Analyst, Operations Strategy Job Opening in Toronto, ON - Kinross Gold Corporation Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Kinross Gold Corporation is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in September 2017 Kinross Gold Corporation is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Kinross Gold Corporation opens job chance of Analyst, Operations Strategy placed in Toronto, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of September 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're enthusiastic about Analyst, Operations Strategy, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Analyst, Operations Strategy September 2017Kinross Gold Corporation Toronto, ON
Provides analytical and project management support for various Operations Strategy programs and projects, from cross-site programs such as Achieving Excellence, to high-priority individual site support projects and business cases. Contributes to each project by combining experience and business judgment, with financial and other analysis, the development and delivery of senior-level communications materials, collaborative project management, and other diagnostic and support tools.
- Generally speaking, supports Kinross and its sites and projects in making their most strategic decisions, through analysis, business case development, modelling and impactful communication.
- With moderate instruction and guidance, performs error-free and insightful analysis, financial or otherwise, that supports site, cross-site or Corporate projects.
- Applies understanding of key business drivers within our area to build and maintain financial models, which will often support multi-million dollar decisions (if not 10s or 100s-of-millions of dollars). Pressure-tests others’ models and analysis.
- Supports broader corporate global programs outside of own area, such as Working Capital, the Kinross Way for Supply Chain and Maintenance, etc. This includes the development of reporting tools, supporting site action plans, etc.
- Supports the Project group in completing Scoping, Pre-Feasibility, or Feasibility studies via analytical support and project management activities.
- Based on experience, contributes technical advice and insights to projects.
- Makes decisions within procedures and guidelines in standard situations.
- Explains and presents complex information in a straightforward way, by developing and delivering communications materials for sites and senior executives, up to the COO and SLT level.
- Supports the analysis and preparation of communication materials for capital requests, Strategic Business Cases, and the Strategic Business Planning process in general.
- Assist with non-standard requests for support and identify solutions to such requests.
- You will need to be as self-directed as possible to achieve the above tasks, while working within guidance, guidelines and policies.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Manages the flow of information between the sites. Drives and facilitates discussions around best practices
- Uses developing knowledge of Kinross operations to support sites, pressure-test business models, etc.
- Analyzes and interprets data (e.g. operating metrics like: tons hauled; equipment efficiency; downtime due to maintenance, operating constraints and suboptimal performance)
- Assists in identifying cost savings opportunities and building full potential cost models.
- Responds to a variety of internal and / or external requests, many of which will not be standard and will require advanced problem-solving approaches.
- Prepares straightforward communication materials, manuals, and other written materials related to evaluations, technical issues, programs, or systems
- Actively seeks mentorship and learning to improve product or technical knowledge and skill set
- Performs analysis and coordination on due diligences for Mergers and Acquisitions. Potentially assist with merger integration.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, accounting or finance or a related field. Additional specialized education, including masters level degree (specifically an MBA) or equivalent would be beneficial
- Three or more years of experience in the mining industry or another natural resource industry, and/or with a major consultancy, preferably with progressive experience in a project/operations environment (corporate or site-level).
- Five or more years of experience with exposure to financial and strategic modeling in an asset-intensive industry (preferably mining)
- Experience supervising or mentoring financial or consulting employees
- Expert level skills in Excel: ability to build financial models, and perform analysis to pinpoint opportunities for improvement.
- Proficiency with Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of a second language, preferably Spanish, but also Portuguese or Russian
- Operations and strategy analysis experience including developing and analyzing financial and full potential models
- Understanding of financial statements and mining concepts
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills set: ability to complete a Design of Experiments, Logistical Regression, Modeling, statistically literate etc.
- Proven team leadership skills and/or project management ability
- Ability to interact effectively with Senior Management
- Strong technical, operational and financial analytical capabilities
- Highly collaborative work style in working with highly skilled corporate, regional and mine site staff (both technical and financial) using influence skills rather than formal reporting authority
- Flexible, fast learner that can come up to speed on a problem in an unfamiliar area to start adding value quickly
- Ability to handle significant variations in workload in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, ability to interact effectively in teams either as a leader or team member.
- Strong communication skills in presentation development, oral communication and other documentation
- Well organized, works well independently and in team settings
- Possesses good time-management skills, and is able to work effectively under pressure
- Conversational French, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian is a major asset, but not a requirement.
- Ability to function within the following travel requirements: frequent travel to remote mine sites in Mauritania, Ghana, Chile, Brazil, Nevada, Washington State, Alaska and Far East Russia. The expectation is that the role will require up to 2 weeks of travel out of every 4 weeks.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Analyst, Operations Strategy. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reserve conference rooms and arrange for catering, printing, set up conference calls using WebEx, Google Hangouts and video conference arrangements....
You are required to have successfully completed a qualifying course of study that will enable registration with the provincial securities commission to obtain a...
The person in this position must be capable of handling various administrative tasks in a fast, accurate and efficient manner ensuring a positive experience for...
Professionally handle inbound customer calls regarding energy services. A comprehensive and paid introductory training program....
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code,...
Bondable (no credit problem or criminal history). Visit Canadian Tire, Toronto Eaton Centre @ 65 Dundas Street West, Toronto, OntarioGo to the customer service...
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT - FESTIVAL TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox....
Performing and tracking GRC program activities including but not limited to risk assessments, control objectives monitoring, vendor assessment and regulatory...
This area’s purpose is to elevate all Ryerson Student Affairs departments by helping them evaluate programming, make meaningful inquiries, answer important...