JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is a speedily growing business in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in February 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance for JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) positioned in Brampton, ON. This opportunity has been opened at the beginning of February 2017 and will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2), please read about the conditions and terms below.
JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) February 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• type and transcribe (from handwritten notes or dictation media) correspondence, judgments and legal documents
• take dictation, edit and compose correspondence
• provide reception services and arrange appointments
• maintain and manage judges' calendars and schedules, and arrange for travel
• process invoices and travel claims, maintain expense accounts
• provide support to judges on committees
• process mail, maintain filing system and access information on databases
How do I qualify? Mandatory • typing speed of 50 words per minute (You will be required to complete a typing test.)
• shorthand to ministry standards of 80 words per minute or dicta skills to ministry standards of 70% (You will be required to complete a dicta test.)
Technical Knowledge and Experience • you have demonstrated legal secretarial and administrative experience
• you have knowledge of legal office systems, financial processes and court systems
• you have ability to work within court procedures including knowledge of legal terminology and documents
Communication and Interpersonal Skills • you have excellent written communication skills to compose correspondence and transcribe judgments
• you have excellent oral communication skills to communicate with the judiciary in order to discuss court schedules and respond to inquiries
• you have ability to receive and screen telephone calls and visitors using tact and discretion
• you have interpersonal skills to deal with confidential and sensitive information and can deal effectively and tactfully various stakeholders
Judgment, Organizational and Analytical Skills • you have proven organizational skills and ability to work independently
• you can prioritize, multi-task and complete work to meet deadlines
• you have ability to use good judgment and analytical skills to research and respond to inquiries and resolve conflicts successfully
Computer Skills • you have demonstrated computer skills using applications such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet and the Intranet
Please note: The Brampton Courthouse is a scent-free environment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Permanent - Full Time, 7755 Hurontario St, Brampton, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to use JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2). If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor, the Coordinator, Recreation, ensures the provision of quality recreation program delivery and customer service...
Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Answer electronic enquiries; Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other...
Reply to telephone and electronic enquiries and dispatch telephone calls and messages. Qualified Canadians/ permanent residents including new comers to Canada,...
Answer phone calls and client requests. Take charge of clients by identifying and anticipating their needs and steering them toward electronic solutions (ABM or...
Manage transactions and the cash register with honesty and integrity. A Store Cashier/Stock Clerk acts as the company’s front line contact with customers, and...
Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques and quality standards e.g. telephone etiquette, customer service standards, to provide effective telephone...
Must have flexibility, as shifts may fill up prior to Orientation*. Feed the lines*. Plant environment, cold and wet conditions.*. Starting rate of pay:....
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community....
We consider our customers our friends. Briefly, here's a snapshot of the day to day at our store as a sales associate....