Application Examiner Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is an evergrowing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and industrial area, in July 2017 City of Toronto is likely to increase the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. City of Toronto opens job opportunity for Application Examiner placed in Toronto, ON. This option has been opened at the beginning of July 2017 and you will be closed on the end of this month. If you're interested in Application Examiner, please read about the conditions and conditions below.
Application Examiner July 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the Application Examiner:
- Responds to zoning inquiries by researching and interpreting by-laws and regulations. Refers to records, zoning maps, plans of survey and property data maps for restrictive by-laws and zoning designation. Ascertains exact locations of property, corner lots, public lanes, rights of way, etc. and provides guidance on the building permit process
- Analyzes, verifies and applies information from Committee Adjustment and OMB decisions, files, plans, assessment rolls, by-laws and other land-use legislation in response to inquiries from the public, solicitors, architects and elected officials
- Checks plans and documents submitted such as surveys affidavits, statutory declarations etc, regarding non-conforming uses
- Receives and processes permit applications at counter or via electronic submission for building, demolition, heating, plumbing, etc. as well as applications for Planning and Committee of Adjustment approval
- Checks applications for completeness of information. Ensures all plans and documents are submitted. Informs applicants of incomplete plans and documentation as necessary. Conducts preliminary screenings for compliance with by-laws in order to determine whether application is to be accepted or rejected.
- Amends updates and cross references zoning and related by-law texts and maps and maintains records of OMB and City Clerk approval of by-laws
- Prepares preliminary review notices as required
- Provides information on Ontario Building Code matters
- Reviews permit application drawings for compliance with zoning and the Ontario Building Code for purposes of issuing a building and/or plumbing permit for small residential construction proposals
- Enters and updates application information into the computer tracking system for permit, planning and Committee of Adjustment applications
- Calculates construction costs and permit fees as well as other applicable charges related to building permit applications and planning and development approvals
- Identifies "Holds" with respect to required approvals from other divisions and agencies
- Provides written comments on proposed uses to Business Licensing and for clearance of LCBO licences requests
- Processes payment of fees including receipt of cash, cheque and credit card transactions
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Ability to accurately interpret land use by-laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain good relations in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Good knowledge of municipal and interrelated government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and training with IBMS would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must have the ability to fill out the requirements above to apply Application Examiner. If you've already meet up with the requirements, you can apply on the net and send your brand-new CV by clicking on "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful so that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Giving feedback for the orders. Zara is an international brand established in more than 88 countries and has over 2100 stores worldwide....
Daily processing of the incoming cheques thru the mail, ensuring proper banking standards are present on the cheques and recording of the incoming cheques for...
May be required to possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating...
With the help of over 70,000 volunteers every year and 56 affiliate organizations from coast to coast, our mission is to mobilize volunteers and community...
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes....
The Unit operates a service desk to handle Toronto Community Housing employees’ (our clients) requests for service during regular office hours spanning a 9-hour...
University Degree or Community College Diploma on related field or equivalent minimum 1 year training/work experience....
Screens, reviews and prioritizes incoming correspondence, phone calls, and initiates responses. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a...
Worker will work alongside one driver who will be responsible for driving the vehicle while you water the trees....