Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Stantec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Stantec is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in December 2017 Stantec is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Stantec opens job chance of Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) positioned in Vancouver, BC. This prospect has been opened at the start of December 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) December 2017Stantec Vancouver, BC
In our downtown Vancouver office, we have an integrated group of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists and Architectural team members focused on projects within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food processing, warehousing and distribution centres, vehicle maintenance facilities, component manufacturing and assembly facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects.
Your Duties: We have a new opportunity for an Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT) . This is an excellent opportunity for an EIT who has an interest in the design of light industrial facilities and is interested in functional planning and layouts of industrial projects. The successful EIT would be involved in the following:
- interact with our clients’ shop users
- develop the process flow and adjacency diagrams
- determine the future requirements
- determine the spaces and areas of the spaces
- determine the industrial equipment and furniture requirements
- layout the facility on the site
- layout the equipment within the facility
- prepare the procurement specifications and drawings for industrial furniture, shop equipment and specialized material handling equipment
- drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit – 30% of the time and
- multi-disciplinary design coordination
Our team demonstrates a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, proactive organization where client service is of highest priority.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with at least one year experience in manufacturing/industrial facility functional layouts , preferably using Lean/IE principles
- Some experience in the specification of industrial/processing equipment is beneficial
- Experience using recent versions of AutoCAD or Revit is required along with MS Project and Visio software
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and people management ability required in working with clients and analyzing their requirements, communicating with shop staff and construction personnel as well as coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and CAD team project efforts
- Excellent ability in writing clear and articulate reports
- Some project management and/or LEED® experience is an asset
- Registration or credentials to register as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGBC
Note : Must be able to travel out of town for multiple days and must have a valid driver’s licence.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Industrial Engineer-in-Training (EIT). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The BCCCS encourages applications from all qualified candidates including/prioritizing women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of...
A valid BC Driver's License is required. With 47 ports of call and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company...
Required license or certification:. A clean criminal record check, a clean drivers abstract, a clean and reliable car, a professional demeanour....
Provides information services regarding the relationship between student records, program applications and course registrations and plays a major role in...
Les candidates et les candidats intéressés sont priés d'appliquer en ligne en attachant leur lettre de présentation en français, une copie de leur curriculum...
Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives....
You have a positive attitude about the work you perform • You take your work seriously, but not yourself • You have graduated high school or recognized...
Agropur offre à ses salariés une rémunération concurrentielle et des avantages pour la santé prolongés après la fin de la période probatoire....
A Valid BC Driver’s Licence is required. Collaborates with the Merchandising team, industry representatives, chefs, authors and media personalities to develop...