Plant Engineer Job Opening in Calgary, AB - Hood Packaging Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Hood Packaging Corporation is an evergrowing company in Calgary, AB. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in April 2017 Hood Packaging Corporation is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Hood Packaging Corporation opens job opportunity for Plant Engineer placed in Calgary, AB. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of April 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering Plant Engineer, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Plant Engineer April 2017Hood Packaging Corporation Calgary, AB
Hood Packaging Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of flexible packaging materials in North America. Our corporate offices are in Burlington, Ontario, and Madison, Mississippi, and we supply Fortune 500 companies from twenty-two manufacturing facilities that are located across the United States and Canada. We have a unique combination of people, quality, and products, in a profitable, technologically advanced company. Hood Packaging is committed to exceeding customer expectations. Hood Packaging Corporation’s Calgary Plastics plant has an immediate requirement for a Plant Engineer.
To plan, direct, coordinate and control the Engineering and Maintenance functions of the Plant. This includes but is not limited to asset purchase, engineering projects, facility expansion or downsizing, engineering and maintenance software programs, facility security and electronic systems, day to day operations of the Maintenance Department and projects as needed. Responsibility for the safety and machine guarding programs, machine and equipment changes and modifications, asset management, AFE's, Engineering and Maintenance budgets, facility environmental issues, plant layout and design, machine and equipment design, record keeping and engineering and maintenance procurement.
- Provide technical support/trouble-shooting advice to Maintenance/Production personnel.*
- Review Preventative Maintenance program, determine where changes or improvements are necessary and make recommendations regarding changes and improvements.*
- Maintain the engineering and maintenance supply room computer system.
- Source equipment/parts suppliers to obtain quotes.
- Liaise with Production Department to co-ordinate scheduling of downtime for equipment repairs or modifications.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Review Maintenance Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Monitor and approve purchases for the Maintenance Department.
- Track monthly Maintenance R & M costs by machine with aim to controlling spending.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and methodologies relevant to the performance of the maintenance department.
- Manage facility maintenance – plumbing, HVAC, electrical, security, safety)
- Assist in assuring HACCP, GMP’s, Work Instructions and Food Safety Quality system requirements (SQF) are in compliance. Projects
- Prepare documentation and assist in preparation of justifications for modification of equipment and for the purchase of new equipment.
- Prepare and analyse bids for major contractors and makes recommendation for selection.
- Assist in sourcing equipment suppliers and brokers for available machinery.
- Prepare drawings, plans and designs for approval.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate execution of all project work.
- Liaise with government and regulatory bodies, ie. Alberta Environment, AECB and ensures all new installations or modifications meet the applicable regulations.
- Provide input to capital expense budget forecasts.
- Control capital project costs within budgeted limits.
- Design equipment modifications and makes recommendations to resolve work method problems.
- Other duties as assigned. Education & Experience
- Must hold a degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGGA.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in manufacturing.
- A complete understanding of quality management systems and tools, including SPC, Pareto Charts, and other technic including Brainstorming, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity offering a competitive salary, benefits and a pension plan.
Resumes can be emailed or faxed to 403-720-7777.
Job Type: Full-time
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Plant Engineer. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than six demerits or a Graduated Driver's Licence (GDL) with no more than four demerits...
A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent) with no more than six demerits and a personal vehicle for business use....
Retains files on work orders, proposals, and service files. Provides reports on open and closed work orders and verifies status with the appropriate technician...
As the lead for all corporate support requirements, this role includes managing incoming and outgoing mail and couriers, greeting visitors and guests, answering...
Flexible benefits program including health, medical, dental and life. Access to personal development and technical training programs....
Answer questions and secure appointments as well as rebooking/ cancellation of appointments. Work closely with the customer service team to develop and build...
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE. Leave the modern day world behind as you “step back in time” to immerse our guests in an authentic historical experience....
This posting will be reviewed as required by our Recruiting Team however please visit our Career Site often to ensure you are not missing out on a specific...
Data Entry, Sorting, Lifting up to 50lbs will be required as product will be transferred from warehouse racking to data entry stations....