RECREATION OFFICER (8) Job Opening in Toronto, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a rapidly growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in December 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for RECREATION OFFICER (8) placed in Toronto, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of December 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're considering RECREATION OFFICER (8), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
RECREATION OFFICER (8) December 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking:
• 1 Recreation Officer at the Maplehurst Correctional Complex (Milton)
• 6 Recreation Officers at the Toronto East Detention Centre (Scarborough)
• 1 Recreation Officer at the Vanier Centre for Women (Milton)
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? • Participate in the planning, design, implementation and facilitation of institutional recreation programs and special events
• Recommend changes to improve existing programs and events
• Provide instruction including lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in recreational activities
• Arrange for facilities, equipment, and materials required for recreational activities
• Ensure security, control, and safety standards are maintained while organizing, coordinating, leading and implementing individual or group recreational activities
• Provide for the care, custody and control of inmates including responding to emergency situations
• Prepare incident/occurrence, accident and injury, and any other applicable reports
How do I qualify? Mandatory • You currently possess (or able to obtain) First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Heartsaver Certificates
Specialized Knowledge and Experience • You have knowledge of theories, principles and rules of recreation activities such as physical education, kinesiology, or recreation leadership in order to instruct and guide participants in physical, social, cultural and/or educational recreation activities
• You have experience designing, planning, evaluating, and recommending changes to recreation programs and special events
• You have knowledge of practical correctional techniques to perform supervision during recreation activities
• You are able to understand, apply, and comply with policies and procedures related to institution security in order to ensure custody, control, and safety of participating inmates during recreation activities and special events
• You have understanding of relevant legislation such as Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
Excellent Communication Skills • You can provide clear instruction to inmates and convey information
• You have writing skills to complete routine reports
• You have experience in using counseling and influencing skills as well as verbal defusing techniques in conflict situations and altercations
Analytical and Evaluation Skills • You are able to handle disruptive inmate behaviour as well as safety and security issues
• You can participate in the planning and design of recreational programs, implementation, and selection of required equipment/material
• You have mathematical and grammatical fluency to complete required reports and maintain accurate inmate counts and equipment inventory
Other Essential Skills • You have organizational skills to plan own activities and the activities of inmates engaged in recreational activities
• You can ensure resources and facilities are available both inside and outside the Institution
• You have basic proficiency with computer software and keyboarding in order to prepare schedules, reports, and email correspondence
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 661 Main St, Milton, Central Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
- 6 Permanent, 55 Civic Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
- 1 Permanent, 665 Martin St, Milton, Central Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Fingerprint-based Criminal Record (CPIC) check, Vulnerable Service Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Friday, January 6, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out the requirements above to use RECREATION OFFICER (8). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Knowledge of general office procedures, instructions, and relevant reference materials, e.g., telephone directories or lists, staff lists and locations, mailing...
*Job Summary* We are ahead on production but behind on good people. Must be a good communicator, reliable and have a neat appearance. Jobs rely heavily on...
Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated...
You will take on a full range of retail responsibilities, including serving customers, unloading trucks, handling stock, performing cashier and merchandising...
Maintain knowledge of various store departments and be available to operate cash register for regular transactions, perform shipping and receiving duties, stock...
Answering inbound calls and placing outbound calls on daily basis. Order taking, entry, processing and shipping. Social media experience is welcomed....
Answer in-coming emails and calls from retailers, sales representatives, and internal partners. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility...
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and...
This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position, as a condition of employment. Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an...