System Administrator Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Dialpad, Inc. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Dialpad, Inc. is a speedily growing enterprise in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the business and industrial area, in April 2017 Dialpad, Inc. is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Dialpad, Inc. opens job opportunity for System Administrator located in Vancouver, BC. This chance has been opened at the beginning of April 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're thinking about System Administrator, please read about the conditions and terms below.
System Administrator April 2017Dialpad, Inc. Vancouver, BC
With $53 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top VC’s along with engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, every member of our team plays an essential role in creating a voice product that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but that paves the way for the next generation of anywhere workers.
We need an experienced system administrator familiar with linux and networking. Someone flexible, motivated and excited to solve problems at scale. Someone capable of tackling the deep technical challenges that stem from offering real-time communications across a planet as well as a rapidly growing user base.
- Participate in design and deployment of Unix systems into data center environments
- Turn up new datacenters around the world
- Setup new cages, racks, machines, and network hardware
- Monitor machines across all datacenters
- Respond to server break / fix situations while keeping in mind hardware/operating system configuration
- Automate and document common machine management tasks
- BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Excellent understanding of different OS’s, especially Debian and Ubuntu
- Familiar with general enterprise IT Operations
- Experience deploying and managing hardware in data centers
- Understanding of enterprise networking technologies: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Communication - Exceptional interpersonal, reporting, and planning skills
- Agility - Able to travel on relatively short notice (~1w)
- Independence - Must be able to get a lot done with little assistance including planning
- Diagnostics - Can troubleshoot unseen problems using fundamental system understanding
- Visa - Travel to foreign countries including the US, EU, Japan, Australia, Brazil and Hong Kong
Not needed as you’d learn it on the job but below are skills that would be a plus
- Experience with Google App Engine or Rackspace
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Dell hardware and iDRAC administration/automation
- Basic experience with IP routing protocols including BGP, IS-IS, OSPF
Poolside. Backyard BBQ. Third booth from the left. Here’s where you’ll find the anywhere workers of Dialpad. Because for us, work is a thing you do not a place you go. And with a customer base of 25,000+ companies, we’re helping build voice products that empower future anywhere workers.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Plan employee coverage.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both health and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco Raleigh Vancouver Tokyo San Antonio San Jose. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to use System Administrator. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
be between the age of 17 and 30 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada (be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee...
You will be responsible for the management of all our company and personal social media channels and will be assisting in the creation and execution of a...
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Junior Stock Clerk performs a variety of receiving and shipping work on site in accordance with clearly defined work...
A valid BC Driver's License is required. With 47 ports of call, 34 vessels, and more than 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned...
This position is at the British Columbia Visitor Centre @ Peace Arch, a Destination BC provincial gateway centre. Handle cash and complete transactions....
The Recreation division provides innovative recreational and cultural programs and services that support healthy active living to meet the needs of our...
Possess a valid driver’s license. Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence,...
Provide information and answer questions from passengers on the flight or their experience on board; Air Transat - Air transportation....
Knowledge of emergency procedures and a First Aid certification are an asset. Receives tickets and cash, makes change for customers and issues receipts;...