultural background with minimum of 2 years commercial grow experience with experience in commercial plant cultivation environment
- Knowledge of commercial plant cultivation with understanding in nutrients/ grow mediums/ light requirements and environmental controls etc
- Proficient understanding of plant products and related test methodology. Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options
- Knowledge of grow processes, including : cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, and inventory management
- Familiar with preventative maintenance and elimination of types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, etc
- Ability to work with a team and work independently with great care
- Show a high degree of flexibility and outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. Height, heat, high intensity lighting.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, ability to stand for long durations and physically fit enough to do labor for full shifts.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background check with the RCMP.
- Valid Food-safe Certification Preferred.
United Greeneries Benefits Plan
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Grower. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Post Office Specialists will assist customers in all areas of the Post Office including but not limited to mailing letters and parcels, providing assistance...
A valid BC Driver's License is required. With 47 ports of call and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company...
Broken Coast is a federally licensed producer of cannabis under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), located in Duncan, BC....
This position provides administrative and coordination support for the development department and the volunteer program....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Dishwashing Kitchen clean up Janitor's assistant Job Type: Part...
Answering a high volume of calls and inquiries and directing them to the appropriate person. Filing, data entry and general office duties....
Valid driver’s license class 5 is required – This is mandatory because there is no public transit where we live (rural area)....
If you have good cash handling abilities, and are efficient and knowledgeable in cash register operations, scanning and bagging techniques, then we have the...