Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in August 2017 Stantec is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Stantec opens job opportunity for Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) put in Vancouver, BC. This chance has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) August 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet....
System connecting Downtown Vancouver with central Richmond and the Vancouver International. PROTRANS BC OPERATIONS LTD....
Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required. The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class...
Business, project, market and process strategies and improvements. Margin and cash improvement activities across the business, including the....
University degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Participates in the conduct of clinical trials and...
Must possess a valid driver’s license for the province in which you will be employed. Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license....
Following weekly community events and suggesting events that correlate to our own events for flyering and poster distribution purposes....
Vancouver Bike Share Inc, a subsidiary of CycleHop, North America’s largest smart bike share operator, is looking for a social media coordinator for all...
Broadway/Alberta St., Vancouver. Friendly, non-corporate atmosphere • Easily accessible by transit. The ideal applicant will be honest and enthusiastic, with a...