Intelligence Officer Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Canadian Security Intelligence Service Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Canadian Security Intelligence Service is a speedily growing organization in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in May 2017 Canadian Security Intelligence Service is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Canadian Security Intelligence Service opens job chance of Intelligence Officer located in Ottawa, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of May 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Intelligence Officer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Intelligence Officer May 2017Canadian Security Intelligence Service Ottawa, ON
A career in intelligence is filled with variety and the pursuit of knowledge. IOs work with government partners to identify the intelligence requirements and report the intelligence back to senior government ministers.
The ideal IO is mature and self-confident, excels at both analysis and investigative work; and has the ability to quickly assess situations to take appropriate courses of action. In other words, IOs must be dual in nature – equally capable of research/analysis as well as working within a team to build contacts and networks in various communities. The ability and desire to work in unpredictable situations and in environments of varying threat levels is essential.
Flexibility is a key requirement as IOs are regularly tasked to engage in extensive training and domestic travel, sometimes on short notice and may be required to work irregular hours.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
- A completed* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. *Prior to applying, the Bachelor’s degree must be completed and if applicable, the equivalence obtained.
- Candidates must have a valid and permanent** Canadian driver’s licence at the time of application. ** Permanent Canadian driver’s licence is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 7, Class 6 and Learner’s Permit will not be accepted.
- Candidates must adhere to the zero tolerance illegal drug use policy from the time they submit their application. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense.
- Relocation and Mobility: Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period. Intelligence Officers must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout their career. Intelligence Officers must be willing to travel as required by organizational and operational requirements.
- Candidates must successfully pass the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET)) and are expected to continue to develop their skills through subsequent required trainings and professional development opportunities to be able to progress from a Case Officer into an Investigator role.
Candidates must provide a copy of their resume and demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the mandatory criteria and how their experience*** meets the competencies listed. *** Experience can include but is not limited to work experience, student placements, paid or unpaid internships, life experience, and/or travel experience.
- Good knowledge of the Service’s mandate, threats as defined in the CSIS Act and priorities regarding the security of Canada.
- Good knowledge of both national and international current events and an understanding of how they relate to the Service’s mandate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good judgement, values and ethics
Security Requirements Candidates must be eligible to receive a Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to a zero tolerance illegal drug use from the time you submit your application.
- Bilingual non-imperative BBB/BBB****. **** Candidates who do not meet the language requirement may be eligible for language training.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is an asset.
Salary Range The starting salary is $66,280 progressing to $80,659 (under review) during the professional development program. Annual increments are based on successfully completing training and attaining the required level of performance.
We Also Offer Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
Location Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period.
Intelligence Officers must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout their career.
- Driver’s licence: Valid and permanent Canadian driver’s licence is mandatory throughout an IO’s career. Permanent Canadian driver’s licence is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada).
- The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to the zero tolerance illegal drug use policy from the time you submit your application and be willing to disclose your past drug use.
- Mobility: Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period. You must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout one’s career as an IO.
- To attain permanent (indeterminate) status, candidates must successfully complete the Ottawa-based Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET). You will then enter a 3 year professional development program in the Case Officer role, after which you could progress into the Investigator role.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Intelligence Officer. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Must have a valid Enhanced Clearance. Developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating administrative procedures....
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
The role will include important but perhaps less glamorous duties such as booking travel, scheduling appointments, filing, and general administrative upkeep....
And it means positively impacting customers, your community and the environment. Working here means solid career development....
Check voicemail, answer and make phone calls. Manage social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr). NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE....
Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to work flexible hours and travel both in town and out of town and have access to a reliable vehicle....
Provides administrative support to the Convention, Conferences and Project Officer in the logistical coordination of the Convention, Pre-Convention Committee...
Ces quatre mots orientent tout ce que nous faisons en tant que catalyseur de la diffusion, de la création et de la transmission des savoirs à travers ce grand...