Transit Planner Job Opening in Oakville, ON - Town of Oakville Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Town of Oakville is a speedily growing firm in Oakville, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in March 2017 Town of Oakville is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Town of Oakville opens job opportunity for Transit Planner positioned in Oakville, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of March 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Transit Planner, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Transit Planner March 2017Town of Oakville Oakville, ON
Reporting to the Manager of Planning & Accessible Services, Oakville Transit this position is responsible for designing and monitoring the performance of transit routes, forecasting transit demand, conducting research and analysis of field investigations and demographic studies to develop service proposals, providing input to development applications (OPA, Secondary Plans, subdivision and site plan applications), infrastructure projects, data validation and quality assurance for the real time Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). This position will also provide assistance to and back up the Transit Scheduler.
• Responsible for ITS data integrity/QA and data confirmation in the ITS system to support all scheduling and ITS functions. Function is critical to delivery of each service board and to the integrity of all customer facing ITS functionality.
• Designs transit routes, monitors performance of new routes and route extensions, coordinates route changes with other team members, analyze and forecast transit demand, participates in developing long term transit plans, develop innovative service strategies, reviews plans and proposal submitted by other governmental and private planning organizations, assists with budget planning.
• Review development applications to ensure transit supportive land use development, prepares detailed comments, suggestions and recommendations.
• Working with the Transit Analyst and Transit Scheduler, monitors and assesses system performance, conducts research and analysis of field investigations.
• Provides input and assists with planning of transit stop infrastructure development applications, site plans and plans of subdivision, as well as customer requests, and assists in maintaining infrastructure data base of existing assets while adhering to the Transit Service Design Standards.
• Participates in public information meetings, assists with public outreach campaigns, assists with customer complaints related to planning inquiries, acts as a liaison for the department with other GTHA systems, advises other departments on transit initiatives, consults with other team members in preparation of annual/strategic plans.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Completion of a three year degree or diploma in Urban Planning, Transportation, Engineering.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in same/related field
• Professional Ontario planning or engineering designation (or related field) an asset
• Excellent reading, written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with members of the public, Council and representatives of other transit systems, external groups and organizations and to represent the interests of Oakville Transit.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of transit scheduling and ITS related software would be considered an asset.
• Strong mathematical skills relating to statistical analysis.
• Ability to interpret engineering, architectural and/or survey plans.
• Experience in a public transit or transportation planning environment.
• Knowledge of service standards for public transit, transit scheduling fundamentals and land use planning and environmental assessment process.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on January 21, 2017 .
DATED: January 9, 2017
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume as one document.
If this is the first time you are applying for a position, click Apply for this Position.
If you have previously applied for a position, go to the Are you Returning Applicant section to log in.
If you do not receive an email within 24 hours confirming receipt of your application, please contact the Human Resources department from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST at (905) 845-6601. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use Transit Planner. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job