Application Examiner Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is a swiftly growing organization in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and commercial area, in June 2017 City of Toronto is planning to increase the number of employees and improve existing human resources. City of Toronto opens job chance for Application Examiner positioned in Toronto, ON. This prospect has been opened at the beginning of June 2017 and will be closed on the finish of this month. If you're interested in Application Examiner, please read about the conditions and terms below.
Application Examiner June 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the Application Examiner:
- Responds to zoning inquiries by researching and interpreting by-laws and regulations. Refers to records, zoning maps, plans of survey and property data maps for restrictive by-laws and zoning designation. Ascertains exact locations of property, corner lots, public lanes, rights of way, etc. and provides guidance on the building permit process
- Analyzes, verifies and applies information from Committee Adjustment and OMB decisions, files, plans, assessment rolls, by-laws and other land-use legislation in response to inquiries from the public, solicitors, architects and elected officials
- Checks plans and documents submitted such as surveys affidavits, statutory declarations etc, regarding non-conforming uses
- Receives and processes permit applications at counter or via electronic submission for building, demolition, heating, plumbing, etc. as well as applications for Planning and Committee of Adjustment approval
- Checks applications for completeness of information. Ensures all plans and documents are submitted. Informs applicants of incomplete plans and documentation as necessary. Conducts preliminary screenings for compliance with by-laws in order to determine whether application is to be accepted or rejected.
- Amends updates and cross references zoning and related by-law texts and maps and maintains records of OMB and City Clerk approval of by-laws
- Prepares preliminary review notices as required
- Provides information on Ontario Building Code matters
- Reviews permit application drawings for compliance with zoning and the Ontario Building Code for purposes of issuing a building and/or plumbing permit for small residential construction proposals
- Enters and updates application information into the computer tracking system for permit, planning and Committee of Adjustment applications
- Calculates construction costs and permit fees as well as other applicable charges related to building permit applications and planning and development approvals
- Identifies "Holds" with respect to required approvals from other divisions and agencies
- Provides written comments on proposed uses to Business Licensing and for clearance of LCBO licences requests
- Processes payment of fees including receipt of cash, cheque and credit card transactions
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Ability to accurately interpret land use by-laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain good relations in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Good knowledge of municipal and interrelated government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and training with IBMS would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must have the ability to fill out certain requirements above to apply Application Examiner. If you have already meet the requirements, you can apply on line and send your new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this given information is useful that you can get job you want. If you're not interested with this job, you can read other job informations below.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Must have a valid, non-probationary class G driver’s license and have access to own vehicle in order to attend work locations....
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and...
Handles, prioritizes and/or redirects inquiries and/or provides information and guidance to staff, Mayor’s office and Councillors, clients, the public, the...
Must possess current certification in CPR (C) and Standard First Aid training and maintain same throughout employment with Toronto Paramedic Services....
The Victims and Vulnerable Persons Division is seeking a dedicated individual to provide a full range of services to victim/witnesses of crime, including needs...
You are the first person customers see when entering the store and the last person customers will remember when exiting....
If you are interested in finding out more, please read the job posting below. Warehouse experience an asset. Immediate access to Employee discounts upon hiring....
Our English Services News and Media Production Services administrative team is looking for a creative and enthusiastic administrative assistant with knowledge...
Please, no phone calls about this job! The last person I was using got married and moved out of the province (He averaged $200.00 a day)....