Pharmacist Full-Time Contract (March 2017- March 2018) Job Opening in North York, ON - North York Family Health Team Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - North York Family Health Team is a speedily growing provider in North York, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in May 2017 North York Family Health Team is planning to improve the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. North York Family Health Team opens job chance of Pharmacist Full-Time Contract (March 2017- March 2018) placed in North York, ON. This chance has been opened at the beginning of May 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Pharmacist Full-Time Contract (March 2017- March 2018), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Pharmacist Full-Time Contract (March 2017- March 2018) May 2017North York Family Health Team North York, ON
Collaborating with the multidisciplinary team, and using a patient-centered model of care, the Clinical Pharmacist will provide direct patient care, medication assessment, pharmacological consultation, pharmacotherapy monitoring, patient education and drug information.
As a Pharmacist, be accountable to the Ontario College of Pharmacists and must be credentialed per FHT policies and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual patient assessments to identify, prevent and resolve drug therapy problems
- Provides medication management in acute and chronic diseases including drug indications/contraindications, dosage and side effects drug interactions
- Provides evidence-based, timely and unbiased drug information
- Participates in multidisciplinary group patient education programs
- Participates in community needs assessment and program development
- Contributes to the development of chronic disease management, disease prevention and health promotion initiatives
- Teaches medical residents, pharmacy students, interns and residents and other allied health students as well as conducts pharmacy related educational seminars for the multidisciplinary team
- Contributes to the development and on-going refinement of the role of the Clinical Pharmacist in the NYFHT
- Assists with training and development of new staff
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Part A license with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, PharmD preferred
- Pharmacy practice residency preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant clinical pharmacy experience
- Experience in a Family Health Team or primary care setting preferred
- Additional training or credentialing in pharmacotherapy (eg. Certified Respiratory/Asthma Educator, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Geriatric Pharmacist) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team an asset
- Sound knowledge of chronic disease management and medication management
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical care process
- Strong ability in problem solving using sound judgment and critical thinking
- Experience in providing patient-centred care
- Ability to provide evidence-based unbiased drug information in a timely manner
- Computer literacy is required to facilitate the use of electronic medical records
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multidisciplinary team
- Appropriate oral and written communication skills to relay information to clinical and nonclinical personnel
Please be advised that all successful candidates are required to provide a satisfactory background verification/criminal reference check.
The North York Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Job Type: Contract
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to use Pharmacist Full-Time Contract (March 2017- March 2018). If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Provide a stress-free and safe experience by anticipating guest needs and provide genuine, customized service for every guest....
Must possess current certification in CPR (C) and Standard First Aid training and maintain same throughout employment with Toronto Paramedic Services....
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, senior managers, various justice participants,...
Children's collections and programming, collection development, community outreach. Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual...
Experience in immigration field, proficiency in processing applications, determination to grow, excellent effective communication skills, strong technical...
A comprehensive introductory training program. On-going learning and professional development. Customer Service Representative – Inbound....
The successful candidates will have a Grade 12 education or equivalent and will possess CPR Certification and a Personal Care Worker Certificate, or possess or...
Thrillist provides an opportunity to create exciting content that both local and visiting readers will find entertaining and informative, as well as share with...
Material handling equipment certification. Human Resources - Support Centre – Distribution Centre – Operations Manager (Distribution Centre)....