Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is an evergrowing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in January 2017 Stantec is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Stantec opens job chance for Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) located in Vancouver, BC. This option has been opened at the start of January 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the terms and conditions below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) January 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email email@example.com if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and...
You will be responsible for performing high volumes of data entry by interpreting and transcribing relevant data from various documents, and consolidating and...
The Part-time Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative and clerical support to the team including preparing...
Conduct a high volume of routine and frequent data entry for budget and customer relationship management tracking....
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated...
Required license or certification:. A copy of your Serving it Right certificate. Attend our Hiring Fair on January 19, from 4:00 - 8:00 pm to visit with us and...
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community....
Keen interest in and understanding of current events, local community issues and political structures. Canada , BC , Vancouver....