Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in September 2017 Stantec is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Stantec opens job opportunity for Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) placed in Vancouver, BC. This prospect has been opened at the start of September 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're thinking about Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the conditions and terms below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) September 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to be responsible for developing and furthering the company's brand through the creation of collateral, promotional...
We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply....
Consistently write social media posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and eventually Instagram for all of our brands (Universal Flagging, Universal Landscaping,...
Acting as the first point of contact for YVRPM, answering phones, handling walk-in inquiries, booking boardrooms, dispatching couriers and other related...
With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the...
Valid and current BC Driver's Licence (clean records). Established local import company based in Burnaby is hiring a young and energetic Warehouse Helper, who...
Processing Incoming / Outgoing mail. Once upon a time, 30 years of roll-up-the-sleeves experience managing strata property came together with the ingenuity of...
Ohmore Media is looking for journalist, who is keen to hunt for subjects that Ohmore can use for our short documentaries on social media....
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, works as a member of a...