Intelligence Officer Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Canadian Security Intelligence Service Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Canadian Security Intelligence Service is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in January 2017 Canadian Security Intelligence Service is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Canadian Security Intelligence Service opens job chance of Intelligence Officer positioned in Ottawa, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of January 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Intelligence Officer, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Intelligence Officer January 2017Canadian Security Intelligence Service Ottawa, ON
A career in intelligence is filled with variety and the pursuit of knowledge. IOs work with government partners to identify the intelligence requirements and report the intelligence back to senior government ministers.
The ideal IO is mature and self-confident, excels at both analysis and investigative work and has the ability to quickly assess situations to take appropriate courses of action. In other words, IOs must be dual in nature – equally capable of research/analysis as well as working within a team to build contacts and networks in various communities.
Flexibility is a key requirement as IOs are regularly tasked to engage in extensive training and domestic travel, often on short notice with irregular working hours.
The ability and desire to work in unpredictable situations and in environments of varying threat levels are also essential.
Important: Do not discuss your application with others besides your partner, or close family members. They should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
Education A completed* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada**.
* Prior to applying, the Bachelor’s degree must be completed and if applicable, the equivalence obtained.
**Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
Experience Candidates must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience, related to the competencies being sought. This can include, but not limited to, co-op placements and paid or unpaid internships. Life experience/travel within Canada and/or internationally is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Service’s mandate and threats to the security of Canada, as defined in the CSIS Act.
- Good knowledge of current events and how they relate to the Service’s mandate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability, ability to learn and ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Good judgment and self-confidence.
- Motivation for the position and sensitivity to cultural mores of a changing Canadian society.
Who Can Apply Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Security Requirements Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to a zero tolerance illegal drug use from the time you submit your application.
Language Requirements Bilingual non-imperative BBB/BBB.
Knowledge of a foreign language is an asset.
Salary Range The starting salary is $66,280 progressing to $80,650 (under review) during the professional development program. Annual increments are based on successfully completing training and attaining the required level of performance.
Location Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Training Course (IOTC) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period.
Intelligence Officers must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout their career
- Driver’s license : valid and ***permanent Canadian driver’s license (mandatory throughout career).
- The use of illegal drugs : The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use in an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to the zero tolerance illegal drug use policy from the time you submit your application.
- Mobility: be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout one’s career. Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Training Course (IOTC) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period.
- Training : to attain permanent (indeterminate) status, candidates must successfully complete the Ottawa-based Intelligence Officer Training Course (IOTC).
- Development Program : upon completion of the IOTC, IOs then enter a professional development program.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to apply Intelligence Officer. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Able to work independently with a high degree of organization and attention to detail. The role of the administrative assistant is to maintain research...
The Central Receptionist also provides a broad range of clerical/reception support to all components of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre....
You have a valid class G driver's licence or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The candidate is required to successfully complete training on...
Ensure shipping orders are processed properly through shipping product examination, packaging and assembly operations....
Proposes program ideas, suggests and lines up guests or interviewees, prepares background notes and questions, interviews on or off air, and provides narration...
Le/la commis d’étage à la responsabilité de la gestion des dossiers cliniques des patients, de la réservation au préalable des procédures chirurgicales et...
Experience booking appointments, consultations, procedures and filing patients report. Community college diploma or equivalent;...
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
Valid 'G' driver's licence (or equivalent as accepted by the Province of Ontario) with acceptable driving record....