Application Examiner Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is a growing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in April 2017 City of Toronto is likely to boost the number of employees and improve existing human resources. City of Toronto opens job chance of Application Examiner located in Toronto, ON. This prospect has been opened at the start of April 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're considering Application Examiner, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Application Examiner April 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the Application Examiner:
- Responds to zoning inquiries by researching and interpreting by-laws and regulations. Refers to records, zoning maps, plans of survey and property data maps for restrictive by-laws and zoning designation. Ascertains exact locations of property, corner lots, public lanes, rights of way, etc. and provides guidance on the building permit process
- Analyzes, verifies and applies information from Committee Adjustment and OMB decisions, files, plans, assessment rolls, by-laws and other land-use legislation in response to inquiries from the public, solicitors, architects and elected officials
- Checks plans and documents submitted such as surveys affidavits, statutory declarations etc, regarding non-conforming uses
- Receives and processes permit applications at counter or via electronic submission for building, demolition, heating, plumbing, etc. as well as applications for Planning and Committee of Adjustment approval
- Checks applications for completeness of information. Ensures all plans and documents are submitted. Informs applicants of incomplete plans and documentation as necessary. Conducts preliminary screenings for compliance with by-laws in order to determine whether application is to be accepted or rejected.
- Amends updates and cross references zoning and related by-law texts and maps and maintains records of OMB and City Clerk approval of by-laws
- Prepares preliminary review notices as required
- Provides information on Ontario Building Code matters
- Reviews permit application drawings for compliance with zoning and the Ontario Building Code for purposes of issuing a building and/or plumbing permit for small residential construction proposals
- Enters and updates application information into the computer tracking system for permit, planning and Committee of Adjustment applications
- Calculates construction costs and permit fees as well as other applicable charges related to building permit applications and planning and development approvals
- Identifies "Holds" with respect to required approvals from other divisions and agencies
- Provides written comments on proposed uses to Business Licensing and for clearance of LCBO licences requests
- Processes payment of fees including receipt of cash, cheque and credit card transactions
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Ability to accurately interpret land use by-laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain good relations in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Good knowledge of municipal and interrelated government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and training with IBMS would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must manage to fill out the requirements above to apply Application Examiner. If you have already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the web and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Current First Aid training or a willingness to complete this training Experience in a cultural or museum environment is an asset....
Possession of a valid non-probationary Ontario Class “G” Driver's Licence in good standing and meet the corporate standard for a good driving record....
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Early Resolutions Managers and their staff and serves as back-up for the Records and...
Knowledge of records management operations as well as numerical and alphabetical filing systems in order to maintain and retrieve central court files....
A comprehensive introductory training program. On-going learning and professional development. Credit Bureau Of Canada Collections*....
Organize and maintain patient charts as well as electronic and paper information filing systems. Greet patients and families, and assist in meeting their needs...
Under the direction of the Office Services Supervisor (OSS), the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (R/AA) is responsible for handling the main floor...
First Aid certification is an asset. Must hold a current valid passport; Must successfully complete a 4 week full-time initial training program as well as...
Design, develop, manage and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system. Receive incoming phone calls and independently respond to both verbal and written...