Staff Pharmacist - Barrie Job Opening in Barrie, ON - Loblaw Recruitment 2017Company Overview:
Over 13 million Canadians shop with Loblaw every week and we are one of the most successful and financially sound organizations in Canada. With 30 billion in sales and over 1,000 corporate and franchised stores across Canada, Loblaw is committed to providing a wide, growing and successful range of products and services to meet everyday household demands of Canadian consumers. We offer an array of services, including professional pharmacy services. Loblaw Pharmacy provides consistent and valuable pharmaceutical care and enjoys a presence in almost 500 communities spanning 10 provinces and 2 territories, making us one of the top 3 retail pharmacy outlets.
This position reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for receiving, preparing and delivery of Rx accurately and timely. Ensuring adequate inventory levels to meet patient’s needs, and counsel with appropriate documentation to all patients. Provide friendly, positive and pro-active interaction with all internal and external customers as well create awareness and educate customers through public relations.
•Receive, prepare and deliver Rx(medication) accurately and timely to patients
•Ensure medication and over the counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients needs
•Constant counsel of patients in regards to new/additional medications(with appropriate documentation)
•Obtain and review budgeted sales and net contribution
•Identify and report sales opportunities both internally and externally
•Review and control costs at all levels within Loblaw Pharmacy (dispensary)
•Provide on-going training for all new and existing Pharmacy colleagues (technicians, interns, students, IPG’s)
•Attend required and voluntary continuing education workshops as needed
•Provide friendly, positive and pro-active interaction with all internal and external customers
•Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
•Provide timely and positive resolution to patient’s needs and Doctor’s requests/issues
•Ensure pharmacy complies with all legal requirements (Federal & Provincial) and Company’s policies and procedures
•Ensure all ethical and pharmaceutical care models are practiced
•Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all employees
What’s In It For You?
• Lucrative and competitive compensation package
• Annual bonus plan
• Company stock purchase plan
• Employee discount program
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits
• On-going career development and training programs
• Healthy work / life balance - no 24-hour store locations
• A complete health care destination
• Opportunity to work with seasoned professionals
• Participate in our monthly customer clinic day events
• Career growth and development (Our Pharmacy Senior Management Operations Team, consists of current practicing Pharmacists promoted from within our own pharmacies across Canada)
• Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and a Class A Pharmacists license a must
• Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
• Excellent leadership and performance management skills required
• Proven ability to build the business using community based marketing strategies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
• Strong personal computing skills, as well as knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy Computer system a definite asset
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Process customers sales /refunds through POS system (Point of Sales System)Answering customer inquiries, in-person, email and via telephoneAssisting customers...
We are looking for highly self-motivated telephone representatives to contact the public for clothing donations....
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario - Human Resources Department*. Knowledge of basic accounting and experience with banking and handling cash....
Liaising and developing strong and effective partnerships with a wide range of local community resources including the local secondary schools, employment...
Valid driver’s license and vehicle is essential. Participate in agency staff meetings, professional development, and relevant program committees, as required....
A driver’s license and access to a vehicle. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including RSP and Profit Sharing Plans, Fitness Benefits, Flexible...
Be conscientious of offering quality service to our valued customers. Exercise safe lifting best practices and work safely at all times....
Scheduling appointments, taking payment, answering phone inquiries, filing, preparing paperwork, faxing, light housekeeping and other duties as assigned....
Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing. Additionally, this position collaborates with internal partners and external community groups in the...