Chief Resilience Officer Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is a speedily growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in October 2017 City of Toronto is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. City of Toronto opens job chance of Chief Resilience Officer positioned in Toronto, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of October 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're enthusiastic about Chief Resilience Officer, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Chief Resilience Officer October 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
The primary responsibility of the CRO is to develop and implement a holistic and cohesive Resilience Strategy for Toronto, and supporting programs, to deliver a sustainable foundation from which to effectively respond to the physical, social, and economic challenges that are a growing part of the 21st century. To successfully do this, this individual will need to interface with executive and managerial levels of City government as well as external agencies and community stakeholders. The CRO will also interact with the 100RC global network of cities, 100RC staff, affiliated Strategic Partners of 100RC and 100RC Platform Partners from the private, public, academic and non-profit sectors.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Lead the development of a comprehensive assessment of current policy, planning and resilience activities, creating a compelling vision for Toronto’s Resilience Strategy to drive engagement, understanding and commitment across all relevant community sectors.
- Create a Resilience Strategy that incorporates and responds to the overarching issues facing Toronto, including fiscal sustainability, global macroeconomic change, inequality, aging infrastructure, lack of affordable housing, transit/transportation challenges, and climate change.
- Ensure that the Resilience Strategy has a clearly defined direction, with specific outcomes and metrics that defines roles and responsibilities for all responsible stakeholder groups.
- Drive the Resilience Strategy development and its implementation in coordination with City Council, corporate operations, community-based initiatives and Provincial policy responses.
- Develop and implement an Action Plan with short and long term priorities (including financial and other funding mechanisms) to deliver the programs and initiatives supporting delivery of the Resilience Strategy outcomes.
- Identify and secure funding to implement priority resilience initiatives, overseeing these initiatives and coordinating activities with other stakeholders, including the wider community.
- Regularly review the Resilience Strategy and identify and recommend opportunities and initiatives for improvement.
- Provide policy and planning advice on resilience concepts and priorities in response to emerging trends and impacts.
- Oversee the implementation of policy and planning activities in collaboration with internal departments and external partners supporting the overall strategic objectives of the Resilience Strategy.
Engagement and Communications
- Inspire, influence and enable the community’s contribution to the development and implementation of Toronto’s Resilience Strategy.
- Serve as the primary representative to the 100 Resilient Cities Network and initial point of contact for other network members.
- Lead a rigorous participatory process inclusive of broad range of stakeholders from both inside and outside city government.
- Communicate and socialize Toronto’s resilience initiatives and accomplishments to local, regional, national and international audiences.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships, networks and partnerships with key stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally.
- Establish and manage partnerships and strategic alliances with key local and regional government stakeholders and across diverse sectors, professional disciplines and communities.
- Contribute expertise and technical knowledge to the 100 Resilient Cities network as a leading global city and active partner nationally and internationally.
- Implement projects and programs identified in the Resilience Strategy together with the pertinent agencies/departments and external partners who may carry out this work.
- Collaborate with 100RC, the affiliated Strategic Partners of 100RC (a consulting firm contracted by 100RC to assist in development of the Resilience Strategy) on making progress toward key milestones.
- Manage project funding and expenditure within scope of allocated budget. Ensure required resources, both human capital and fiscal are allocated for project delivery and implementation.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues and manage contingency options.
- The CRO must be able to inspire, influence and enlist others to meaningfully engage in the development, implementation and evaluation of Toronto’s Resilience Strategy.
- Build meaningful and effective coalitions to work across sectors and institutionalize a resilience approach.
- Facilitate the development of leadership capability across the City of Toronto in driving the resilience vision and objectives.
- Integrate and institutionalize a resilience approach across City government departments and processes.
- Ensure that internal and external stakeholders build strong, collaborative partnerships with each other and across the organization and between groups and coalitions.
- Communicate the vision and priorities of the Resilience Strategy across the City of Toronto and establish and communicate a clear sense of direction and purpose.
- Be instrumental in realizing efficiencies by incorporating consideration of resilience into existing cross- corporate initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree in a discipline related to the job functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior management level experience, with an understanding and working knowledge of local and Provincial Government policy and decision making processes
- Extensive strategic planning experience with a sound understanding of resilience princples
- Extensive experience in facilitating, influencing, and engaging diverse stakeholders, coordination and execution of projects that span multiple sectors or disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and maintain action plans, supporting programs and projects and associated budgetary and financial management requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in end to end program design, delivery, and evaluation for one or more major policy or program initiatives
- A systems-wide thinker and a coalition-builder with a track record of driving outcomes in complex government environments.
- Ability to communicate and function across multiple sectors (government, private, NGO) to drive effective collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to use discretion and judgment in a dynamic business and political environment.
- Local knowledge and understanding of the political, business and non-profit cultures and stakeholders.
- Have respect and appreciation for the diverse views, values and culture of the City and the community at large.
- Ability to effectively allocate resources to deliver strategic planning objectives.
- Highly developed analytical, strategic and lateral thinking skills and the ability to take the initiative, drive changes and implement innovations.
- Be service and performance oriented, focusing on accountability.
- Supervisory skills evidenced by the ability to motivate, coordinate and lead staff.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process , please email us at [email protected]
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use Chief Resilience Officer. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Undergraduate university degree or college diploma in the arts, public relations, communications or marketing....
Identify, report and resolve trade, position and cash reconciliation breaks between Front Office and Back Office systems....
You are required to have successfully completed a qualifying course of study that will enable registration with the provincial securities commission to obtain a...
From reaching out to a client to negotiate a payment arrangement, to assisting a client who is stranded in a foreign country without a valid passport, you will...
You have experience handling cash, and operating cash registers and point of sale machines to process monetary transactions....
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience Operating Systems and Software....
Extensive knowledge of business and systems development from methodology through analysis, design, development, implementation and production support....
Test batches according to specifications. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request*....
Butterfly Fashion Trading is looking for a customer service staff to help general warehouse functions. Be able to communicate fluently in English, including...