JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) Job Opening in Brampton, ON - Ministry of the Attorney General Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - Ministry of the Attorney General is an evergrowing company in Brampton, ON. To accelerate the development of the business and professional area, in June 2017 Ministry of the Attorney General is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. Ministry of the Attorney General opens job chance for JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) placed in Brampton, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of June 2017 and you will be closed on the finish of the month. If you're thinking about JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2), please read about the conditions and conditions below.
JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2) June 2017Ministry of the Attorney General Brampton, ON
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• type and transcribe (from handwritten notes or dictation media) correspondence, judgments and legal documents
• take dictation, edit and compose correspondence
• provide reception services and arrange appointments
• maintain and manage judges' calendars and schedules, and arrange for travel
• process invoices and travel claims, maintain expense accounts
• provide support to judges on committees
• process mail, maintain filing system and access information on databases
How do I qualify? Mandatory • typing speed of 50 words per minute (You will be required to complete a typing test.)
• shorthand to ministry standards of 80 words per minute or dicta skills to ministry standards of 70% (You will be required to complete a dicta test.)
Technical Knowledge and Experience • you have demonstrated legal secretarial and administrative experience
• you have knowledge of legal office systems, financial processes and court systems
• you have ability to work within court procedures including knowledge of legal terminology and documents
Communication and Interpersonal Skills • you have excellent written communication skills to compose correspondence and transcribe judgments
• you have excellent oral communication skills to communicate with the judiciary in order to discuss court schedules and respond to inquiries
• you have ability to receive and screen telephone calls and visitors using tact and discretion
• you have interpersonal skills to deal with confidential and sensitive information and can deal effectively and tactfully various stakeholders
Judgment, Organizational and Analytical Skills • you have proven organizational skills and ability to work independently
• you can prioritize, multi-task and complete work to meet deadlines
• you have ability to use good judgment and analytical skills to research and respond to inquiries and resolve conflicts successfully
Computer Skills • you have demonstrated computer skills using applications such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet and the Intranet
Please note: The Brampton Courthouse is a scent-free environment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Permanent - Full Time, 7755 Hurontario St, Brampton, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply JUDICIAL SECRETARY (2). If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can below read additional job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand 8 hours or more per day, in case of overtime work, walk, use hands and fingers,...
Your dedication to providing a neat, clean, organized and safe shopping environment for our customers and team is an important part of creating this experience....
Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Answer electronic enquiries; Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other...
We looking for Cashier/Food Prep full time/part time who is flexible to work day and evening shifts .Must have some cashier experience in food industry, no...
You are positive, friendly and social with guests and team members. Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more. Help out with the receiving of food product when the...
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years Experience. Answer electronic enquiries;...
Answer phone calls and emails from customers and initiate calls to schedule and confirm appointments in English....
Now hiring at 35 Woodbine Downs Boulevard #3b,...
Keeps the customer informed regarding the status and progress of their calls, completing the formal conclusion of calls including monitoring customer...