Area Safety Manager Job Opening in Edmonton, AB - Insituform Technologies LLC Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Insituform Technologies LLC is a growing company in Edmonton, AB. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in September 2017 Insituform Technologies LLC is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Insituform Technologies LLC opens job opportunity for Area Safety Manager put in Edmonton, AB. This option has been opened at the start of September 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're interested in Area Safety Manager, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Area Safety Manager September 2017Insituform Technologies LLC Edmonton, AB
Insituform Technologies, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
- Coordinates all safety requirements in the operations of the corporation under direction of the Vice President – Safety, Health & Environmental for Infrastructural Solutions platform. Assists Project Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, Operations Managers, and General Managers, in all safety related topics.
- Maintains a high level of self-education, awareness and knowledge of all safety information relevant to the operations of the corporation.
- Manages and maintains the administration and documentation of appropriate insurance related materials, the drug and alcohol program, safety training records, inspections and safety meeting records, for the corporations facilities and various regions and subsidiaries as needed.
- Manages the documentation and reporting of safety related records and materials for the satisfaction of internal and external requirements. Oversees the compliance with safety systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Execution of Duties
1. Manage documentation and reporting of safety related records and ensure compliance with Canadian governmental and company safety-related requirements.
2. Maintains a level of continuing education on safety matters to ensure the ability to interpret, implement and train in all relevant safety requirements.
A. Manages the area safety education program including orientation, tool box meetings, quarterly training days, stand down training, and specific specialty training.
3. Establishes contacts with local safety organizations, other Safety Managers, and appropriate government agency representatives to benefit open communication with the safety community at large.
4. Manages the forms and reporting procedures required by Canadian Governmental agencies, while using these agencies as advisory resources for planning and executing the corporate safety program.
5. Provides reporting procedures for, and maintains records of, employee safety performance.
6. Provides reporting procedures form and investigates any accidents, safety incidents, or near misses.
7. Becomes personally qualified to train others in confined space entry procedures, and other safety related skills and requirements.
8. Identifies, schedules and maintains training programs on safety requirements and skills for all levels of employees.
9. Files and records the material generated from field safety programs such as Toolbox meeting, site and equipment inspections, monthly safety meetings, etc.
10. Performs random inspections of job sites, facilities, equipment, and vehicles. Reports findings to regional and field management.
11. Assist in solving area and corporate safety problems through discussion and recommendation of appropriate actions.
12. Make management aware of the degree of risk in any operations or procedures that could be deemed hazardous to personnel, equipment, or the project in any way.
13. Has the authority to order work to stop immediately in cases of imminent danger or other safety violations warranting such action, or to “Red Tag” any equipment out of service.
14. Provides individual counseling, when necessary, on matters of safety.
15. Assists Project Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, Operations Managers, General Managers, and any other employee in all procedures needed for safe start up of projects.
16. Assist in ensuring that all levels of management have total knowledge and awareness of company safety policies and procedures, and to make management aware of their responsibility to maintain a high level of safety on all job sites and in all facilities.
17. Participating in the Pre-Bid Conference to give an overview of site safety requirements and to discuss questions about safety concerns unique to the project.
18. Developing technical guidance programs to identify and remove physical hazards from construction sites.
19. Providing training outlines for first line supervisors to use in their safety meetings.
1. Support and assist the Area Vice-President, Project Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, and all other management personnel in the establishment of a safe environment throughout the region. The Area Safety Manager’s ability to enforce safety policies and procedures is limited. For the most part, enforcement is the responsibility of the immediate supervisors. However, the Area Safety Manager is a powerful influence. His or her safety responsibilities include monitoring, facilitating, consulting, solution planning, and training.
2. Establish a spirit of mutual cooperation at all levels within the region, and helps to coordinate all safety activities for the benefit of all. Advising all levels of management on matters pertaining to safety, including establishing a “chain of command” and a network to communicate safety matters within the organization.
3. Maintain the ability to achieve the desired level of safety through cooperation and good will, without sacrificing the authority to manage enforcement of safety.
C. Minimum Requirements
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental, or a technical type degree in areas such as Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or similar experience with an emphasis in environmental, chemical, or construction safety courses.
2. Certified to perform Canadian Federal and Provincial Safety, Health and Environmental regulations.
3. Willingness and ability to travel up to 60%
4. Exceptional communication and computer skills.
5. Exceptional tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and the ability to deal with all levels of management from field to corporate levels.
6. Working knowledge of computers with competencies in Windows, Office, and the Internet.
7. Ability to complete work assignments and work alone with little supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Edmonton, AB
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Area Safety Manager. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Be responsible for daily cash transactions, including management of cash float ( only in-person ). The Student Service Centre is a high-volume, fast-paced,...
Deadline for applications will be Aug 25, 2017. Please quote competition # 17-093 in your application. How to apply:....
Able to promptly answer support related e-mails, phone calls, and other electronic communications. Organize and maintain all filing and master document...
Valid driver's licence with own transportation is required. Labourer required to start immediately for outdoor work with environmental engineering company....
Assisting customers with inquiries. Picking items to fill orders. You won’t meet a more down-to-earth, hardworking and dedicated team....
Provides reception service as the first point of contact for callers and visitors to FGSR, r esponds to and redirects phone inquiries to appropriate FGSR staff...
+ Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. + Establishes and maintains departmental electronic filing...
No telephone calls please. We are looking for a capable Warehouse Associate to support North Horizon's Edmonton warehouse operations....
Cashiers process transactions, answer customer questions, and ensuring customers leave satisfied. Cashiers play a critical role in customer service by providing...