Complaint Taker Job Opening in Victoria, BC - Victoria Police Department Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Victoria Police Department is a growing company in Victoria, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in November 2017 Victoria Police Department is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Victoria Police Department opens job opportunity for Complaint Taker positioned in Victoria, BC. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of November 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about Complaint Taker, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Complaint Taker November 2017Victoria Police Department Victoria, BC
Internal / External
These are CUPE Local 50 positions
DATE OF ISSUE: September 29/2017 CLOSING DATE: October 13/2017
Number of Positions:
1 @ Regular Full Time, 4 on/4 off, 2 days/2 nights
+ Auxiliary positions, as and when required
$30.76/hour (pay grade 9) ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST be received by 4:30 p.m. on the above closing date and must be complete, including all qualifications and experience relevant to this position. Please quote the competition number on your submission.
To apply please forward your submission electronically to: [email protected] .
- Police/Information Management/Communications
- Receive and process enhanced 9-1-1 and non-emergency telephone calls to the Police Department and forward relevant information to Communications Specialists for dispatching.
- Respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency requests for service, complaints and enquiries; monitor, answer, process and verify 9-1-1 emergency telephone calls; compile documentation where police attendance is required; transfer and monitor calls to alternative emergency services to determine police action; implement follow-up procedure on abandoned 9-1-1 emergency calls; advise and assist the public in 9-1-1 procedures; report and record 9-1-1 line trouble.
- Attend Communication Training Block Program to develop the skills required to perform the duties of a Communications Specialist including dispatch; formulate comprehensive reports pertaining to incidents which do not require immediate police action; evaluate individual incidents and determine action and follow-up requirements where necessary; perform job related work such as follow-up inquiries to complete incident reports; confirm warrants for execution.
- Perform departmental data entry as required to related computer systems; confirm, enter and remove warrants, persons, vehicles and property on the National Canadian Police Information System; operate and monitor communication recording devices; monitor and respond to internal alarm systems by confirming status of alarm and taking required action.
- Respond to a variety of requests for routine and confidential information from police and other authorized agencies, use appropriate computer terminals for research and verification; route applicable information to the appropriate authority for action.
- Prepare, sort, maintain and file a variety of records, forms, files, lists and reports; order and stock stationary supplies as required; relieve and assist the telephone operator during routine breaks; attend scheduled meetings, training seminars and courses as required.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
- This is a training position to develop the skills required to perform the duties of a Communications Specialist. An assessment period will follow training to ascertain suitability for promotion to Communications Specialist position.
- Work is generated by operational demand and is performed according to established policies and procedures.
- Work is reviewed while in progress.
- Problems which deviate from established procedure are referred to supervisor.
- Prolonged sitting with restricted movement. (frequent)
- Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often)
- Deal with emergency situations, complaints and people in distress. (often)
- Concentrate on concurrent calls and tasks. (often)
- Monitor various telephone and computer displays for long periods. (often)
- Communications centre.
- This is a shift position. (premium item)
- Analyze calls, assess situations and determine action and method of response.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Operate enhanced 9 1 1 system and electronic communications equipment.
- Type 60 wpm
- Understand and apply the techniques of Public Safety Communications.
- Working level operation of current Police Department computerized systems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- High school graduation.
- Completion Public Safety Communications Program (1 year)
- Required to obtain security and criminal record clearance.
- Required to sign attestation of confidentiality.
- 1 year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be requested to substitute in a more senior position
Job Description: 4243
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use Complaint Taker. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Occupational First Aid Level 3 certification and related first aid experience in an industrial and. Instructor certification for Occupational First Aid...
Current Standard First Aid and CPR – C. Ensuring effective program instruction in a fun and safe manner for participants....
Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls....
Applicants should have a driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Applicants should have experience in construction with consideration given to...
Located downtown, the stylish and relaxed atmosphere mixed with friendly and outgoing staff make it a perfect place to have business meetings or visit with...
This position sets up cash register with cash float and current date; Receives cash payment and makes change for food and drink purchases by customers;...
The accurate picking and preparation for outgoing orders. Maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment. Process all required paperwork and maintain accurate...
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Facilities, the Coordinator, Facilities is responsible for the administration and delivery of library facility...