System Administrator Job Opening in Vancouver, BC - Dialpad, Inc. Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Dialpad, Inc. is a growing company in Vancouver, BC. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in June 2017 Dialpad, Inc. is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. Dialpad, Inc. opens job chance for System Administrator placed in Vancouver, BC. This chance has been opened at the beginning of June 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're enthusiastic about System Administrator, please read about the terms and conditions below.
System Administrator June 2017Dialpad, Inc. Vancouver, BC
With $53 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top VC’s along with engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, every member of our team plays an essential role in creating a voice product that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but that paves the way for the next generation of anywhere workers.
We need an experienced system administrator familiar with linux and networking. Someone flexible, motivated and excited to solve problems at scale. Someone capable of tackling the deep technical challenges that stem from offering real-time communications across a planet as well as a rapidly growing user base.
- Participate in design and deployment of Unix systems into data center environments
- Turn up new datacenters around the world
- Setup new cages, racks, machines, and network hardware
- Monitor machines across all datacenters
- Respond to server break / fix situations while keeping in mind hardware/operating system configuration
- Automate and document common machine management tasks
- BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Excellent understanding of different OS’s, especially Debian and Ubuntu
- Familiar with general enterprise IT Operations
- Experience deploying and managing hardware in data centers
- Understanding of enterprise networking technologies: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Communication - Exceptional interpersonal, reporting, and planning skills
- Agility - Able to travel on relatively short notice (~1w)
- Independence - Must be able to get a lot done with little assistance including planning
- Diagnostics - Can troubleshoot unseen problems using fundamental system understanding
- Visa - Travel to foreign countries including the US, EU, Japan, Australia, Brazil and Hong Kong
Not needed as you’d learn it on the job but below are skills that would be a plus
- Experience with Google App Engine or Rackspace
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Dell hardware and iDRAC administration/automation
- Basic experience with IP routing protocols including BGP, IS-IS, OSPF
Poolside. Backyard BBQ. Third booth from the left. Here’s where you’ll find the anywhere workers of Dialpad. Because for us, work is a thing you do not a place you go. And with a customer base of 25,000+ companies, we’re helping build voice products that empower future anywhere workers.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Plan employee coverage.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both health and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco Raleigh Vancouver Tokyo San Antonio San Jose. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply System Administrator. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your brand-new CV by hitting "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you should get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Responds to all in-person, email and telephone requests accurately, intelligently, courteously and expeditiously utilizing knowledge of the collection and...
Possess a valid driver's license. As a General Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars, vacuuming and...
40 wpm typing with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain records with a high degree of accuracy. May 25, 2017, addressed to the attention of Linda...
Qualified in First Aid (asset). Inter Provincial certificate in mechanics. You will also conduct inspections and maintenance on the locomotives in compliance...
The Security & Stage Door Attendant is responsible for providing a range of security, access control, customer service, first aid and safety functions at the...
Is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women....
Pacific Coastal Customer Service Agents are responsible for providing outstanding service to our customers and must embody the Pacific Coastal Airlines motto of...
Provides advanced level of specialized expertise to BC First Nation community development and planning in the area of tobacco harm reduction....
Reporting to a Communications Team Manager, the Emergency Communications Operator 1 [ECO 1] is responsible for receiving emergency and non-emergency calls,...