Live Operations Manager Job Opening in Toronto, ON - Ubisoft Toronto Inc. Recruitment 2018
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. The studio announced its first new IP at E3 2017, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, an all-new, action-adventure game where players assemble customizable controller-mounted starships and launch into epic, interplanetary adventures. The Toronto team is also hard at work on Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. The studio shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013. Since then, the Toronto team has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
Ubisoft Toronto was honoured in 2017 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the second consecutive year.
Live Operations Manager
As the Live Operations Manager you will oversee and coordinate the live operations of one or many games/projects and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the online operations director and/or the client, the producer.
The main and routine tasks of the Live Operations Manager are to:
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams;
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination);
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution;
- Effectively communicate with teams so that they are informed of ongoing projects (advancement and direction);
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources;
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.);
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the producer and online operations director;
- Ensure that teams have the technical support required to work effectively (in collaboration with internal partners: GNS, TG, etc.);
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team, producer and online operations director and address any gaps;
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
Human resources management
- Mobilize the team by regularly assessing team morale, determine the cause(s) of any issues and implement relevant solutions;
- Coach team members in their work to foster their development in their current position or in view of their career perspectives;
- Carry out and validate performance assessments and set team objectives;
- Determine and manage poorly performing team members and interpersonal conflicts;
- Help set out development activities (training, COOP. etc.) for team members;
- Approve time sheets and manage team members’ absences and vacation time.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Degree in administration or equivalent training.
- 5+ years’ experience in team coordination/management;
- Video game production experience;
- Online/mobile game development experience an asset.
- Extensive technical knowledge of deployment tools and databases;
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Ability to adapt to different types of personalities;
- Courageous management;
- Good sense of judgment;
- Listening skills;
- Competitive Salary $101,400-150,000
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now! https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx?location=Toronto
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians...
Maintain office supplies and filing system, and complete general office duties and coordinating mail-outs and courier services....
As a member of the Offline Marketing team you will support a wide range of priorities, including event research and strategy, program and project coordination,...
Possess a valid driver license. As a Passenger Car Cleaner, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars, vacuuming...
Processes payment of fees including receipt of cash, cheque and credit card transactions. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid...
Comprehensive benefits program. Work alongside the Human Capital team to enhance company culture with fun events, office parties and team building projects....
Provide information and answer questions from passengers on the flight or their experience on board; Air Transat - Air transportation....
En travaillant de concert avec les gestionnaires et les réalisateurs-coordonnateurs, vous serez responsable des affectations et de l’établissement des horaires...
Vous devrez obtenir l'attestation de vérification du casier judiciaire à vos propres frais et la fournir, avec votre consentement écrit, au Bureau de la...