General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Armtec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec is a growing company in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in October 2017 Armtec is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Armtec opens job chance for General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa positioned in Ottawa, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of October 2017 and you will be closed on the end of the month. If you're considering General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa October 2017Armtec Ottawa, ON
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent reports to the Plant Supervisor.
- To help create finished products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the Company Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities. Promote Armtec’s “Everybody | Everywhere | Every Time” safety vision.
- Ensures that procedures and work instructions are adhered to
- Ensures that the correct tools are being used to inspect the quality of the product being produced
- Reports all non-conformances to the Quality Department
- Responsible for the quality of Plant and Concrete
- On the job at the start of the shift
- Organize and schedule Shift requirements in consultation with the Line and Precast Supervisor
- Ensures all maintenance issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor as soon as they are apparent
- Follows work instructions as trained
- Check mould for debris
- Clean out mould with air hose and oil moulds
- Check texture of mould side of panels
- Rake, level, tamp and screed on finish Concrete within time required and to the required levels
- Install plastic rebar chairs, wire mesh, rebar and lifting inserts within the time required
- Place and check rebar in the panel to specification if any
- Make sure side rails are cleaned properly
- Properly identify panel with tag and document
- Ensure ID of the panel is correct
- Check pattern and finish on both sides of panel for obvious visible damage
- Ensure non-conforming panels are bundled together
- Train and assist other hourly employees as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors or Shift Manager
- Ensures that the Line Area is clean at the end of each shift and all tools are cleaned and returned to their designated areas
- Ensures that the shop floor is a showcase for our customers
- Production personnel – co-ordination of movement of product.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
Ability to fully understand English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs
This is for a night shift. You must be available for day shift for training and once trained will move to the night shift. Night Shift is entitled to a $1.00 shift premium.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Assistance Plan, Group RRSP match program, educational assistance, internal succession planning and more.
Armtec is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Armtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- Ottawa, ON
- High school or equivalent
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to use General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on-line and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Valid 'G' driver's licence (or equivalent as accepted by the Province of Ontario) with acceptable driving record....
If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online. Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services Department,...
Duties include accounts receivable and payables, reconciliations as well as administrative activities for the licensing of vehicles, registration of sold units,...
Assisting with answering incoming telephone calls and emails, assigning requests for legal advice to CNPS lawyers, processing mail and updating periodicals....
Leads the analysis, design, development and implementation of computerized databases and information systems required to support the operations and to ensure...
Baccalauréat en communications, marketing ou relations publiques jumelé à un minimum de deux (2) ans d'expérience ou un diplôme d'études collégiales dans une...
All Candidates must have a G class drivers license with a clean driving record or their own transportation of getting to our shop in Stittsville....
Valid Canadian drivers permit to be able to attend duties around the city easily. This includes but not limited to bookkeeping utilizing an existing software,...
Answers telephone and correspondence inquiries by supporting RCM clients with all inquiries related to their client profiles by keeping a first call resolution...