RECORDS CLERK (6) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a rapidly growing business in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in December 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to raise the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for RECORDS CLERK (6) positioned in Ottawa, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're thinking about RECORDS CLERK (6), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
RECORDS CLERK (6) December 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Ottawa, ON
We are currently seeking:
• 3 Records Clerks at the Central East Correctional Centre (Lindsay)
• 2 Records Clerks at the Ottawa Carleton Detention Centre (Ottawa)
• 1 Records Clerk at the Quinte Detention Centre (Napanee)
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? • Obtain and verify the required information to complete admission documentation
• Prepare and verify discharge information
• Calculate and/or verify sentences and ensure records are accurate
• Follow-up on discrepancies
• Maintain adult inmate files and filing system
• Enter information into OTIS (Offender Tracking Information System)
• Answering telephone enquiries from the public, lawyers, police, immigration, courts, and institutional staff
How do I qualify? Specialized Knowledge and Skills • You have demonstrated knowledge of records management in order to maintain inmate record files
• You have experience with office practices and procedures particularly pertaining to records keeping, filing, and information systems
• You are able to maintain confidentiality of information
• You have understanding of the criminal justice system and inmate sentencing
• You are able to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, statutes, policies, and directives (such as the Criminal Code, Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, etc.)
• You are able to calculate, verify, and check admission information as well as ensure records are consistent with court sentences and legislation
Analytical, Reasoning and Problem-Solving Skills • You can ensure accuracy of inmate admission and discharge documentation by reviewing information provided by inmate, police and the courts as well as correct discrepancies
• You have accurate mathematical skills to calculate and reconcile inmate sentences and fines
Other Essential Skills • You have effective communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with inmates, staff, justice officials and the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications in order to input and retrieve information (i.e. OTIS)
• You have demonstrated organizational skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Additional Information: Address:
- 3 Permanent, 541 Hwy 36 RR 1, CENTRAL EAST CORR COMPLEX, Lindsay, East Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check, Fingerprint-based CPIC Check, Intelligence Check, Credit Check
- 2 Permanent, 2244 Innes Rd, Ottawa, East Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check, Fingerprint-based CPIC Check, Intelligence Check, Credit Check
- 1 Permanent, 89 Richmond Blvd, Napanee, East Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check, Fingerprint-based CPIC Check, Intelligence Check, Credit Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use RECORDS CLERK (6). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Screens calls, answers general inquiries, directs calls as appropriate. Establishes and maintains a filing system and archives documents for the Senate....
Certificate, permanent residency card, etc.). DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if....
Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license. Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and the appropriate class of...
Reviews inventory turnover and notifies Director, Administrative Services of potential obsolete and/or discontinued items;...
Somerset West Community Health Centre is a well-established, non-profit, multi-service centre providing health, social and community outreach services with an...
Work closely with Google’s offices across Canada to coordinate our local community affairs programming and provide direction to our charitable giving....
We are looking for a reliable Administrative Assistant who will undertake a broad set of administrative and clerical tasks, such as providing support to our...
Valid First aid certification. In this role you will be responsible for facilitating child & youth programming like OHS birthday parties, OHS Animal Advocate...
Numeric Alpha Alpha-numeric The capacity to use computer technology to ensure a high level of efficiency in accomplishing work. Verification and accuracy:...