Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in June 2017 Stantec is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Stantec opens job chance of Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) positioned in Vancouver, BC. This prospect has been opened at the start of June 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're interested in Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the conditions and terms below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) June 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Works with Program Administrators to provide information to assist in the resolution of more. From various sources such as electronic files and information data...
Update and maintain website, social media and other forms of digital information. Experience in data entry, a strong understanding of Microsoft programs and...
Administrative duties include scanning, filing and escorting visitors within the building. Performs a variety of clerical tasks that include processing...
As the preferred applicant you have completed Grade 10 and the Basic Life Support and Level “C” CPR certificate....
Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7, Fax:. Please submit your resume by 5 p.m. Monday, May 15, 2017 to Director of Human Resources,....
In *Richmond (YVR), BC*. Watch these videos of UPSers providing unstoppable service to our customers:. Within our Vancouver Hub Operations near the Vancouver...
Posts accounts receivable invoices and credit notes; Meaningful Work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first- responders across B.C....
No phone calls please. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects...
40 wpm typing with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain records with a high degree of accuracy. May 25, 2017, addressed to the attention of Linda...