Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in May 2017 Stantec is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Stantec opens job opportunity for Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) placed in Vancouver, BC. This option has been opened at the beginning of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the terms and conditions below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) May 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide customer service excellence as first point of contact to all incoming BCRPA inquiries Manage registration for BCPRA’s professional development events,...
Holder of a current BC Class 5 Driver's License. Demonstrated computer literacy in the use of personal computers, including data entry skills....
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC, works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centres in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton...
Processes various types of mail by performing duties such as receiving envelopes and parcels, sorting according to delivery requirements, placing mail on...
Answers the department telephone and refers calls as required. Reporting to the Supervisor, Switchboard/Information Desk/Mailroom, performs duties related to...
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives....
A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record are required. Driver License and Record Checks....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Home to the BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events;...