VOLUNTEER SERVICES COORDINATOR (1) Job Opening in London, ON - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Recruitment 2017Are you seeking an opportunity to apply your excellent organizational and people skills? As a Volunteer Services Coordinator, you will develop, co-ordinate and implement a volunteer service and community partnership program to meet inmate needs.
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package including:
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• A comprehensive health and dental plan
• Life and disability insurance
• A progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance
• Flexible learning and developmental opportunities including online, training and mentorship programs
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization
The Ontario Public Service has been chosen as one of:
• Canada's Top 100 Employers
• Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
• Canada's Best Diversity Employers
• Canada's Greenest Employer
• Top Employer for Canadians Under 40
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role, you will:
• Identify volunteer program needs in consultation with program heads as well as plan, develop and implement approved programs
• Monitor and evaluate established programs in relation to institutional goals and inmates needs
• Co-ordinate the recruitment, screening, orientation, training, placement and supervision of volunteers and monitor their performance
• Provide mentorship, advice and support to volunteers by providing periodic and ongoing professional development and training opportunities
• Ensure volunteers adhere to Ministry standards, policies and procedures as well as identify and resolve routine and complex problems
• Plan, organize and co-ordinate annual recognition events
• Orient new volunteers and promote programs through on-going communication
• Liaise with institutional staff to monitor volunteer participation in programs
How do I qualify? Specialized Knowledge and Experience • You have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with theories, principles and objectives of a wide variety of volunteer programs, services and community resources
• You have knowledge of recruitment and advertising techniques, adult training techniques, program organization and management supervision techniques
• You have understanding of accepted volunteer motivational theories to place volunteers in appropriate and meaningful assignments, which meet their personal interests as well as those of the Institution
Communication, Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills • You are able to clearly convey information and explain the nature of volunteer programs
• You can obtain support for volunteer activities by attending community meetings and speaking on volunteer opportunities
• You are able to establish and maintain strong relationships and partnerships
• You can liaise with ministry stakeholders/partners to develop, evaluate, operationalize and implement new inmate programs and services
• You can prepare and deliver presentations
Evaluative, Analytical, Reasoning and Problem-Solving Skills • You are able to assess suitability when screening applicants
• You can resolve issues and concerns as well as assess performance
• You can analyze gaps in services and recommend changes
Other Essential Skills • You are proficient with various computer software applications and database systems to prepare reports, develop program proposals and correspondence, and maintain statistics
• You are able to understand and apply relevant legislation (i.e. Ministry of Correctional Services Act, Criminal Code of Canada, Child and Family Services Act) in order to train and supervise professional agencies and volunteers
• You are able to comply with corporate policies, directive and administrative procedures to ensure safety and security of the Institution
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 711 Exeter Rd, London, West Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Vulnerable Service Sector (VSS) check, Intelligence Check, Local Police Record Check, Credit Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Corrections and Enforcement
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Processing of accounts payable, the collection and processing of deposits, the maintenance of accounts receivable, generating invoices, the review and...
Our customers can be male, female, straight, gay, trans, disabled, come from various religious backgrounds and ethnicities, etc. We are a store for everyone and...
Process invoices, including receipt of invoices via mail, email, inter-office mail and payment via credit card or cheque and processing in our accounting...
Store set up, customer service, cash handling, general cleaning and sanitation. The successful applicant must be outgoing and friendly, able to....
The Assistant, Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education provided administrative and clerical support for the programs and staff in the Adult and Continuing...
No degree, certificate or diploma Experience. Compile worksheets and specifications of orders; Create, investigate, track and complete work orders Security and...
Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person...
_*The London Public Library will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes upon request consistent with the Ontario...
Desire more hours? Safety first approach to work. A GREAT attendance record and glowing references. Part time employees are eligible to apply for full time...