Geochem Lab Helper Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - AcmeLabs Recruitment 2017CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
VAN Laboratory Helper (VANLH-V_201611)
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities to play a vital role with a global organization. If
you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar
team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Reporting to the Geochemistry Manager & Assistant Geochem Manager and under the general supervision of
the Digestion Supervisor, the VAN Laboratory Helper (Volume Assistant) position is based in Vancouver, BC and
performs duties relating to the preparation and transfer of analytical solutions and other tasks as assigned by the
supervisor. This is a physically demanding position working afternoon shift hours (3‐11pm) in a fast‐paced
environment that requires the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure fast and accurate processing of incoming samples in priority sequence as well as clean and
- Volume samples according to written procedure without deviation unless authorized in writing by
- Discard completed solutions once authorization for discard is granted in a safe and environmentally
- Discard contaminated or single use glassware once authorization for discard is granted
- Ensure that all serially labelled glassware is returned to use in the correct sequence and all broken
- Comply with all OHS, laboratory safety procedures and requirements of applicable ISO Quality
- Other tasks as assigned or required from time to time
- Minimum completion of high school
- Experience in working a laboratory environment an asset but on‐the‐job training will be provided
- Familiarity with WHMIS an asset
- Excellent eye‐hand coordination
- Must be available to work afternoon shift hours (3‐11pm)
- Starting wage of $13.00 per hour
VANLH-V_ 201611 to: [email protected]
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that applications without the job reference will not be accepted.
Candidates applying for Canadian job posting must be authorized to work in Canada.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Answers the department telephone and refers calls as required. Reporting to the Supervisor, Switchboard/Information Desk/Mailroom, performs duties related to...
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC, works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centres in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton...
Processes various types of mail by performing duties such as receiving envelopes and parcels, sorting according to delivery requirements, placing mail on...
With 47 ports of call, 34 vessels, and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world....
Develop systems to track and report on community activity, being able to read and synthesize broad community sentiment and social activity on key topics....
A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record are required. Driver License and Record Checks....
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Familiarity with computer aided drafting design (CAD) is required along with a valid BC Drivers Licence. We currently have an immediate temporary full time...