Press Operator Job Opening in Windsor, ON - Devine Personnel Recruitment 2017
Devine Personnel is a staffing and employment solutions firm focusing on delivering high quality services to both employers and job seekers by offering a variety of employment solutions and services spanning across a number industries including manufacturing, administration, logistics, tool and mold, engineering and management. Employers looking to increase their staff and boost productivity have three main services available to them: temporary, contract and full-time direct hire placements.
Devine Personnel is looking for candidates who strive to constantly improve and build on their skills, work effectively with other to deliver results, and are not afraid of a challenge.
We are seeking a Press Operator to join our team. This position is a Full Time opportunity.
Position: Press Operator
Regular Hours: 44 hours/week
O.T. Hours: 0-20 hours/week (as scheduled)
Shift: Days (6:00 am - 2:30 pm), Afternoons (2:30 pm - 11:00 pm), Nights (11:00 pm - 6:00 am)
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety protocols and procedures set forth in the OHSA, all company practices, procedures and codes of conduct, adhere to company Personal Protective Equipment policy and participation in all Health and Safety training conducted by the company
- Operate both manual and automatic stamping press machinery in a fast-paced production environment, as well as operating manual and power-driving tools such as hand-grinders, chisels and files Inspect all incoming parts produced through the production process for defects (i.e. metal burrs, bends, cracks etc.)
- Packaging of all incoming parts in production bins (after visual inspection) in an off-line sorting area
- Manage all workstation inventory and functioning and report any inventory shortages to management accordingly, as well as any issues or malfunctioning of equipment/machinery
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by way of: sweeping, mopping, picking up scrap/damaged parts, and removal of garbage and/or spills
- Complete all mandatory paperwork/documentation associated with each job process (i.e. time card sheets, production reports, machine status etc.)
- Participation and completion of all required on-the-job training and process improvement initiatives outlined by the management team
Successful Candidates will Possess:
- Ability bend/stretch/reach with varying shaping parts and varying while lifting up to 50lbs on a semi-repetitive basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively to management and other team members
- Ability to work all shifts (days, afternoons and nights) *steady shift may be assigned under certain circumstances
- Own vehicle/transportation each day (*some shifts do not coincide with bus schedule)
- Ability to work in high temperatures (between 75-90 degrees in some instances, as plant machinery can cause indoor temperature to rise)
- *Forklift certification and/or over-head crane certification considered an extreme asset
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Devine Personnel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Press Operator: 1 year
- Metal Stamping: 1 year
- Grinder: 1 year
- Manufacturing: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- G Class Driver's Licence
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor or designate, the Housekeeper is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in the cleaning field, such as, washroom...
Prepare source data for entry by opening and sorting contracts and restaurant profiles; Manually enter account information for each client....
Bilingual, English/French language and previous Licence Clerk experience an asset. ServiceOntario Office located at 7755 Tecumseh Rd East....
Greet candidates in an upbeat and friendly manner. Answer phone lines. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and...
Shut off all lights, TVs, and air conditioners when leaving room. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used by guests...
2 years’ customer service experience in a technical support capacity with first preference given to those who have worked in areas such as Call Centers, Travel...
Answer, screen and forward telephone calls quickly, politely and in a professional manner. Perform clerical duties, such as filing, sorting, maintain phone...
Some of the work includes responding to customer inquiries in person and on the telephone, providing information about licence rules and regulations, verifying...
Students must be enrolled in Post-Secondary education, provide proof of enrolment and be minimum legal drinking age in the province on Ontario....