REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) Job Opening in Maidstone, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is a rapidly growing company in Maidstone, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in October 2017 Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services opens job opportunity for REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) positioned in Maidstone, ON. This option has been opened at the start of October 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about REHABILITATION OFFICER (1), please read about the terms and conditions below.
REHABILITATION OFFICER (1) October 2017Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Maidstone, ON
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? In this position, you will:
• provide classification, rehabilitation programs, temporary absence coordination and discharge planning services to inmates
• seek pertinent information for the classification, temporary absence and discharge planning processes by interviewing inmates, liaising with other sources and reviewing relevant documents
• facilitate the discharge planning and community reintegration process for inmates requiring assistance
• obtain and assess information about an inmate's return to the community by assessing the risks associated with releasing an inmate
• determine the current requirements and discharge needs of inmates by reviewing information from all clinical and correctional sources
• facilitate inmate orientation programs and provide advice, counselling and information pertaining to institutional adjustment and program availability
• complete internal classification reports to determine suitable unit placement of newly admitted inmates
How do I qualify? Technical, Legislative and Safety Knowledge: • you have the ability to acquire knowledge of legislation (i.e. Ministry of Correctional Services Act) and policies, procedures and programs related to internal classification processes, the Temporary Absence Program and discharge planning.
• you can interpret legal documents to determine appropriate community placements for offenders with complex discharge planning needs (non-association orders, non-contact orders, victim notification, etc).
• you understand risk and needs assessment tools (LSI-OR) related to the Temporary Absence program to assess an offender's application to the program against established criteria
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of the rules and regulations of a correctional facility to be able to assess an offender's behaviour and suitability for participation in the program
• you have knowledge of community agencies and resources to assist in the rehabilitation and reintegration of offenders and knowledge of institutional core programs
• you understand the justice system, court processes and court documentations
• you have the ability to understand and interpret CPIC data
Analytical, Investigative, Evaluative and Problem Solving Skills: • you can obtain information and determine suitability of an offender for participation in the program(s) based on the established criteria and make recommendations to the senior administrator
• you can resolve issues or matters pertaining to offender participation in the program(s)
Communication, Interpersonal and Computer Skills: • you can clearly convey the nature of the program to offenders, Probation Officers, the police, lawyers and other community agency representatives
• you can deal with requests or complaints, interpret and clarify information as well as encourage compliance and cooperation (i.e. when an offender must return to the institution)
• you can work with various institutional staff and meet with offenders to screen them for suitability in institutional programs as well as community-based programs
• you can communicate with community agencies and provide discharge planning services to offenders with a variety of treatment needs
• you can interview offenders and community contacts to obtain information and assess offender motivation and suitability for placement in the program
• you are proficient in a variety of computer software packages (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, databases and computerized offender tracking management system - OTIS) to input and retrieve inmate data, prepare and maintain reports, prepare and maintain statistics and update LSI-OR entries
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 4819 8th Concession Rd , Maidstone, West Region, Enhanced – Vulnerable Service Sector Check, Local Police Record Check, Intelligence Check, Credit Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to use REHABILITATION OFFICER (1). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting to the Employee Engagement Specialist, Windsor Casino Limited, the Employee Engagement Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support for...
Answering incoming calls from patients, providing support, guidance, education and answering questions, including supporting them in their cannabis ordering....
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability in needs assessment, curriculum development, program planning, delivering and evaluating learning opportunities,...
Valid driver's licence; No degree, certificate or diploma Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)....
Our store provides visiting guests with a unique shopping experience. Assist customers through individual consultation and demonstration....
Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human...
Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing....
The Research Associate will be supporting the research, program evaluation and knowledge transfer activities of HDGH....
Stocking Table to Store Standards. Keeping Store Clean (dusting, sweeping, and tidying). The individual will work on a POS system and packing produce....