Plant Engineer Job Opening in Calgary, AB - Hood Packaging Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Hood Packaging Corporation is a rapidly growing provider in Calgary, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in August 2017 Hood Packaging Corporation is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Hood Packaging Corporation opens job opportunity for Plant Engineer located in Calgary, AB. This chance has been opened at the start of August 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about Plant Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Plant Engineer August 2017Hood Packaging Corporation Calgary, AB
Hood Packaging Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of flexible packaging materials in North America. Our corporate offices are in Burlington, Ontario, and Madison, Mississippi, and we supply Fortune 500 companies from twenty-two manufacturing facilities that are located across the United States and Canada. We have a unique combination of people, quality, and products, in a profitable, technologically advanced company. Hood Packaging is committed to exceeding customer expectations. Hood Packaging Corporation’s Calgary Plastics plant has an immediate requirement for a Plant Engineer.
To plan, direct, coordinate and control the Engineering and Maintenance functions of the Plant. This includes but is not limited to asset purchase, engineering projects, facility expansion or downsizing, engineering and maintenance software programs, facility security and electronic systems, day to day operations of the Maintenance Department and projects as needed. Responsibility for the safety and machine guarding programs, machine and equipment changes and modifications, asset management, AFE's, Engineering and Maintenance budgets, facility environmental issues, plant layout and design, machine and equipment design, record keeping and engineering and maintenance procurement.
- Provide technical support/trouble-shooting advice to Maintenance/Production personnel.*
- Review Preventative Maintenance program, determine where changes or improvements are necessary and make recommendations regarding changes and improvements.*
- Maintain the engineering and maintenance supply room computer system.
- Source equipment/parts suppliers to obtain quotes.
- Liaise with Production Department to co-ordinate scheduling of downtime for equipment repairs or modifications.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Review Maintenance Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Monitor and approve purchases for the Maintenance Department.
- Track monthly Maintenance R & M costs by machine with aim to controlling spending.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and methodologies relevant to the performance of the maintenance department.
- Manage facility maintenance – plumbing, HVAC, electrical, security, safety)
- Assist in assuring HACCP, GMP’s, Work Instructions and Food Safety Quality system requirements (SQF) are in compliance. Projects
- Prepare documentation and assist in preparation of justifications for modification of equipment and for the purchase of new equipment.
- Prepare and analyse bids for major contractors and makes recommendation for selection.
- Assist in sourcing equipment suppliers and brokers for available machinery.
- Prepare drawings, plans and designs for approval.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate execution of all project work.
- Liaise with government and regulatory bodies, ie. Alberta Environment, AECB and ensures all new installations or modifications meet the applicable regulations.
- Provide input to capital expense budget forecasts.
- Control capital project costs within budgeted limits.
- Design equipment modifications and makes recommendations to resolve work method problems.
- Other duties as assigned. Education & Experience
- Must hold a degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGGA.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in manufacturing.
- A complete understanding of quality management systems and tools, including SPC, Pareto Charts, and other technic including Brainstorming, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity offering a competitive salary, benefits and a pension plan.
Resumes can be emailed or faxed to 403-720-7777.
Job Type: Full-time
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Plant Engineer. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Connaissance des niveaux A, B et C de la CFP. Expérience en FSL auprès des adultes. Enseigner à des fonctionnaires fédéraux. 25,00$ à 27,00$ /heure....
5 years of driving experience with a Class 3 vehicle. Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting lifting and emptying bins into side loader...
Required license or certification:. Transport and handle dangerous goods, Load and unload goods, Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and...
Photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing. Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing,...
Enthusiastic service to all customers at Flames, Hitmen, Roughnecks and. Windows during Flames, Hitmen, Roughnecks and Stampeders games....
* Balzac,AB * Salary $18.00 / Hour for 40 to 48 Hours / Week * Vacancies: 2 Vacancies * Terms of employment Permanent, Full time * Start date: As soon as
In addition you will ensure the CPPS in partnership with CP departments, outside stakeholders and federal, provincial and municipal agencies are prepared to...
Valid driver license. Whether it is a local Community or a global one, Boardwalk Associates approach it with the same foundation and aim to build and strengthen...
Provide first aid when required. Maintain valid personal travel documents and Company medical requirements....