General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Armtec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and commercial area, in August 2017 Armtec is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Armtec opens job chance for General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa placed in Ottawa, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of August 2017 and will be closed on the end of this month. If you're enthusiastic about General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa, please read about the terms and conditions below.
General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa August 2017Armtec Ottawa, ON
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent reports to the Plant Supervisor.
- To help create finished products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the Company Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities. Promote Armtec’s “Everybody | Everywhere | Every Time” safety vision.
- Ensures that procedures and work instructions are adhered to
- Ensures that the correct tools are being used to inspect the quality of the product being produced
- Reports all non-conformances to the Quality Department
- Responsible for the quality of Plant and Concrete
- On the job at the start of the shift
- Organize and schedule Shift requirements in consultation with the Line and Precast Supervisor
- Ensures all maintenance issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor as soon as they are apparent
- Follows work instructions as trained
- Check mould for debris
- Clean out mould with air hose and oil moulds
- Check texture of mould side of panels
- Rake, level, tamp and screed on finish Concrete within time required and to the required levels
- Install plastic rebar chairs, wire mesh, rebar and lifting inserts within the time required
- Place and check rebar in the panel to specification if any
- Make sure side rails are cleaned properly
- Properly identify panel with tag and document
- Ensure ID of the panel is correct
- Check pattern and finish on both sides of panel for obvious visible damage
- Ensure non-conforming panels are bundled together
- Train and assist other hourly employees as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors or Shift Manager
- Ensures that the Line Area is clean at the end of each shift and all tools are cleaned and returned to their designated areas
- Ensures that the shop floor is a showcase for our customers
- Production personnel – co-ordination of movement of product.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
Ability to fully understand English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs
This is for a night shift. You must be available for day shift for training and once trained will move to the night shift. Night Shift is entitled to a $1.00 shift premium.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Assistance Plan, Group RRSP match program, educational assistance, internal succession planning and more.
Armtec is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Armtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- Ottawa, ON
- High school or equivalent
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Acting as a Welcome Ambassador for our arriving guests at the Ottawa Airport and encourage and assist guests to utilize the self service kiosks....
Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Representation Section, this position provides secretarial and administrative support to the national and/or...
Answering and transferring incoming telephone calls. Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail....
Processing a high volume of e-mails and incoming phone calls. Operate as the liaison between our Costco.ca customers, vendors, buying and operations staff....
Answering/directing telephone calls. Greet and triage in person and on the telephone. Please visit our website to learn more about us at nepeanoptometric.com....
Be aware of and make use of relevant community resources. Program Development includes:. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of social, environmental, and...
Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport...
Somerset West Community Health Centre is a well-established, non-profit, multi-service centre providing health, social and community outreach services with an...
And performing various administrative and financial duties for both Community Life Service and Conventions and Reservations....