Intelligence Officer Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Canadian Security Intelligence Service Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Canadian Security Intelligence Service is a rapidly growing organization in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in April 2017 Canadian Security Intelligence Service is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Canadian Security Intelligence Service opens job chance of Intelligence Officer placed in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of April 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Intelligence Officer, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Intelligence Officer April 2017Canadian Security Intelligence Service Ottawa, ON
A career in intelligence is filled with variety and the pursuit of knowledge. IOs work with government partners to identify the intelligence requirements and report the intelligence back to senior government ministers.
The ideal IO is mature and self-confident, excels at both analysis and investigative work; and has the ability to quickly assess situations to take appropriate courses of action. In other words, IOs must be dual in nature – equally capable of research/analysis as well as working within a team to build contacts and networks in various communities. The ability and desire to work in unpredictable situations and in environments of varying threat levels is essential.
Flexibility is a key requirement as IOs are regularly tasked to engage in extensive training and domestic travel, sometimes on short notice and may be required to work irregular hours.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
- A completed* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. *Prior to applying, the Bachelor’s degree must be completed and if applicable, the equivalence obtained.
- Candidates must have a valid and permanent** Canadian driver’s licence at the time of application. ** Permanent Canadian driver’s licence is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 7, Class 6 and Learner’s Permit will not be accepted.
- Candidates must adhere to the zero tolerance illegal drug use policy from the time they submit their application. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense.
- Relocation and Mobility: Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period. Intelligence Officers must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout their career. Intelligence Officers must be willing to travel as required by organizational and operational requirements.
- Candidates must successfully pass the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET)) and are expected to continue to develop their skills through subsequent required trainings and professional development opportunities to be able to progress from a Case Officer into an Investigator role.
Candidates must provide a copy of their resume and demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the mandatory criteria and how their experience*** meets the competencies listed. *** Experience can include but is not limited to work experience, student placements, paid or unpaid internships, life experience, and/or travel experience.
- Good knowledge of the Service’s mandate, threats as defined in the CSIS Act and priorities regarding the security of Canada.
- Good knowledge of both national and international current events and an understanding of how they relate to the Service’s mandate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good judgement, values and ethics
Security Requirements Candidates must be eligible to receive a Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to a zero tolerance illegal drug use from the time you submit your application.
- Bilingual non-imperative BBB/BBB****. **** Candidates who do not meet the language requirement may be eligible for language training.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is an asset.
Salary Range The starting salary is $66,280 progressing to $80,659 (under review) during the professional development program. Annual increments are based on successfully completing training and attaining the required level of performance.
We Also Offer Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
Location Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period.
Intelligence Officers must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout their career.
- Driver’s licence: Valid and permanent Canadian driver’s licence is mandatory throughout an IO’s career. Permanent Canadian driver’s licence is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada).
- The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important that you adhere to the zero tolerance illegal drug use policy from the time you submit your application and be willing to disclose your past drug use.
- Mobility: Relocating to Ottawa is mandatory for the initial Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET) and the subsequent three (3) year probation period. You must be willing and able to relocate within Canada at any time throughout one’s career as an IO.
- To attain permanent (indeterminate) status, candidates must successfully complete the Ottawa-based Intelligence Officer Entry Training (IOET). You will then enter a 3 year professional development program in the Case Officer role, after which you could progress into the Investigator role.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Intelligence Officer. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. The Ottawa Marriott is also committed to selection based on merit...
The Social Justice Tribunals Ontario (SJTO) is a cluster of eight adjudicative tribunals with a mandate to resolve applications and appeals brought under nine...
Cultural and educational programs, International Visitor Leadership Program. Certificate, permanent residency card, etc.)....
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. Competence in handling cash and credit card transactions....
Possess a valid driver’s license. Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence,...
Greeting visitors in a courteous and respectful manner; The opening of the Canadian History Hall and ongoing commemorations of the First World War Centenary is...
Driver’s license, an asset Annual salary. Develop and maintain effective working relationship with key individuals and organizations in the community, working...
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit....
Provide administrative support to the director and division staff (e.g., photocopying, faxing, filing, typing correspondence and other documents, entering...