Application Examiner Job Opening in Toronto, ON - City of Toronto Recruitment 2017
CanadasCareer.com - City of Toronto is an evergrowing company in Toronto, ON. To accelerate the development of the continuing business and professional area, in September 2017 City of Toronto is planning to raise the number of employees and improve existing recruiting. City of Toronto opens job chance for Application Examiner located in Toronto, ON. This option has been opened at the start of September 2017 and will be closed on the end of the month. If you're interested in Application Examiner, please read about the terms and conditions below.
Application Examiner September 2017City of Toronto Toronto, ON
- Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the Application Examiner:
- Responds to zoning inquiries by researching and interpreting by-laws and regulations. Refers to records, zoning maps, plans of survey and property data maps for restrictive by-laws and zoning designation. Ascertains exact locations of property, corner lots, public lanes, rights of way, etc. and provides guidance on the building permit process
- Analyzes, verifies and applies information from Committee Adjustment and OMB decisions, files, plans, assessment rolls, by-laws and other land-use legislation in response to inquiries from the public, solicitors, architects and elected officials
- Checks plans and documents submitted such as surveys affidavits, statutory declarations etc, regarding non-conforming uses
- Receives and processes permit applications at counter or via electronic submission for building, demolition, heating, plumbing, etc. as well as applications for Planning and Committee of Adjustment approval
- Checks applications for completeness of information. Ensures all plans and documents are submitted. Informs applicants of incomplete plans and documentation as necessary. Conducts preliminary screenings for compliance with by-laws in order to determine whether application is to be accepted or rejected.
- Amends updates and cross references zoning and related by-law texts and maps and maintains records of OMB and City Clerk approval of by-laws
- Prepares preliminary review notices as required
- Provides information on Ontario Building Code matters
- Reviews permit application drawings for compliance with zoning and the Ontario Building Code for purposes of issuing a building and/or plumbing permit for small residential construction proposals
- Enters and updates application information into the computer tracking system for permit, planning and Committee of Adjustment applications
- Calculates construction costs and permit fees as well as other applicable charges related to building permit applications and planning and development approvals
- Identifies "Holds" with respect to required approvals from other divisions and agencies
- Provides written comments on proposed uses to Business Licensing and for clearance of LCBO licences requests
- Processes payment of fees including receipt of cash, cheque and credit card transactions
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Ability to accurately interpret land use by-laws and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain good relations in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Good knowledge of municipal and interrelated government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and training with IBMS would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
You must manage to fill out certain requirements above to apply Application Examiner. If you've already meet the requirements, you can apply over the internet and send your brand-new CV by clicking "Apply Online" button. I hope this information is useful that you can get job you want. If you are not interested with this job, you can below read different job informations.
Apply for Job
Related Canada Career
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code,...
The person in this position must be capable of handling various administrative tasks in a fast, accurate and efficient manner ensuring a positive experience for...
Perform filing, typing, mail and courier services, and other related clerical tasks. The Clerk Grade 5 will perform a variety of clerical duties in support of...
Highly creative and willing to contribute to team discussions, collaboration and design direction. Must maintain knowledge of current digital best practices and...
We are ahead on production but behind on good people. Must be a good communicator, reliable and have a neat appearance. Jobs rely heavily on good customer
Is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals....
Whether it's a welcoming smile, a pro-active approach to guest services, or a keen eye for the details, Parkview BMW amazing team understands that our business...
Under the direction of the Manager, FRANK Restaurant, the Restaurant Host will greet guests and show them to the dining room promptly in order to provide...
Maintain electronic and hard copy information filing systems. Answer phones, communicating messages to the staff. Welcome and greet customers....