Transit Planner Job Opening in Oakville, ON - Town of Oakville Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Town of Oakville is a swiftly growing company in Oakville, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in September 2017 Town of Oakville is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Town of Oakville opens job chance for Transit Planner located in Oakville, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of September 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about Transit Planner, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Transit Planner September 2017Town of Oakville Oakville, ON
Reporting to the Manager of Planning & Accessible Services, Oakville Transit this position is responsible for designing and monitoring the performance of transit routes, forecasting transit demand, conducting research and analysis of field investigations and demographic studies to develop service proposals, providing input to development applications (OPA, Secondary Plans, subdivision and site plan applications), infrastructure projects, data validation and quality assurance for the real time Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). This position will also provide assistance to and back up the Transit Scheduler.
• Responsible for ITS data integrity/QA and data confirmation in the ITS system to support all scheduling and ITS functions. Function is critical to delivery of each service board and to the integrity of all customer facing ITS functionality.
• Designs transit routes, monitors performance of new routes and route extensions, coordinates route changes with other team members, analyze and forecast transit demand, participates in developing long term transit plans, develop innovative service strategies, reviews plans and proposal submitted by other governmental and private planning organizations, assists with budget planning.
• Review development applications to ensure transit supportive land use development, prepares detailed comments, suggestions and recommendations.
• Working with the Transit Analyst and Transit Scheduler, monitors and assesses system performance, conducts research and analysis of field investigations.
• Provides input and assists with planning of transit stop infrastructure development applications, site plans and plans of subdivision, as well as customer requests, and assists in maintaining infrastructure data base of existing assets while adhering to the Transit Service Design Standards.
• Participates in public information meetings, assists with public outreach campaigns, assists with customer complaints related to planning inquiries, acts as a liaison for the department with other GTHA systems, advises other departments on transit initiatives, consults with other team members in preparation of annual/strategic plans.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Completion of a three year degree or diploma in Urban Planning, Transportation, Engineering.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in same/related field
• Professional Ontario planning or engineering designation (or related field) an asset
• Excellent reading, written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with members of the public, Council and representatives of other transit systems, external groups and organizations and to represent the interests of Oakville Transit.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of transit scheduling and ITS related software would be considered an asset.
• Strong mathematical skills relating to statistical analysis.
• Ability to interpret engineering, architectural and/or survey plans.
• Experience in a public transit or transportation planning environment.
• Knowledge of service standards for public transit, transit scheduling fundamentals and land use planning and environmental assessment process.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on January 21, 2017 .
DATED: January 9, 2017
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume as one document.
If this is the first time you are applying for a position, click Apply for this Position.
If you have previously applied for a position, go to the Are you Returning Applicant section to log in.
If you do not receive an email within 24 hours confirming receipt of your application, please contact the Human Resources department from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST at (905) 845-6601. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use Transit Planner. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Perform basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods....
We also offer a matching group retirement plan, employee assistance program, exceptional training and many more perks....
Current First Aid and CPR certification and up-to-date medical including Tuberculosis test and immunization. Develop and implement an emergent curriculum based...
Develop and implement strategies for growing revenue and community presence through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives....
You will receive and respond to complaints from children and youth, address services delivery problems, quality of care, quality of life and rights protection...
ServiceOntario Grimsby is looking for friendly, enthusiastic applicants to join our team! Please note that these opportunities are with a privately-owned...
Effective telephone communication. The Secretary-Receptionist will provide support services to a clinical team serving mentally ill individuals and greet...
University Degree/ College Diploma or equivalent in Computer Science. Performs research and analysis in server infrastructure technology to identify, propose...
Valid Ontario driver's license required. We are looking for highly motivated staff who will act as liaison and a community representative on behalf of Community...