Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a quickly growing organization in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in April 2017 Stantec is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Stantec opens job chance of Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) positioned in Vancouver, BC. This option has been opened at the beginning of April 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're considering Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) April 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email email@example.com if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Research and development of potential new clients. Assist with set-up of sales trips and all follow-up data entry and sales reports....
Retains files on work orders, proposals, and service files. Provides reports on open and closed work orders and verifies status with the appropriate technician...
With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the...
BC - Vancouver - Vancouver International Airport. Provide information and answer questions from passengers on the flight or their experience on board;...
Provide information and answer questions from passengers on the flight or their experience on board; Air Transat - Air transportation....
Possess a valid driver’s license. Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence,...
The Recreation division provides innovative recreational and cultural programs and services that support healthy active living to meet the needs of our...
Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia, Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement, is required along with a clean driver’s abstract....
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components for people to live long, healthy and fun lives....