JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is an evergrowing company in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in July 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is planning to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance of JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) put in Brampton, ON. This chance has been opened at the start of July 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're enthusiastic about JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2), please read about the terms and conditions below.
JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) July 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• type and transcribe (from handwritten notes or dictation media) correspondence, judgments and legal documents
• take dictation, edit and compose correspondence
• provide reception services and arrange appointments
• maintain and manage judges' calendars and schedules, and arrange for travel
• process invoices and travel claims, maintain expense accounts
• provide support to judges on committees
• process mail, maintain filing system and access information on databases
How do I qualify? Mandatory • typing speed of 50 words per minute (You will be required to complete a typing test.)
• shorthand to ministry standards of 80 words per minute or dicta skills to ministry standards of 70% (You will be required to complete a dicta test.)
Technical Knowledge and Experience • you have demonstrated legal secretarial and administrative experience
• you have knowledge of legal office systems, financial processes and court systems
• you have ability to work within court procedures including knowledge of legal terminology and documents
Communication and Interpersonal Skills • you have excellent written communication skills to compose correspondence and transcribe judgments
• you have excellent oral communication skills to communicate with the judiciary in order to discuss court schedules and respond to inquiries
• you have ability to receive and screen telephone calls and visitors using tact and discretion
• you have interpersonal skills to deal with confidential and sensitive information and can deal effectively and tactfully various stakeholders
Judgment, Organizational and Analytical Skills • you have proven organizational skills and ability to work independently
• you can prioritize, multi-task and complete work to meet deadlines
• you have ability to use good judgment and analytical skills to research and respond to inquiries and resolve conflicts successfully
Computer Skills • you have demonstrated computer skills using applications such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet and the Intranet
Please note: The Brampton Courthouse is a scent-free environment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Permanent - Full Time, 7755 Hurontario St, Brampton, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must be able to fill out certain requirements above to apply JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by pressing "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful for you to get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read other job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Deliver exceptional customer serviceComplete all training, learning products and sharing knowledgeProvide mentorship, coaching and feedback to teams Participate...
We are currently looking for Grocery Overnight clerks. Must be able to work weekdays and weekends. Experience an asset. Job Type: Part
Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active, healthy...
Addresses customer inquiries received by telephone, e-mail, TTY, language translator, via social media and at in person reception counter....
Must have own transposition, driver license and insurance to use your vehicle for job related travelling. Required license or certification:....
After-school program leaders are responsible for working with children from the ages of 3-10 on a part-time basis on weekdays generally in the 3PM-4PM time...
Your dedication to providing a neat, clean, organized and safe shopping environment for our customers and team is an important part of creating this experience....
Human Resources - Brampton – Full Time Produce Clerk (Brampton Store). If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources....
Picking, sorting and properly documenting orders as per operating procedure. Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100...