Consultant, Disability Mangement Job Opening in Vancouver Island, BC - Vancouver Island Health Authority Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Vancouver Island Health Authority is a growing company in Vancouver Island, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in December 2017 Vancouver Island Health Authority is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Vancouver Island Health Authority opens job chance for Consultant, Disability Mangement put in Vancouver Island, BC. This option has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Consultant, Disability Mangement, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Consultant, Disability Mangement December 2017Vancouver Island Health Authority Vancouver Island, BC
Working within a multi-disciplinary Occupational Health & Safety team, the Consultant, Disability Management, plays a key role in the promotion and maintenance of a healthy, productive workforce within VIHA. Reporting to the Team Leader, Disability Case Management, the Disability Management Consultant (DMC) is responsible for complex case management for the rehabilitation of ill/injured employees through the development, negotiation and implementation of rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation, return to work, as well as coordination and facilitation of the Medical Duty to Accommodate (MDTA) process, including any other collectively bargained programs. The DMC provides consultation and coaching to managers and other stakeholders on all aspects of employee illness and injury.
The DMC educates and promotes early return to work and modified work arrangements to managers, unions and affected employees; communicates with external health care providers; develops appropriate return to work plans based on medical information and/or functional restrictions/limitations; coordinates and facilitates complex return to work meetings; educates managers on their obligations under BC Human Rights legislation and facilitates the Medical Duty to Accommodate process; monitors and evaluates return to work plans; maintains accurate records and utilizes appropriate software to record information and practices effective case management. May also assume a variety of projects as assigned.
The DMC is the organizational expert providing influence, leadership and education to managers on the benefits of job and worksite modifications required to maintain ill or injured employees in productive, meaningful work.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a health science discipline related to disability management and/or occupational health. Five or more years of recent related occupational health experience in complex case management, disability claims management, and experience and knowledge with MDTA processes in a health care, multi-union and/or a similarly complex organization OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
COMPETENCIES – Leadership Level 1 (2012)
Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations
• Demonstrates understanding of own role and responsibilities
• Demonstrates awareness of own strengths and limitations
• Recognizes when an issue or situation is beyond own knowledge or ability
Takes responsibility for own performance and health
• Prioritizes own work and workload
• Informs others when support is required
• Balances competing work demands to maintain personal health
Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth
• Actively seeks feedback about personal performance from a variety of sources
• Identifies areas for specific self improvement
• Participates in projects or other opportunities that build knowledge and skills
Models qualities such as: honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence
• Builds trust by being reliable
• Inspires others through own positive attitude and energy
• Takes responsibility for own decisions and actions
Fosters the Development of Others
Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals
• Works with staff to identify their development needs
• Provides staff with necessary support to engage in development
• Helps staff access the necessary support to engage in development
• Helps staff access the necessary information, resources and opportunities for personal and professional growth
Contributes to the Creation of a Healthy Organization
Creates an engaging environment where others have meaningful opportunities to contribute and the resources to fulfill their expected responsibilities
• Engages staff to work toward the organization's goals
• Makes people feel comfortable in expressing their opinions and perspectives
• Acknowledges successful performance of others
Listens well. Encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media
• Listens actively to others
• Demonstrates respect for the opinions of others
• Expresses information and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
Builds Effective Teams
Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results
• Establishes shared expectations for team behaviour
• Supports teams in setting realistic goals and objectives
• Establishes methods for teams to effectively resolve conflict
Inspires vision. Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes
• Fosters commitment to the organization's vision, mission and values
• Develops a clear plan that outlines key milestones, timelines and expectations for achieving goals
• Reference best practices when setting direction
Strategically Aligns Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence
Integrates organizational mission, values, and reliable evidence to make decisions
• Engages employees to ensure they understand how decisions relate to the organization's Strategic direction and their work
• Makes decisions that align with best practices and the organization's core values
• Takes action to address challenges in achieving the organizational vision
Takes Action to Implement Decisions
Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service
• Identifies required resources to meet desired goals and objectives
• Keeps staff focused on the desired objectives
• Identifies when change in direction is required
Assesses and Evaluates Results
Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds self and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks. Corrects course as appropriate
• Creates effective plans for evaluating results
• Monitors progress against objectives
• Ensures that results are communicated to all stakeholders
Builds Partnerships and Networks to Create Results
Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups
• Identifies stakeholders integral to achieving improved outcomes
• Maintains a network of key contacts both internal and external to the organization
• Actively consults with experts, specialists and others to learn different perspectives
Demonstrates a Commitment to Customers and Service
Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives to improve service
• Engages in open communications with customers to identify their needs
• Ensures delivery of high quality service to customers
• Advocates for improved customer service
Employs methods to gather intelligence. Encourages open exchange of information. Uses quality evidence to influence action across the system
• Encourages staff to use evidence-based information in their work
• Encourages the open sharing of information with groups across the organization
• Uses a variety of tools and techniques to gather information
Navigates Socio-Political Environments
Is politically astute. Negotiates through conflict. Mobilizes support
• Demonstrates an understanding about when it is appropriate to "push" a particular issue
• Supports others in the appropriate resolution of conflict
• Identifies when a situation requires a higher level of attention
Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking
Thinks analytically and conceptually; questions and challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems, and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders
• Develops a logical framework for problem solving
• Explores different options before making decisions
• Considers the impact of decisions on people, processes and services
Encourages and Supports Innovation
Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systemic change
• Evaluates existing practices and procedures against evidence-based best practice
• Seeks out fresh ideas and original solutions to key issues
• Encourages team members to share their ideas for improving existing practices or addressing challenges
Strategically Oriented to the Future
Scans the environment for ideas, best practices, and emerging trends that will shape the system
• Stays informed of industry trends especially those related to service delivery
• Identifies opportunities to bring new ideas into practice
• Implements improvement processes to test effectiveness of new approaches
Champions and Orchestrates Change
Actively contributes to change processes that improve health service delivery
• Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change
• Helps others deal with their reactions to change
• Measures change benefits relative to their impact on customers
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Consultant, Disability Mangement. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a...
Assist UPS Drivers in delivering packages and providing customer service near or around their local areas....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Valid BC Driver's License. Directs the effective and efficient use of available resources, including alignment/realignment of staffing resources, providing...
Possess a valid driver’s license. This drop box allows you to register with Catalyst Paper and submit a resume for consideration in our Crofton Division paper...
Certificate of competency as a 4th Class Power Engineer. Graduation from a recognized program in power engineering, plus two years' recent related experience or...
Valid BC Driver’s License. As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of...
Applicants will have completed Grade 12, plus a minimum 6 month Applied Business Technology or Administrative Assistant training program at an accredited...
Responsible for assisting the Director of Activities in planning, scheduling and coordinating meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interests of...