General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa Job Opening in Ottawa, ON - Armtec Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Armtec is a speedily growing enterprise in Ottawa, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in April 2017 Armtec is likely to improve the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Armtec opens job chance of General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa positioned in Ottawa, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of April 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa April 2017Armtec Ottawa, ON
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent reports to the Plant Supervisor.
- To help create finished products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the Company Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities. Promote Armtec’s “Everybody | Everywhere | Every Time” safety vision.
- Ensures that procedures and work instructions are adhered to
- Ensures that the correct tools are being used to inspect the quality of the product being produced
- Reports all non-conformances to the Quality Department
- Responsible for the quality of Plant and Concrete
- On the job at the start of the shift
- Organize and schedule Shift requirements in consultation with the Line and Precast Supervisor
- Ensures all maintenance issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor as soon as they are apparent
- Follows work instructions as trained
- Check mould for debris
- Clean out mould with air hose and oil moulds
- Check texture of mould side of panels
- Rake, level, tamp and screed on finish Concrete within time required and to the required levels
- Install plastic rebar chairs, wire mesh, rebar and lifting inserts within the time required
- Place and check rebar in the panel to specification if any
- Make sure side rails are cleaned properly
- Properly identify panel with tag and document
- Ensure ID of the panel is correct
- Check pattern and finish on both sides of panel for obvious visible damage
- Ensure non-conforming panels are bundled together
- Train and assist other hourly employees as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors or Shift Manager
- Ensures that the Line Area is clean at the end of each shift and all tools are cleaned and returned to their designated areas
- Ensures that the shop floor is a showcase for our customers
- Production personnel – co-ordination of movement of product.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
Ability to fully understand English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs
This is for a night shift. You must be available for day shift for training and once trained will move to the night shift. Night Shift is entitled to a $1.00 shift premium.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Assistance Plan, Group RRSP match program, educational assistance, internal succession planning and more.
Armtec is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Armtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- Ottawa, ON
- High school or equivalent
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply General Labourer - Night Shift - Ottawa. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply online and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful for you to get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
The Social Justice Tribunals Ontario (SJTO) is a cluster of eight adjudicative tribunals with a mandate to resolve applications and appeals brought under nine...
Cultural and educational programs, International Visitor Leadership Program. Certificate, permanent residency card, etc.)....
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. Competence in handling cash and credit card transactions....
Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and persons in visible minority groups. The Ottawa Marriott is also committed to selection based on merit...
Possess a valid driver’s license. Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence,...
Greeting visitors in a courteous and respectful manner; The opening of the Canadian History Hall and ongoing commemorations of the First World War Centenary is...
Have a passport - Have a valid driver licence. Required license or certification:. Be over the age of 19. Be in good physical condition and able to carry 25kg....
Answer incoming calls from customers to troubleshoot problems and provide information. Route calls to appropriate resources....
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit....