Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Royal Ottawa Health Care Group Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Royal Ottawa Health Care Group is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in May 2017 Royal Ottawa Health Care Group is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Royal Ottawa Health Care Group opens job chance for Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) located in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of May 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery) May 2017Royal Ottawa Health Care Group Ottawa, ON
Position: Vocational Rehabilitation Worker
Temporary Part-Time (0.5 FTE) Days
Contract End date: October 28th, 2017
Program: Integrated Schizophrenia and Recovery Program
Location: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Under the general direction of the Manager of Patient Care Services the Vocational Rehabilitation Worker provides counseling, advocacy and support service to clients and families affected by mental illness. The Vocational Rehabilitation Worker functions interdependently with the other members of the integrated schizophrenia/recovery program within a health promotion framework.
- As a member of the team, you will use best-practice and innovative approaches to provide client-centered services including assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services.
- As vocational rehabilitation worker, you will provide client-centered treatment, rehabilitation and support to referred clients.
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments (includes discipline specific and multi-disciplinary assessment instruments, client self-assessment, family assessment in the environment of the client’s choice, reports by other service providers, etc.); assess interests, aptitude and motivation as well as financial, social, medical and vocational histories; formulate and follow through on client vocational treatment plans.
- In collaboration with other team members and the client, develop individualized client treatment/rehabilitation plans.
- Assume responsibility for the treatment, rehabilitation and support of assigned clients within the context of the team.
- Provide direct assistance with employment, social relations and/or activities of daily living (includes in vivo skill teaching, environmental modifications, side-by-side assistance, providing transportation, etc.).
- Facilitate an optimally supportive environment including assistance with: meeting basic needs, a supportive social environment, supportive family relationships.
- Participate in team meetings and Kardex to review clients and organize daily assignments.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation as per professional standards (includes client assessments, treatment/rehab plans, PSR Toolkit, medical records, progress reports, client kardex/log, client contact schedule, etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate client progress and revise treatment/rehabilitation plans as indicated.
- Ensure continuity of client care is maintained through exchange of information and communication with the client, family members, other services providers who may be involved with the client. Secure resources by preparing reports, completing application forms/letters as required.
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of program services to meet the needs of the program.
- Complete all required non-clinical administrative documentation (ie, workload measurement, quality improvement, forms, etc.).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local employers, service providers, stakeholders and families.
- Provide consultative services to community agencies, Schedule 1 facilities and the public; act as a resource/speaker on mental health issues.
- Keep up to date, regarding professional standards by reviewing current literature, attending workshops/seminars, networking with colleagues, and maintain an up to date record of community resources/contacts.
- B.A. in Social or Health Sciences preferred.
- Vocation studies certificate or acceptable combination of education, training and experience in vocational rehabilitation.
- It is required that the applicant be eligible for registration with the College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals.
- Knowledge of job creation.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in community mental health an asset.
- Experience with Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles and practice.
- Knowledge of applicable legislated acts (eg, MHA, The Health Care Consent Act).
- Excellent communication skills, organizational ability, critical thinking and goal setting skills.
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health practice principles an asset.
- Excellent observation, assessment and crisis intervention skills.
- Group leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member - comfortable with interdependence, consensus decision making and accountability to team needs.
- Suicide Prevention training and Non Violent Crisis Intervention training an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading and writing. Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
Salary Range: $37.26 to $42.52 hourly
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
- Please apply by clicking on the Apply button below. You will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your account.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The position will be open until filled.
- The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply Vocational Rehab Worker (Integrated Schizophrenia Recovery). If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read various other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to...
Must have a valid Enhanced Clearance. Developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating administrative procedures....
Remember to upload a copy of your diploma(s) or a certificate of merit as well as a current version of your CV into the My documents section of your career...
The role will include important but perhaps less glamorous duties such as booking travel, scheduling appointments, filing, and general administrative upkeep....
And it means positively impacting customers, your community and the environment. Working here means solid career development....
Check voicemail, answer and make phone calls. Manage social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr). NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE....
Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to work flexible hours and travel both in town and out of town and have access to a reliable vehicle....
Provides administrative support to the Convention, Conferences and Project Officer in the logistical coordination of the Convention, Pre-Convention Committee...
Ces quatre mots orientent tout ce que nous faisons en tant que catalyseur de la diffusion, de la création et de la transmission des savoirs à travers ce grand...